[pnpgm] Game Update #93 - File #503 - Locked room explored

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Tue Dec 2 08:26:44 CET 2008

<looks like people don't want any blessings. A few days of boost can be
quite useful? Oh well, its their decision. If anyone changes their mind,
be sure to post it before we run into more troubles.>

Raban is a bit upset over the door trap. His new friends seem quite
skilled but they have no means to counter such things? If that means the
magic is too strong then the Angelica may not be enough protection for
anyone, though it will always make them more resistant to magic. Going
through the walls could work at need, but surely these mages thought of
that too and did something nasty for anyone trying it. So they need to
out wit mages they have never met and do something not thought of.
Perhaps muscles can win as few would expect a giant to rip a door off?
Or would they, as such could be summoned by magic... And why did the
young mage kill himself like that, did he not know there are ways to
heal any damage? At least I am sure I was told such is possible though
rare. His sacrifice may have saved us as he intended, but we will never
know if it was indeed needed. May his gods welcome him for his noble
sacrifice for others he barely knew. Raban's body followed the others as
he carried the body effortlessly, his mind busy trying to understand the
recent events. Do his friends risk so much for treasure of for
knowledge? Its seems a mixed lot. Raban has never worried much about
treasure, it is simple to earn whatever he needs and most his wealth is
spent entertaining ladies or helping the needy. But does he need
something protective and of extreme value to survive such missions? Just
how do you determine how much you should spend on such things when that
wealth could aid so many people? Armor like he has seen here could feed
a village for years... His heart does not give him a clear answer,
sometimes it must be worth the cost.

<Had to write something. Raban's actions have been fine so far. He will
follow others leads until they place someone at risk where Raban thinks
he can help. Raban does not know how to detect magic traps but could
spot mechanical ones in some cases or other hidden things.>