[pnpgm] Game Update #110b - File #621 - Party moves on..

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Fri Feb 6 10:18:39 CET 2009

 It takes Raban some time to work out all the details but it seems to
him some more outspoken people seem to be the greedy ones and not really
in need of more money. So perhaps just giving what share he had to the
group is not the best way. But meanwhile there were other things he
needed to answer.

  Seeking out Unali, Raban says to her "Unali, I have given it much
thought and you are right to a large extent. None of the ladies here
needed much protection as they are all capable of defending themselves
and more. Some, maybe all, could hurt me in a fight, though from what I
have seen none could easily say they would win, not even yourself. But
the odd magics you have make that a tough call and I could be far wrong.
I do not like to hurt others but it far too easy for me to do so. I
think it was possible for me to have killed any of the enemies we fought
in a single blow even the metal man and that is not from much magical
aid. But where I lacked is protection, I took more damage than any of
the others, maybe more than a few combined. And a little Armor would
have stopped much of that. I did not mind getting hurt as much of that
was to prevent or minimize the damage to others. Even as well protected
and as skilled as you are, or even the other ladies, you would not have
wanted to be surrounded by so many opponents. In that I made a large
difference and in a few other cases. So I feel I did do what I came for
and even such formidable ladies as this group has can use some
protection... But I could have done better than I did. And if I need to
be in more battles like this one, then I will need to risk having better
armor or weapons. I just hope I do not become the monster it makes me
feel like to do that. So many see me as such a monster as it is, I would
hate to prove them right..."
  "And I thank you for your concern about my safety, its an odd feeling
having someone think they need to protect me. And I suppose if getting
hurt is any indication, I needed some protection. Though I feel much of
that was my Goddess reminding me of my failings, she also would prefer I
do not fail in my duties. I assure you I can do far better than I have
shown so far. I made a few poor decisions because I did not know what
everyone could do or where they needed the help. Now I have a little
better idea of that. But if your opponent gets lucky, then only the
armor makes the biggest difference. I took many small wounds that could
have been avoided, and that is something that can be fixed by better
armor. I think I need to speak with Z'leyra about that. Thank you for
helping teach me that not all women are helpless but like anyone else
they may still need protecting. I think I will do better protecting some
of the men too at need. Working with so many people requires broader
thinking than I usually allow myself. And that may be why my Goddess
guided me here, to broaden my views and learn something new. From now on
I will be protecting friends and maybe they will do the same for me when
needed."

  Eventually Raban gets a chance to talk with Z'leyra.
  "Z'leyra, it has taken me much labored thought and advice from others
to decide I must risk having heavier armor. You had mentioned the
possibility of making me some, and it would seem I need such help. Since
the group seems intent on giving me such a large amount from the things
found, I can give all that to you to offset the costs involved."
  "Something I have been working on myself has been making a stronger
bow, but so far my skill is not up to the task. I may not be able to
make such a bow from wood and I do not work with metals much. The only
weapons I use much are my bow and fist. I am an expert in both of those
and see little reason to use anything else. So those are another area I
should seek magical improvements on if its possible. Are these things
you have time to help me with?"

<Raban can be long winded, it helps clarify things to himself to think
out loud at times. That should be enough fluff for this update?>