[pnpgm] Fwd: Stuff...and stuff...

Mark pnp markpnpg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 20:44:41 CET 2016

I agree that Eloquence is very under used in the formulas for PnP.  Using
the definition from the books and

Dave:
Eloquence - A Character’s mental dexterity. It can be viewed as his ability
to think quickly. Problems that require a person to be convincing in
interpersonal relations, think quickly or respond with mental rapidity
require Eloquence.

\Magic users and magic should be more affected by eloquence.   All the
other mental attributes matter, but Eloquence doesn't?  Hmm   But speed of
mind is very important!  It prevents errors, corrects errors faster. and so
much more.  The thinking is while the users main attributes aren't changed,
the person can apply what they have better, faster, and handle changes
easier.

Some possibilities here -

1.  Increase in casting speed.   Increase the Magic User's base Casting
speed by their
       (EB / 3) RD   or  (EB / 2) RD    Either would make a small but
noticeable difference and reason to have a good Eloquence.
       A. This is the one that I think makes great sense.  I would use the
(EB/2)RD for the addition to Casting Speed.

2. Increase the Max EL of spells.  This is the ability to apply their other
mental characteristicsin a better, faster, and more effective manner.
 Increase Spell Max EL by    (EB /2)RU   or  (EB/3) RU       Either work
for this too.

I had 2 military based skills, and one used Elquence as the driver.  the
two skills were Strategy and Small Unit Tactics.  Small Unit Tactics had El
as an attribute.

For Dagger, I noticed that. Kell should be a dagger user... anyways.  That
fits, as the dagger is small and reactive.  There could be other skills
too, but not so many of the physical skills.  Most mental skills could be
affected.   Playing strategy and military games, the ability to think fast
is very useful!

Those are my thoughts.  The PDF is excellent so far, I am 130 pages into
it.  There was one "cam" that should be a "can" and a PDF reference that
wasn't right.  I'll add those to a list and send.

Mark