[pnpgm] Game Update #13 - File #173 - Initial Dragon actions

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Wed Jun 3 09:02:24 CEST 2009

  di
  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 NPC...................Shu.Yeoh..........Wizard..Normal/Human..Fe
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  Do John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar, 2 Donkeys

  Cover Story Info:
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu as Guard/Archer
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa as Guard
     Fremea               as Noble child    [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan  as Trader
     Unali                as Zhou's wife

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #13 in sequence (file #173)

     Admin Notes: Total time for this update: 9 hours.

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <24 knots is more like 40.5 feet per second? 800 feet per
          second is 545mph or 474 nautical miles and hour
          <26 knots would take 4 minutes to do 2 miles, so you may need
          to fix descriptions? <1 nautical mile is about 1.15 miles

          Knowing there is trouble of some sort, Raban will run back to
          the deck and try to get his bow and arrows since they should be
          the best weapon against another ship.

          [Alternate: If stored in a hard to reach place then may just
          plan for hand to hand.

          Alternate: Raban can take short cuts, like through walls or
          deck, but that has its own risks. If that is the best path to
          the bow it may be worth it.

          [If Bow and Arrows gotten, Raban will plan to try Multiarrow
          and try to shoot Seadragon if he thinks he can do so.

          <I expect Raban has his armor on since it is light.
          <I was going to mention flying as an option, but it could be
          difficult to get back to the ship? <Sure Raban can fly over and
          punch out the Dragons with his cape flapping in the breeze ;)

          <Question: Is WSB of bow used as Strength to determine number of
          dice on deadly hits? I always thought so but last reading made
          me wonder if that is so.
        GM: Ack. Yes I know.  A knot is 6076.115 feet per hour and so on.
            Its not nice to correct the god who never makes mistakes. I
            had it right but editors didn't.  Actually I was thinking of
            more strategic view not tactical.  Strategically with just the
            magic its about 88 feet per minute or 1.4 feet per second.  But
            I was looking at the wrong thing.  Since we are not in tactical
            level.  Ship is moving 24 with magic and winds adds 1-2 this
            day.  But let's ignore the wind since 24 is a easy figure.  So
            1200 feet per minute or 20 feet per second is still rather
            fast.  As to SB no its not added.  Unless it changed in v2?
            Magical damage enhanced might though.  I will sum up the math
            below with more details.

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea, being tossed by the boat's quick turning, shakes her head
          and looks around to see what is going on. Hearing something about
          a dragon, she quickly grabs her bow (the one not dedicated
          Elf-shot - because that is one she would be practicing with
          anyway) and as many arrows as she can.

          She will make sure she has her spy-glass on her and head up to
          the upper deck. (I am guessing that this will take her a few
          phases to do, unless her bow and arrows happen to be right near
          her)
        GM: Ack.

        From Kell: [Re: Actions]
          Kell sticks on his helmet, straps on his tulwar, grabs his
          shield and three spears and heads topside to see what in the
          blazes is going on. This is definitely not normal.

          Once topside, Kell will go wherever directed to defend the ship.
        GM: Ack.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          The ship can move 2 miles in 15 seconds?  How fast is this ship
          going??? (Assuming you meant 2 miles in 15 minutes) Ben'Dar will
          grab his bow and arrows and a fighting spear.  He will fire
          arrows at the dragons when they come into range.  When they
          close to melee distance, he'll attack with his spear.

          Sorry for lack of posting in recent weeks - alot of travel for
          work going on right now.
        GM: Ack. Not a problem on posting.  AS you see theres plenty to
            make up the slack. :) Not like the good old days huh? :)  I
            could recall days when I complained about no posts. :)