[pnpgm] Game Update #30 - File #129 - Disguises and Fakes

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Jun 11 06:27:56 CEST 2013


   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #30 in sequence (file #129)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: None.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Yes, the conversation was intended for public consumption.
           And hopefully funny...
         GM: Ack.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Niv's unspoken concern blared like a beacon to Arawn's...

           "hile the others engaged Niv's attention Arawn took ...
         GM: Ack.

         From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
           Fremea seems nervous to the few that have gotten to ...

           "I, we, are looking for someone that might have ...
         GM: Ack.

      --------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 28th, 1634TH]
          [Location: North of Salaqara, Donara]

          [Time: 7:32am]

            Niv watches the giant outside the windows roaming the
          front yard.  He wonders why the large man is moving a bit
          closer toward the barn with his sons.

            Niv's unspoken concern blared like a beacon to Arawn's
          rarified senses. After years of peace, of a simple life
          unmolested by the complexities and dangers of his past the
          man was now once again faced with them. Without the luxury of
          a period to brace himself his trepidation was high and the Alfar
          doubted the barrage of linguistically masked conversation was
          helping to put him to ease.

            While the others engaged Niv's attention Arawn took a moment
          to kneel down, facing Fremea as if seeking to reassure a child.
          He spoke loud enough to be heard encouraging her to speak with
          the farmer before rising back to his feet, following after the
          farmer as he led them to food and shelter.

            Fremea turns to the sudden kneeling Elf at her feet.  She
          is suddenly struck by something different?  The Alfar almost
          looks more handsome?  Surely the last few months could not
          have changed him that much?

            Niv also notices the man kneeling just inches from him.
          The Farmer uses his old observation skills.  Yes.  There
          is definitely something about this man.  The skin, the brow,
          the hard features and those eyes.  He has seen them before.

            Arawn speaks up. "Thank you so much for the hospitality," he
          said, speaking in Marentian once it became clear that this was
          a language all present could speak and understand.

            "And I appreciate your directness. I believe that you mean
          what you say and that you can be trusted or we would not have
          been sent to you. In the end it is her parents we hope to find
          but to do so there are specific individuals we must seek first,
          those of a nature that may have allowed them to cross your path
          or those once associated with you. But I feel our charge should
          be the one to speak with you for it is her story to share, the
          rest of us bound to help her in any way we can."

            "If you would be so kind as to hear her out I think you
          will receive the information needed to aid us. It should not
          prove complicated and once done we can leave so that you and
          your family can return to peaceful life you have created for
          yourself here."

            Niv almost grins but only a portion of his upper lip quivers
          as if he is controlling it.  Arawn, Fremea and Kiet notice this
          but the others do not.   He leans toward Fremea and places his
          right hand onto her knee. Fremea uses all of her will to not
          slap the man or pull a dagger to slice his throat.  Then
          Niv does reveal a smile.  That drives Fremea even more toward
          ripping his throat out.  This is how her slavers treated her
          at first.  Kind and that loving embrace.  The blood begins
          to boil.  Then the man reaches with his left hand and rubs
          her left shoulder quickly with fast reflexes.  Fremea tries
          to recoil as if touched by a monster.  But it is too late.
          Niv detects the displeasure and removes both hands.

            Fremea seems nervous to the few that have gotten to know
          her. Of course to the farmer just sees someone not talking up
          and rather frustrated.

            "I, we, are looking for someone that might have information.
          He doesn't know it yet, though I highly doubt he would want to
          give it freely even if he did." Her eyes seem to harden more as
          she talks, "maybe you would know where to point us for the right
          direction and as he," pointing to Arawn, "already stated, we
          will be gone and leaving your family alone."

            She seems to mull something over in her mind for a second
          before speaking again, "We are looking for a thief, named Ozon."
          She watches his reactions to see if there is anything given
          away by her speaking his name.

            Niv stands up as if to consider the name.  He walks toward
          the window on the east side of the house and watches as Raban
          approaches the barn.  He sees his youngest son peeking out.
          Boys never follow orders.  The giant is showing him Squirt and
          the boy leaves the shadows of the barn.  Niv sighs.

            To his right and just below in a chair is Unali.   She
          examines the man and sees his stance as that of a fighter
          as well as a man who has seen many fights.  She can tell
          the man has seen a few close calls based on his arm knicks
          and scars.  Course it could just be farm accidents.  But
          the way the man holds his hand as if flexing a dagger rather
          than a large blade.  She sees his boots to be small but
          could hide a small knife.

            Niv turns to the others.  "I have heard of him. He is fairly
          famous in the province.  I understand though he works out
          mostly in the western cities like Samma but he does travel
          a bit from what I hear."

            Niv considers his next few words carefully.  Based on what
          has he has learned here and by his quick touching and eyes
          there is little doubt.  After decades of smuggling items he
          has learned the tricks of disguises and hiding spots.  This
          has allowed him to hone his visual skills.

            "Now my question is why does a Elf and a Faerry seek
          to find this criminal?"

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: A small update but things are moving.  A bit of a surprise
              I suppose? :)

          GM: Finally done with sheets or at least 98% of it. The mana
              file is updated and online and current.  Congrats to
              Will for a MEL boost.  The teleport to here moved him
              over the top.









More information about the pnpgm mailing list