[pnpgm] Jordi's uncompleted test/s

SERGI SALLENT igresigres at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 10:07:57 CEST 2005

         Hello:

         Sorry for the late reply, but the last days I
had some minor problems and a lack of time.  Thank you
for waiting for me.

         (OOC: Keep in mind that Jordi doesn't know a
word about the other tests people have taken, their
results, their outcome, the wounds they have sustained
or the general behaviour of the tribe; he only knows
Cetric poisoned the party, after offering hospitaly to
the party; and he knows nobody in the tribe did
nothing to avoid it.  So, his opinion of the tribe is
not a good one, to say the least.)

         Jordi listens with attention Cetric's words,
and Caladan replies.  He feels he has just completed
the first -and easiest- part of the test; now comes
the second one; and he thinks it will be the most
challenging; and perhaps death awaits him if he fails;
plus, as this is an affair related with knowledge of
local customs and affairs, Jordi is severely
handicaped.   However, this is what he has been
trained for.

         Jordi begins to talk, in a voice loud enough
so the rest of the tribe can hear him.

         "First of all, Cetric and Caladan, greetings
from Enoz.
          To continue, Cetric, this haven't been a
test.  Because there must be a chance for the person
doing the test to do it if it's a test; if there isn't
a chance, then, it's not a test, it's something doomed
to failure.  I don't know how to call it.
          As you know, because you're a learned man,
the spirits teach you, we elves are monogamous.  And
you know very well that I'm married, because Ben'dar
explained our adventures in the party, and spoke about
Neva, my wife, and how he helped Caladan and the
others to rescue me.  I remember very well that you
spent all the party time listening.
          (OOC: Ben'dar explained our adventures in
the great feast that the tribe threw to receive us, so
for sure Neva was mentioned, as Jordi's wedding
-people mentions weddings in which a King attends, I
imagine.)
          So, as Caladan introduced me as a diplomat,
you knew full well when you proposed your "trade"
test that I was going to be elected by Caladan.  And
you knew very well the end result:  as we came here in
peace to help you, and Enoz is a wise man, I was going
to succeed, because you also know that, as I don't
know your customs or laws, I will be tricked,
believing I was going to buy an exquisite eagle, when
in fact I was getting a wife; and Enoz doesn't know
I'm married, so he won't object.
          Congratulations, Cetric; I'm unable to
complete your assignement -because it wasn't a test,
as I explained earlier, I didn't have a chance to
complete it-; you have dishonored and hurted your
family -because I imagine that the end result will
bring dishonour and pain to your family- and now, I
will leave this lands; but, be warned:  every evil
action has its own reward.  The pity is that you won't
pay the cost alone."

          Jordi won't say the rest that he's thinking:
that, except for Caladan, the rest of the tribe
deserves everything fate throws at them.  People who
allow themselves to be ruled by such a monster deserve
it.

          Jordi will turn to face Jolcz.  There is
pity in his face and in his words.  He is hurting
people he likes:

          "I'm sorry to hurt you and your family, it
wasn't my intention; but I love my wife, and I can't
marry you.  I'm sorry for you and for your family.   I
now realize why your family doesn't live with the
tribe."

          After that, Jordi will speak with Caladan:

          (In Marentian, and in a whisper):

          "I will camp one mile away, in the river
direction.  We can meet there, with the rest, and
decide what to do."

          As Jordi carried all his equipment, he will
left the tribe after that, going to the meeting point.

(OOC: I hope this is worth the delay...)

                              Jordi/Sergi