[pnpgm] Game Update #2a - File #10 - Replies and Comments from others

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Tue Mar 15 05:38:43 CET 2005

     Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
     Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Chris Wells           Ben'dar           Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
     Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
     Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
     Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Wizard  Normal/Elf    Ma
     Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
     Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
     Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
     Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
     Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
     Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #2a in sequence (file #10)

     Admin notes: Due to amount of replies I've divided up the
     update again.  This one is for just the replies and any
     comments I may have.  Everything here has already been seen
     by you guys so you can skim it or ignore it unless you care
     to see any comments I may have.  Next post is the update.

    From Chion: [Re: Joining party]
       Chion will chime in towards the end of the consensus: "Well, a
       very wise man recently told me that I ought to be careful in my
       use of magic. Perhaps a balance can be found by first learning
       how to use a schythe and pitchfork. I would be exuberant to help
       bring in the crop. I have never farmed before, being from a
       woodland area... although not many elves... but I digress. If
       we happen to resolve any "issues" your family might have with
       disreputable persons that would just be a bumper crop, now
       wouldn't it?"
    GM: Ack

    Caladan: "The Zen'da aren't farmers entirely.  In fact most
      are nomads.  Some will do short term farming for a quick
      crop but that's it.  I doubt we'll be doing any farming
      but I feel theres more involved than a simple crop loss."

    From Z'leyra: [Re: Joining the party]
      Z'leyra offers to join the adventure and invites everyone to
      room at her manor for the night. "Both I and the eagle are tired
      of being in town and this sounds like an excellent excuse to go
      into the country again." "Is everyone going to have horses?"
      "If as a group we will be mounted, I will join those without
      horses to purchase a horse in the morning."
    GM: I'll figure out the horse situation in the update.

    Xian: "I should get to my place and gather some stuff.  But
      I can do that at dawn.  So I'll go to see this mansion of
      yours and then wake up early to get my stuff.  I'll return
      before breakfast time."
    Caladan: "Same here.  I need to get to the barracks tonight
      and Captain Jarik know I'll be going away for awhile so
      he can fill in.  My weapons are all there as well.  So
      I'll join everyone tomorrow."

    [Balrog, Caladan, Kasha, Thig, Trembyl, Z'leyra, Damon, Xian,
     and Farseeker will stay in Z'leyra's manor tonight.   If I
     don't hear otherwise I'll assume the following stay as well
     Ben'dar, Chion, Jordi and Unali.  The decision is not a big
     one so assumption is ok here.]

    From Ben'dar:

     Ben'Dar's comments to Jordi:
       Nothing new:  (Per my earlier message...the horse gift) Oops,
       I forgot that Jordi had a wedding in Marentia before he left.
       Well, I guess Ben'Dar will still give him the horse gift now,
       since he didn't have a horse to give earlier!  Maybe the gift
       will cheer him up from being away from Neva.

     Ben'Dar's comments to Balrog:
       "Hello Balrog.  Yes, the ranch....I've been working on little
       else for the past several months, and I'd be glad to show it
       to you.  It's still a work in process though."  Smiling,
       Ben'Dar continues, "I am still learning as I go, and only have
       about 15 very young horses to train now.  Though I hope to
       eventually increase that to around 100." "I knew you liked
       horses, but I didn't know you'd be interested in seeing the
       ranch.  I'd be happy to have you come out!  Are you interested
       in working with the horses at some point?  I can always use a
       hand in training and working the horses...."
     Balrog: "One hundred horses!  Wow!  I grew up among horses but
       got...astray later in life.  It sounds like we'll be
       stopping at your place going up north so I can see it then.
       As to training I'm not that skilled as probably your staff
       but i could visit once we get back."

     Ben'Dar comments to Z'leyra:
       With a small bow, showing respect, Ben'Dar greets Z'leyra,
       "Hello again Z'leyra.  It is good to see you again, my friend.
       I trust the past few months have been productive with your
       work here at the school of healing?" (If Z'leyra mentions it,
       or if Ben'Dar is already aware of it......upon hearing of the
       attacks and attempts to thwart/intimidate by the stranger who
       attacked her, Ben'Dar grows red in the face.  It is clear he
       is furious. "We will hunt down those fiends!  Do you know who
       is behind it?!")
     GM: If in this conversation Z'leyra mentions Jinn then Jordi's
       ears would perk up per his encounters as well in Marentia.

     Ben'Dar comments to Caladan:
       "I am eager to return to the plains of the Zen'Da!  It has
       been too long since I have seen our homeland, my brother.  Of
       course I will ride with you on this quest!"
     Caladan: "Thank you.  Maybe we'll even have time to visit your
       tribe."

     Ben'Dar comments to others in the party:
       Ben'Dar just generally chats amiably about the events on his
       horse ranch over the past 3 months, and inquires of others
       about their activities.  He probably has a few drinks too
       many during the evening and gets a little loud and rowdy
       toward the end, as he is wont to do.... he may even challenge
       Farseeker to an arm-wrestling contest if e gets drunk enough!
     [Farseeker is eager to arm wrestle.  But by this time he has
      drunk a few ales down more than Ben'dar so is not 100%
      sober.  A section of table is cleared and both men get in
      position.  Muscle size Ben'dar realizes Farseeker has muscle
      mass almost twice that of his own.  Ben'dar is taller by
      5 inches than Farseeker but both tower over 6 feet.  Weight
      wise both men are equal in that area with only a few pounds
      difference.  Quietly and quickly bets are placed between
      Balrog, Trembyl, Xian, Thig and Kasha.  Ben'dar realizes too
      late that Farseeker's agility will help here.  He saw Farseeker
      at work on Clima and hes fast so he'll move his arm before
      Ben'dar likely.  Ben'dare prepares for this by locking his
      arms in place.

      Round 1 goes to Farseeker quickly.  Farseeker decides its
      ok for 2 out o 3.  Round two both men are locked in a strength
      hold that lasts seconds until Farseeker slowly gains some
      ground.   But in a last ditch effort Ben'dar regains his arm
      force and nudges past halfway.  In one adrenline rush Ben'dar
      pushes down his might and wins round 2 to the muffled cries
      of Balrog and Thig.  After a minute round 3 begins but
      unfournately Farseeker quickly wins that round with little
      effort.  Farseeker slaps Ben'dar on the back and laughs that
      it was fun.  Maybe they can one day do a real man's sport
      like full body wrestling!  Then the winners and losers of
      the bets are paid out.]

     From Z'leyra: [Re: Replies to Ben'dar]
       Z'leyra responds to Ben'Dar by saying "Good to see you! I've
       enchanted your Storm Dragon hide armor. It is waiting for you
       at the manor. If you don't get it too scratched up I should
       be able to improve it slightly in a week or two. It should
       help keep you alive. It is already better than plate armor.
       You will want to have a good metal helm to go with it."

       "I made a Storm Dragon hide helm out of the hide I took. But
       that one is for myself. I didn't have time to make one for
       you. I made a some belts and a couple moneybelts to enchant
       for my friends. But I have not yet finished ensorceling the
       protections into these. I hope soon I shall be able to gift
       each of my old comrades in adventure a belt or moneybelt that
       provides some mystic protection from magical attacks."

       [Z'leyra does not, as yet, mention anything about the threat
       against her. If asked about the School of Healing Arts she
       will mention healing folks and meeting healers. She has not
       yet gotten enough money to establish the school.]
     GM: I already gave Ben'dar the armor and its info.  Didn't know
       you were holding it.  But doesn't matter.  School was asked
       by a couple people previously.

     From Jordi: [Re: Joining party and other things]
       Jordi is quite happy to meet again his friends. He has
       returned to Marentia alone, without Neva, and he has arrived
       to the capital from the northern road. "Neva is in the Forest,
       and she sends her best wishes for everybody.  She is quite busy
       taking care of our house.  She is very happy, and I think she
       will start learning a profession. Sava returned home with her...
       family? and she is okey."

     GM: [Everyone listens but gets a undertone of some regret in
       his voice about Neva.]
     GM: Your not in Maren city but Sivas.  The party will end up
       in Maren however the next day likely.

     Jordi to To Ben'dar):
       "Hello, friend.  What about your bussiness? Do you know I was
       quite unhappy when I thought about you? I was traveling near
       Donara, a land famous for its horses, and I was unable to
       enter Donara and buy a nice stallion for you."
     (Later, when Ben'dar shows Jordi his present):
       "But, Ben'dar!!! It's wonderful!!! I am sure Neva will love
       it!!! (OOC: yes, I know Ben'dar's present is for Jordi AND
       Neva... but Jordi thinks it will be for Neva).  Jordi plays
       for some minutes with the horse, gives an apple to Velox (he
       likes the name, and he won't change it), and then returns to
       the inn with Ben'dar.
       (OOC: Jordi and Neva married twice: once in Marentia and once
       in the Wild Forest, so Ben'dar was in the first wedding).
     GM: The horse will take as Ben'dar says a long time to train.

     Jordi to All:
       "Thank you for your wedding presents, my friends; we love
       each one of them."

       Jordi seems quite depressed when he hears the bad news about
       the death of Triest. "Were the criminals hanged?"
     Xian: "Yes.  They were caught and the justice was done."

     Jordi to Z'leyra -
       After recovering from the impression, he chats a little bit
       with everybody; he's eager for news about the wereabouts of
       the party. "Z'leyra, I don't need a lot of money, so I think
       Neva and I can give you some of our cash after we settle.  We
       don't need a lot of cash.  However, I'm quite surprised that
       you haven't found the needed cash.  Your project is fine, from
       every point of view..."

     Jordi to Damon -
       "Damon, I have learned how to magically help a ship to move
       quicker, in the same way as Sava did.  If I have to stay here
       waiting for other bussiness, I can embark with you, and you can
       teach me some tricks while I help your ship with my magic..."
     Damon: "We can arrange that someday.  We won't be taking the ship
       obviously to the plains so it may be awhile before we can
       get on the ship."

     Jordi to Farseeker -
       "Farseeker, when you have the time, I'm interested in learning
       some techniques about how human armies fight... but, don't
       worry, it can wait..."
     Farseeker: "Certainly.  Tactics of most nations depend on their
       leaders and the actual country.  Barbarian and civilized
       nations also differ..but - "
     Xian: "Far!"  [Turning to jordi] "See what you've done now?  He'll
       talk for HOURS on this stuff." [he grins] "Theres plenty of
       time for you to talk about this on the trip to the plains."

     Jordi to Xian -
       "Xian, how are you?"
     Xian: "Good.  It was hard initially coming home but since then
       I've helped some local orphans and stayed busy."

     Jordi to Kavor [Tavern owner] -
       "Kavor, when I return home, I will explain to the elven merchants
       how wonderful is your inn and the fair prices you charge."
     [Kavor looks confused then stammers in his answer.]
     Kavor: "Sorry sir but there are no elven merchants in this
       district.  As a matter of fact I think there may only
       be one in the entire city."

     Jordi to Caladan -
       (Later, when Caladan explain his problem).
       "Well, Caladan, it seems that you need a little help from your
       friends... I have some bussines here, but none of them can't
       be delayed a little bit. So, I think you will have a nice party
       to help you."
     Caladan: "Yes.  Friends and comrades.." [His answer distracted]

     Jordi to Ben'dar -
       "Ben'dar, will you please help me to elect and buy a horse? I
       don't wish to risk Velox, and I will need a horse to go to
       Caladan lands... in fact, everyone will need a horse..."
     GM: Those detailed handled in update next post.

     Jordi to Caladan -
       "Caladan, you seem quite depressed.  If you don't mind, I will
       sleep with you in your cabin in the woods... staying alone is
       not a good idea when problems are near."  (OOC: Jordi will buy
       a candy or something similar for Caladan firesnake.)
     Caladan: "Not depressed.  Just distracted and worried.  My father
       is a strong person and not to handle some of the most common
       issues worries me further.  I havne't been home in some time
       so things may have changed."

     Jordi -
       "If you don't mind, I will pay a visit to Duke Aren tomorrow
       morning, and after buying the horse, I will be ready to go."
     GM: Will have to be next day likely or the next.

     From Ben'dar: [Re: Replies]
       I emailed some actions/comments yesterday, but couldn't get on
       my home email so I sent them from work email to Scott.  It's
       great that we can go back and see all our postings on the
       website.  Thanks for posting, Scott.  (<http://users.cybermax.
net/~longshot/pbem/5.txt>http://users.cybermax.
<http://users.cybermax. net/~longshot/pbem/5.txt>
net/~longshot/pbem/5.txt)
     GM: No problem!  Helps me as much as helps you guys :)

     To Z'leyra:  In response to the comment regarding the Storm Dragon
       armor, Ben'Dar lets out a loud whoop of excitement.  "Thank you
       Z'leyra!  I'm very excited to see the excellent work you've done
       on the dragon hide.  I've been looking forward to it for several
       months now." Ben'Dar buys Z'leyra a drink, the best he can afford,
       and toasts to her honor to the whole group:  "To Z'leyra, a
       generous friend and a master shaman!  May her drum always beat
       loudly and her Tonah always watch over her and protect her from
       harm!"
     GM: We'll pretend the hide isn't given till now :)

     To Jordi:  "Yes, I will help you and anyone else who needs to buy
       a horse tomorrow.  I know several of the local horse merchants
       and many of the local farmers.  We will get good horses at fair
       prices, that I can assure you!"  (Ben'Dar will get in touch later
       this evening with contacts he's made during the past 3 months in
       the Sivas area to obtain horses for the party members to purchase
       in the morning. He will help to appraise them and make sure that
       they are healthy and being offered for a fair price.)  (Good idea
       to leave Velox behind on this adventure.  He is a very young colt,
       still not old enough to ride.)
     GM: This will help and since you've posted this I'll consider
       a "haggling" bonus in prices and use the chart we've predetermined
       for the ranch horse buying.