[pnpgm] Game Update #110b - File #621 - Party moves on..

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Feb 6 06:24:04 CET 2009

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #110b in sequence (file #621)

        [None - Last update]

        [Ma 2nd, 1633TH. 5th Day of Adventure #4.
        [Location: Chaos domain, Dark Lands, 2 Miles up, Flying Island]

        [Time: 2:00pm]

        [Before heading down Arawn finds the Seker and Fremea one last
         time.  A short thought conversation is held where Arawn asks a few
         more questions and get some answers.  Then he speaks out loud.]

        Arawn: "Take care, Fremea. We'll be waiting for you."
          "M'sahk," [he said, turning to the Seker,] "I hope all will be
          well with  you. Give my regards to the Master of the Astral
          Winds."

        Seker: "It has been a long time since I've been away.  But once
          I get things back to normal..whatever that was...I will send
          your regards.  Clearly the Anwora felt revenge was worthy but
          we will decide if more civilized means will be taken."

        [Arawn nods and smiles.  He knows that Sekers are throne hunters.
         They have been known to usurp even god's plans by finding that
         one secret out or finding the rightful ruler for this place
         or that land.  Some even consider them the power behind the
         gods and supernatural forces.  Always looking for balance in
         the realms.  Arawn leaves Fremea and takes one of the last
         slab rides down below.]

                        ------------------------------

        [Time: 2:10-3:10pm]

        [By now Sven has organized the group into a effective and efficient
         work force.  using the strength of Raban, Ben'dar and Unali and
         the coordination of the others to load the wagon as fast and as
         efficiently as possible.  Now that the Ipanza barbarians can
         understand Sven they work harder and with more confidence.  The
         prisoners are secured at the front of the wagon still tied up
         and cramped among boxes and crates making escape difficult.]

        [During a break Sven goes over what he told Z'leyra earlier while
         she is flying up for another load.  Ben'dar grunts as he combs
         down and checks Tef'wo over.  The attack seems too convenient.
         How could they find them in a domain that could be 20 odd miles
         in size.  Sven explains magic can help and finding the site under
         the mysterious non-moving cloud is a big clue as well.  Ben'dar
         turns and asks Sven about the attack.]

        Ben'dar: "How do we know that the High Elder didn't stage this
          ambush?  Perhaps all he wanted from this whole thing was the
          magic ring the woman wore?  Why didn't his familiar stick
          around to help Sven in the fight?"  [Ben'Dar is clearly upset and
          seems to renew his determination to punch out the High Elder as
          soon as he sees the man again.]  "Maybe we shouldn't return to
          the High Elder?  We have done his dirty work.  We've fought
          many battles and we have seized our prize.  Let's leave this
          land!"

        [Sven frowns briefly and then booms out in laughter.]

        Sven: "First the familiar knows the things the Elder has.  It
          is part of his ability to track them.  If that item was here
          and he was here then the ring was stolen.  Clearly she had it
          thus she stole it.  The familiar was sent to find it and he
          got it back at the usual price for thieves who cross the Elder
          which is why few try it.  I doubt the Elder would be behind
          this at all.  Trust me if he wanted us killed he could have
          long time ago.  The familiar was sent on one task to get
          the stolen ring not to help me." [Sven walks over to a pile
          of the dead guards he and Z'leyra killed.  He pulls the
          sleeve of two of them up and reveals a tiny tattoo.  He
          then points it out.] "These are the brands for Itom's domain.
          Each domain has some form of uniform or mark or something
          like it.  It is a old custom to prevent conflicts and
          is a well established rule. These guards clearly came from
          Itom's estate.  My question though is why wasn't Itom her
          personally?  Why send her unskilled apprentice to take the
          castle or make some deal? It could be Itom didn't know the
          castle existed and the apprentice stumbled on it or found
          it through other means.  We may never know."

9999

        [Ben'dar who seemed to get to know, and even like, Sven doesn't
         know if Sven is just defending a friend or blinded by that
         friendship.]

        [Arawn listens to the tale Sven gives of the attack and the
         Ring.  He sighs and kneels down to the half naked woman still
         in the white robe.  Arawn seems unfazed by her lack of
         clothes or her appearance.  To him it seems most humans are
         all the same.  Brows furrowed he places a hand on her forehead
         and speaks a soft prayer.  He then plucks a few hairs from
         her head knowing that the Glyph's request only pertained to
         those on the island.]

        Arawn: "I hope you are right, Sven. The ring was important to
           A'kril's plans somehow, though others thought that which was to
           be traded was greater still. Still, I am concerned as to the
           ring's actual whereabouts in case it wasn't your master's
           familiar behind all of this... "And to whom it truly belonged,"

        Sven: "The Elder is not my personal master but only my master
          and lord of these lands.  He holds the bond that would
          cause civil war and strife in other lands together.  It is
          not hard to keep chaos and law mages in harmony.  I do not
          know the purpose of the ring but it sounds like you know more
          than I do on this trade you speak about.  The familiar may
          be well out there now.  He is almost a shadow beast with
          no or little true form.  that ability allows him to move
          fast and he could be very well back at the Citadel by now."

        [During lull periods some of the special items are sorted and
         placed gently separate from the main treasure.  Arawn has
         looked at the Elven plate a few times in the last hour or so
         and finds it fascinating but is unclear of its history or why
         an Elf would have made such a thing.  The group talks about
         party treasure shares and how to divide it up.  Claims are
         made and items are sorted.  Some clearly feel the Elven Plate
         Arawn has been looking at is worth a king's fortune.  Soon the
         talk breaks down on should Arawn get the plate or not.]

        Kiet: "I do not mind Arawn keeping the strange armor.  It seems to
          make some sense that he have it (obviously it is no use to me at
          5'-6!). I simply ask that he compensate us all for the potential
          richness of the item because it may have so much more value than
          all else we have obtained.  I am but a poor and humble servant,
          yet in this group I would hope that equality in shares be
          observed, especially as I have contributed in no small way and
          nearly sacrificed everything."..."And, yes, I am aware I am not
          the only one."

          "I am uncertain, however, what Arawn might offer to offset such
          a potentially massive treasure.  I certainly would entertain any
          suggestions or ideas on such."

        [Raban listens to Kiet worry over how much he can get out of this
         mission and decides to speak up.  Some it seems to be here to help
         while others are for money.]

        Raban: "I came simply to protect the lovely ladies and I am glad I
          did because I am sure my help kept them alive. I would like to
          try the Seker's collar but otherwise I am not concerned with
          being paid for my help. Frankly, there is little I can use due
          to my size anyway. That is why I make most my own things. My only
          other need is heavier armor if I am going to run into more
          battles like this one, my leathers were just for protection from
          travel mishaps. So if I am getting anything else, it can be
          given to whoever needs it. I have little use for money, as it
          just pays for my Bar Tabs, Entertainment, Gifts and to help
          anyone I find who needs it. I have always been able to make
          whatever money I needed, whenever I needed it. I just entertain
          wealthier people for a little while and they give me a few gold
          pieces or handfuls of silver. Since I entertain somewhere nearly
          every day, I always have plenty to spend...And Kiet, I am sorry
          I did not offer you a defensive blessing when you really needed
          it. I think it would have prevented your serious injury had I
          done so. I suspect that is why I was so badly injured, my
          goddess was reminding me of my failures. I offered only to the
          Ladies when everyone helps protect everyone else so everyone
          should be protected in turn."

        [Kiet glances up to wonder where Z'leyra is now.  She saved him
         from certain death and maybe the blessing might've helped or
         maybe not.  One of those decisions one may never know.  But
         Kiet replies back to Raban.]

        Kiet: "The taking of a blessing from the practitioner of a god (or
           gods) not  one's own might not put him in good stead with his
           own God(s)."

        [Arawn listens to the talk about the Elven plate.  Clearly such
         a armor is rare in this world and in his.  Most kings don't
         even wear plate but chainmail at most.  Humans have a desire
         to wear heavy protective armor but the Elves believe innately
         their connection to the gods protect them.  This is why most
         wear light armor.  It is clear to Arawn soon that most seem
         to accept he should get the armor but some feel it is unfair
         and offset balance of treasure for one being.]

        Arawn: "As an Alfar and druid of the sidh I see the armor as a
          racial relic of our past, something unknown and unheard of, and
          my interest in it is for that and not out of greed. The creations
          of the Sidh are often coveted by humans and I can only guess as
          to the value some might place upon it in mortal society and I
          can only hope that you can see it as more than just a cash prize
          and as something important to my kind, as I would of any relic
          sacred to a people such as the Z'enda, Katai, or Vassa.

          It's potential defensive properties are not unknown to me and, I
          admit, being limited in what I may wear amongst the craftings of
          men, that it would prove useful in keeping me alive, and thus
          aiding me in assisting to keep others alive, in future adventures.
          As to shares, I can live on the charity of the good and by my own
          skills and would relinquish what gold will be had. Though a few
          coins of silver to purchase some few goods for survival would be
          appreciated but can be down without as the group desires."

        [Chion perks up at these talks of treasure and replies to Arawn.]

        Chion: "This is the problem. While it is a racial relic for you, it
          is also a racial relic for humans as well. After all, it is a
          human who brought you to the place it could be retrieved. It was
          humans who brought the flying castle to the Dark Lands. It was
          us in the mortal world who helped. We have the additional problem
          at this time of not knowing its properties. What if it  changes
          your disposition to match the previous owners? Do we accept that?
          Do we slay you next?"

9999
          Chion smiles and rubs his
          ring, "You see, ancient, unknown artifacts are just that.
          Survivors of ages past. Some, or even most, have spirits trapped
          within." He glances at his staff in slight annoyance, the smile
          disappearing for a second. "I don't think that anyone here wishes
          you ill. Nor do we want you to be unarmored in upcoming battles.
          We do hope that you appreciate the effort we have put into helping
          obtain this invaluable relic. And pray you can see that it is as
          valuable an object in interest to humans as it is to Alfar.
          Perhaps more so, since it is in the mortal realm when perhaps it
          should not be. I would say we should examine it further before
          its use and determination of value. Perhaps it shouldn't be used
          at all. Perhaps fates have given it to you." Chion smiles at
          Arawn, checking to see if he is annoyed yet at the way he is
          talking. "I know we can come to some sort of agreement. It is
          just a matter of whether we split it into ten pieces for study,
          or let you wear it until monsters beat it to pieces off you."

        [Caladan leaning on his staff smiles and nods.  He stands tall
         and then approaches.]

        Caladan: "Arawn is correct and speaks like a true Druid.  This
          place is clearly a historical important item.  It may hold
          clues to a past none of us could dream about.  I spent a good
          deal of time with Jordi.  For those new to the group he was
          a son of a Elf king.  Unlike Arawn who is a son of a god.  It
          seems our luck with Elf royalty is good.  Jordi would declare
          this armor as a symbol rather than a personal item.  In
          most cultures Arawn could wear it and walk down a street.
          He might get stares and curious looks but only a few areas
          like the Wild Forest might he truly be in awe by those who
          see him.  For all we know the Elf wearing this made this
          item himself and it is one of a kind.  If so who would
          buy such a thing?  It should be carefully researched and
          studied over time.  Kaylle and others could help with that
          later on.  Selling it would only add coins to our pockets.
          But keeping it for our Alfar friend would give knowledge
          beyond any amount of coins one could pay."

        [As the party finishes up final packing, Raban sits on the
         forest floor feeling his neck wound and drinking some water.
         Unali also a bit tired from the day's events and hauling
         material this way and back approaches.  She grabs her own
         water skin and sits directly behind Raban with her back to
         his.  Raban perks up at this sudden show of trust.  Unali
         drinks her water and remains quiet for a few moments as she
         glances at the others working to place final things on horses
         and the wagon.  She recalls a conversation that occurred what
         seems like hours ago about Raban needing to protect the
         women and how Ben'dar commented on it.  She speaks lightly.]

        Unali: "Ben'dar is right you know. Each of the girls could
          probably harm you. But I think we all three want to keep you
          safe. I cannot watch you all the time though and would hate to
          see you get hurt again. Please get some armor on you pretty
          soon, as that big back of yours is pretty hard to miss."

        [Unali glances over her shoulder and winks and then backs up
         against Raban's back in a gentle shove.]

                                -----------------

        [Time: 3:41 pm]

        [After three hours of looting the castle of its treasures the
         party below is ready to leave.  With Sven's warning double
         sentries are placed.  The captured wagon itself  Corona says
         he'll fly above the forest for the most part to gather
         quicker patrol spheres around the party.  As Darkness falls
         Arawn and Z'leyra can lead the party with their night vision.
         Eventually torches must be lit for those without night vision
         for simple maneuvering.  With no moon out this night Z'leyra
         leads the group with her helmet magical vision on the flying
         slab.  Caladan takes the helmet and flies it with some practice
         and help from Z'leyra.  This frees Z'leya's concentration to
         view the area well ahead of the party.  Arawn takes the rear
         and with his vision can back track if problems.  The folks
         still in good shape - Ben'dar, Sven, Chion and Unali are the
         main sentries for the wagon itself.  Sven figures the party
         have a good 3 hours of travel before sunrise.  Then after
         that it will be a long night of night travel.  Chion could
         teleport the group but it would take 2-3 jumps with everything
         and the amount of material.  Plus the party needs to meet up
         with Fremea at the camp in the Balance Domain from the previous
         night.  The odd thing is Fremea will beat the party to the
         camp before they get there.  So in fact she'll be waiting
         for the party.]

        [Time: 5:23 pm]

        [As the light dims in the forest the party rests the horses
         for a few minutes and a new formation is made for safety
         and quick moving.  Up to this point no attack has come so
         Sven is hopeful they aren't being chased.  During the last
         hour Ben'dar has noticed Raban and Unali exchange those
         odd glances again.  Unali frowns or sighs and Raban smirks
         like Chion does when he has a plan.  Ben'dar still can't
         figure out what the private joke is.]

        [Combing down Tef'wo Ben'dar notices Unali approach.  With hand
         on one dagger and the other at her side she seems quite
         nervous and hesitant.  Then she crosses her arms across her
         chest, a gesture she rarely does.]

        Unali: "That was no way to treat a lady, especially in the middle
          of a fight. You men have no style. Barbarians, all of you. No,
          don't try to claim it was a little deamon that made you do it
          all next time, because I would be tempted to cut the deamon
          out of you right then and there."

        [As she speaks she waves up to the missing castle to show it
         was an event up there.  As she gives her warning she taps her
         hand on her dagger and lifts her chin in confidence.  Confused
         Ben'dar does a double take and drops the cloth to wipe down
         Tef'wo.  Ben'dar glances over the tall horse and looks to the
         others for some clue.  Raban glances over and smirks then pretends
         to busy himself with something.  Ben'dar glances back over at
         Unali with a look of surprise.  What could he have done? Did
         he touch her?  Did he hurt her?  The seeker implied the Imp was
         in him and could it have made him do something?  He felt warm
         and a bit aroused when the Imp fled him.  He felt warm and his
         lips were a bit moist but that must've been sweat and the damp
         cave right?  Unless.  He did something like kissed her?  Sudden
         realization and process of elimination makes him reach this
         conclusion.  But what else did he do?  Wasn't she on the floor?
         Ben'dar's stomach drops and his face flushes.]

        Sven: "Let's move on."

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Monday...

        GM: Enough for now.  Big updates for you guys to go through.
            I did it over a couple days so hope it makes sense.  Next
            update I'll continue with the border crossing and any
            attacks if they come (haven't rolled all the dice yet).

        GM: Fremea - Expect email this weekend.  I still need to sit and
            type that up.  So will be private email and we'll see the
            results of the teleports.  Who knows could fail a teleport
            and find yourself treading water. :)

        GM: Arawn - You were to do something with the visitor? I forgot.
            Remind me.  Thanks.