[pnpgm] Kiet's (public) actions

Schnockel dasandersx at comcast.net
Wed Jun 3 05:08:26 CEST 2009

Kiet is on the second deck helping one of the other sailors with a shipboard (pun intended) chore.  All of a sudden they hear the call of the lookout and the captain's commands, and feel the ship heel about.  They both look at each other wide-eyed, knowing our cap'n is no coward, and share some choice words not usually considered in good taste or suitable in the presence of ladies and children.  Then both Kiet and the sailor move...fast...because the Cap'n is bellowing orders and neither he nor the first mate have any love for slackers...besides...it seems to be in their best interests to move.

Kiet is dressed in work clothes, and has not more than one dagger on his person.  A quite unusual occurance, but normal aboard ship.  He wouldn't want to go overboard and have lots of metal weighing him down, no matter how well he can swim.

Out the hatch and dog it down tight, then the sailor goes off to his station, and Kiet moves forward, in the direction of the pointing lookout.  A Sea Dragon!  Kiet had thought those to only be myth and stories to scare new swabies.  But now not only one, but two bear down on the ship.  Kiet is in awe of the circumstance, and that there are not just one, but two!  According to the lookout they are black and grey...and this immediately starts the hair on Kiet's neck to rising.

Those interested see Kiet obviously casting a spell and speaking some quiet words.  The crew is busy so they do not listen, but very few of the passengers on board would understand the language spoken.

Once the spell is successfully cast, Kiet looks about for his companions and says in Katai, "These are Chaos creatures...no magic, but very strong.  They might or might not want to harm the ship, so we should not presume.  One of them might be able to smash this ship...Two of them WILL destroy it.  I never knew they really existed...I just thought they were fairy tales, pardon the expression Fremea."

"When they get closer I'm going to fly out to meet the one blocking our path to the south and offer him something to let us pass unhindered, unless one of you has a better idea.  Oh, and get Zhou up here...if things go bad, someone be kind enough to fly him safely to shore."