[pnpgm] Game update #108 - File #399 - Caladan wakes up from Death

Chris & Karen Wells ckwells at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 16:27:05 CEST 2006

Ben'Dar simply nods in acceptance of Chion's admission regarding the spell.
He does not know much about magic, but does understand that there is risk
involved in warfare, and accidents sometimes happen.

Regarding the claw, Ben'Dar seems troubled by talk of destroying it and
seems even more troubled at Durge's suggestion that it will be used by
Caladan's tribe to make them the dominant Z'enda tribe on the plains.  He
makes no move to hand it over.  He says bluntly, "No one will destroy the
claw until we know more about it.  We don't even know what it can do or
where its power comes from yet!"

Ben'Dar just wants the scimitar, no other weapons needed.

Ben'Dar is ready to go to the castle now.  But he's in no rush and is
willing to wait until the wizards are ready to leave.  If the party does
spend a few days resting, Ben'Dar will find one of the warriors with whom he
raced during the tests (maybe not the one he punched out though...) and see
it he can start training in learning how to use the scimitar.  He's
especially interested in learning to fight with the scimitar from horseback.

Ben'Dar does go over to the prisoners.  He approaches them and crouches down
to put his face near to theirs.  He says in a low voice, "This tribe is not
my tribe.  But I am Zen'Da like they are.  I know what horrors await you
this night.  I think you know it too.  Yes, they have been rough with you...
but they are just getting started.  I also have questions for you.  And you
will tell me what I want to know.  If you do, I will give you a clean
death.  It will save you much pain.  I will do this for you but you must
give me information and it must be true.  Or else I will use methods of
torture that these people know nothing of."  He smiles cruelly and adds,
"You see, my people are much more skilled in the art of torture and we are
not nearly as squeamish as these people."  As he says this, he casually
pulls his dagger from his boot and begins cleaning his fingernails with it.
After several minutes, he says to the prisoners in a low voice that only
they can hear, "Now...which one of you knows about this?" He pulls the claw
out of his pouch and holds it so that only they can see it.

If they will not talk, Ben'Dar will start removing fingernails and toenails
with his dagger until he gets the answers he wants.  If that doesn't work,
he'll heat up his dagger in the fire and start poking out eyes, cutting off
noses, etc.  Yes, pretty barbaric, isn't it!  :-)

He has the following questions for them:

1) How does the claw work?
2) What power is in the claw?
3) Is there a spirit or essence in the claw?
4) Is the claw sentient?  Does it have a will of its own?
5) Where did the claw come from?  (in otherwords, how did it originate)
6) What is the range of the claw's power?  What is its extent? (how many
animals and of what types can it control)
7) How can one use the claw and be safe in doing so?

If he gets information to the questions, he'll honor his promise...but I'll
play that one by ear depending on the results of the interrogation.  :-)