[pnpgm] Game update #309a - File #511 - Supplement - Prepations are spice of life..

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Sun Oct 24 04:38:03 CEST 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Dead  /Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Chris Wells           Ben'dar           Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen           akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Chris Wells            ckwells at comcast.net

     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or
<http://www.powersandperils.org/>www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #309a in sequence (file #511)

     Admin notes: Supplment update.
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

     -------------------------New Stuff----------------------------

       From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
         As FisherKing is not yet buried Z'leyra takes a feather and
         gives it to Caladan saying "For the use you propose FisherKing
         would want you to have this."
         "Hmmm...wonder if your spell works with dragon skin? That would
          certainly distract the airship crew if a dragon overflew them a
          few times."

         "Sorry guys, I didn't have enough magic to learn how to
          communicate with the hippogriff. I doubt I can control it well
          enough to have it ridden. I may try to have it follow me
          towards the airship, maybe it would distract the crew, even
          fight for us if the crew attacked it." When she goes she will
          indicate to the hippogriff to follow her.

          To Ben'Dar "I will talk with you about Ticasi and horses later,
          when we have time to converse."

          To Jordi "Yes, as a healer I would like those items. I hope
          that I will again have an eagle as companion, the hood would
          then be useful when in towns."

          "Certainly it would be a good idea to prepare to fight if we
           fail in downing the ship."

          To Thig and Kaylle "Fly up using cloud as cover till close
          then go invisible and help distract the crew or get the jar
          if I cannot. We are going for the jar, not to fight."

          Later:
          If we have to leave the hippogriff behind she will release the
          fascination on the hippogriff when we leave Clima.

          Shows the Chalcedony stone(s) to Thig and Kaylle asking if they
          could tell if it was enhanced or enhancable, if partially
          enhanceable can they tell which parts?

          As Z'leyra strips off her clothing and equipment in preparation
          for shapechanging she says "We will have our best chance of
          winning by dropping their ship into the sea. If we do not
          succeed then the fighting here will be brutal. Prepare."

          "One aspect of my plan that I do regret is that any prisoners
           or innocents on the airship will be slain along with the
           crew. We might not be able to find or identify them. I doubt
           we could rescue them even if we find them."
       GM:  Will transfer the Healing stuff from Jordi.  As to ben'dar
         that conversation is in the future :) As to the stone we
         talked about that in ICQ.  Not enhanced.

       Caladan: "I'm honored to take the feather from one so brave as
         your bird.  I will not dishonor him.  As to the dragon thing.
         I could do it.  But this should be stealthy as much as we
         can do.  Otherwise we may force them down to sea level and
         then our chances decrease.  But I will consider it."

       [Thig and Kaylle agree to help in distraction.]

       Thig: "On prisoners.  I could fly into the ship through magic
         and quickly traverse it looking for any prisoners.  If there
         are some we can attempt rescue before or after the jar is
         taken.  Kaylle will have to be the distractor as I search
         the ship but I'll only seconds but it shouldn't take too
         long to find any unconscious or trapped persons."

       From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          OOC to Z'leyra/Alex:  Sorry, I was thinking our conversation
          was a future conversation, taking place when we're on the
          ship sailing home.  You had mentioned earlier that you told
          Ben'Dar your brigand/horse story "Over the coming days".  I
          should have prefaced my reply similarly.  :-)

          Once Ben'Dar understands what's going on (stupid language
          barrier!), he decides to plan for the worst case scenario. He
          figures that the flying ship is going to have their most vital
          weakness (the magic jar) well protected, so he thinks the
          flying mission may be risky and may not succeed.  He says to
          Jordi, "If they don't succeed, I agree with you that we should
          prepare for a fight.  Let's prepare to ambush them if they reach
          the cave."

          OOC to GM:  Could the warships' siege weapons be used inside
          the cave?  For example, aim them at the entrance so that if the
          bad ship does enter, we can fire whatever big weapons we have
          on them before they can attack?  Is there anything else in the
          cave that might be useful in an ambush (netting, barrels of
          oil, etc)?

          Ben'Dar will do what he can to prepare for a possible fight,
          along the lines of the OOC questions above.
       GM:  No your correct that conversation will be on the ship.
         Z'leyra just forgot that :).  No objects in the cave can help.
         There are boxes and crates that could be used but that would
         take some time.  The weapons on the ship could be turned to
         the cave entrance yes.  Good plan.

       From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          "Why should we attack them while they are outside the cave?
           We should let them come in. Archers can go up to the area
           where the Gargoyles were. Fighters can be aboard each of the
           other ships, perhaps loaded arbelists can be aimed at the
           flying ship after it is docked... No doubt there will be at
           least one more priestess I'll need to kill... Hmmm... what
           else should we consider... Ah yes, no doubt the ones coming
           back will be of relatively high moral, since they no doubt
           just looted a city or two. So they might have some wounded
           and or some folks that aren't all that ready to fight if
           caught by surprise in a confined space. Perhaps we should
           put a few heads on pikes as a welcome? Naw... these guys
           probably wouldn't go for that. I don't think the plan to get
           the jar off the ship will work, since it seemed resistant to
           magic when I tried the other one. Maybe we could figure out
           how to use the one we have to get one of these two to fly?
           That might work... so much time to consider such things..."
           >From the rambling loud mind of Chion.
       GM: Ack.  Good words.    See below.