[pnpgm] Game Update #100 - File #745 - Evac orders given

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Oct 13 03:37:31 CEST 2019







    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra

         Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #100 sequence (file #745)
         ----------------------------------------------------------------

         Admin Notes: None.
         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [Recap]

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
                 Seeing Barbosa down, Z'leyra 
goes defensive and drags him through the portal. 
Hoping to be able to treat him on the other side.
            GM: Ack.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 [OOC This action taken due to 
apparent facing away of armor suit #1]

                 The last swing of suit #1's attack has temporarily moved the 

            GM: Ack. Facing is more a note to 
myself not a 'must be'  For hexes you have view 
of probably all sides of hex but directly behind 
unless turn.  So that's 300 degrees of view?  Good action!

            From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
                 "Everybody to that damn portal.  Now!"
            GM: Ack.

         --------------------------------------------------------------------
         [New Stuff]

         [Time: 1:24:23 pm – South-East of Ma'Dor]
         [Turn 2: Phase 3]

            Arawn continues to study the runes 
but they are shifting now.  The entire platform 
seems dynamically magical.  Some runes are fading 
entirely and some are centering themselves on the platform.

            Mournath moves to help Dorhak against 
#1.  He slips past the large weird creature who 
is just sitting staring at Arawn.  For a guardian 
he isn't too worried. Unless once the book left 
no need to guard?  He swings at #1 and hits his shield doing no damage.

            Kiet next to portal activates his 
Jump spell on his boots and jumps over the 
threshold of  the portal landing on other 
side.  So not to cause fire in front of 
portal.  He rushes to help the others and weaves 
in between  and 8 and barely inches from 
Z'leyra.  The fire engulfs both Suits and #8 collapses already badly damaged.

            Z'leyra sees the 2 suits near her 
almost destroyed and sheaths her great sword. She 
moves around 7 and drags Barbosa away from the 
fire which licks at his body.  She drags him a 
few feet then lifts the body.  She moves toward the portal.

           The last swing of suit #1's attack has 
temporarily moved the suit past Raddok, who, 
facing north, now sees Kiet's flaming path toward 
the portal & is startled. Then, seeing the suit 
near his shielded shoulder start to turn, he 
takes a chance and swings his mace down toward 
the back of the heavily-armored suit's knees, in 
an effort to knock it down. He bends his legs, 
spreading them for balance as he lowers his 
height closer to the dwarf height, making a swing 
that turns his body toward the bone-occupied 
suit, swinging his mace strongly toward the rear 
of the suit's knees and strikes strongly enough 
to hopefully knock the armor's feet out from under it.

            The swing hits strong and forces #1 
to wobble and then fall toward Dorhak.  He deftly 
avoids being smashed by armor.

            After this strong swing, he quickly 
re-balances, straightens up and steps back, 
shield in place, prepared to strike again - and 
sees the portal blinking. "Dorhak?!?", Raddok 
calls above the noise of the flames and fighting 
to the nearby Captain, looking at the shimmer of 
the portal changing. "Do we head for the portal? 
Look what's happening!" He looks quickly at the 
suit again, ready to strike again, this time 
toward the arm carrying the mace [whether the 
suit is standing or not], but already eying a path toward the portal.

            Suit #1 tries to sit on his knees to 
stand up but Dorhak kicks him back down.

            Suit #7 swings on Kiet but is weak and misses.

            Pyan spears #7 who is on a thread and 
does the final damage to make it stop moving.

            Dorhak raises his mace and 
hesitates.  To smash such richly armor is 
sickening.  But he glances at the portal and 
hears Raddok.  "Everybody to that damn 
portal.  Now!"  Then he closes his eyes and 
bashes the last bit of “life” from the animated skeleton.

                                 --------------

         [Time: 1:24:26 pm – South-East of Ma'Dor]
         [Turn 2: Phase 4]

            Arawn hears Dorhak and glances at the 
portal. Based on his estimate it could close in 
seconds.  Maybe 10 if good 3-5 if bad.

            Mournath runs to and through the portal.

            Kiet moves toward the portal but 
can't leave until the last one leaves due to his 
fire.  He waves the others forward.

            Z'leyra enters the portal and disappears.

            Raddok moves to and then enters portal.

            Dorhak moves toward portal and 
realizes 12 suits of plate could fetch him enough 
gold to become king of even human nations.  That 
is the true loot of this cave he will lose.  He 
stares at the creature and whistles for Arawn to 
move his pointy eared Alfar butt now.  Then he enters the portal.

            Pyan runs and enters the portal.

            The creature gets close to Arawn and 
nudges his back and grunts.  Arawn glances back 
and realizes the party but Kiet is gone.  It 
seems the creature is saying to go.  But if he 
makes the wrong decision here?  Arawn glances at 
the portal and it shrinks to about 40% of its size.

         [Time: 1:24:30 pm – South-East of Ma'Dor]
         [Turn 3: Phase 1]

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update: Saturday?

         GM: A short update but it was fast to 
do.  I will resolve what happens – assuming not 
TPK – on other side of portal hopefully next 
update.  I have tons to do this week Mon-Thur 
plus gotta do benefits for next year that takes a 
day or two.  So there is little chance of a 
update till Saturday.  But I may try Wednesday.  We'll see.

         GM: Arawn – Figured busy.  If need to 
chat email or we can use FB or some other form if 
needed.  Based on distance it will take you 4 
seconds to get to portal.  Keep this in mind.

            Kiet – How long wait for Arawn? Once 
you leave he'll have to move through flames if 
leave first.  But it risks you being stuck behind.


         GM: Damage -

                     Player              Damage
                 Barbosa         16+4+1+5
                 Unali                   6
                 Raddok          8
                 Arawn                   5
               Z'leyra           4

         GM: Experience

                    Player               Experience
                Dorhak           7 – Mace
                  Raddok         10, 24, 2 – Mace
                  Mournath               3 - Spear
                  Pyan           9, 3, 3, 1 - Spear
                  Z'leyra                12, 6, 23 – Great Sword


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20191012/17d7777c/attachment.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list