[pnpgm] Game update #313 - File #515 - Time to leave comes...

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Thu Nov 4 08:43:22 CET 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Dead  /Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Chris Wells           Ben'dar           Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen           akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Chris Wells            ckwells at comcast.net

     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or
<http://www.powersandperils.org/>www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #313  in sequence (file #515)

     Admin notes: If this was a movie it would be Reel 5 or the final
     Reel of the film.  Almost over!   But stuff to do before ending
     credits are shown.
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

       From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          After we set sail and Z'leyra has done what she could for any
          of the wounded

          Z'leyra helps crew the ship with her very limited skill as a
          seaman. If anyone can help her learn the skill faster she
          would appreciate the instruction.

          Seaman is a skill useful for any that might someday be
          involved in a combat on a moving ship, as those without the
          skill get a 50% penalty to their OCV, DCV and weapon ELs.

          Just in case another disaster happens she ties ropes to a
          small (2-3 gal.) cask so that it could support her if she
          ends up in the water. This is left tied to her pack.

          Z'leyra bows to the lady, bows to the eagle and says to the
          bird in Eagle Tongue "You would be welcome to accompany me.
          I hope we can be good companions. I am Z'leyra." She then
          tells the Lady Varo "I would be honored to be his companion,
          to help him explore, to be his friend."

          She tells the party "I recommend that we turn the jars over
          to the Lady Varo. This would be the best chance for the
          creatures to get to their home and would have the added
          advantage of preventing factional disagreements amongst us
          and those we have freed."

          On coming out of the portal Z'leyra does a slight bow to
          Varange and smiling says "Varange! You great kidder you.
          We have found a solution that should suit everyone equally
          and as well as can be expected. The Lady Varo can free the
          creatures from the jars and return them to their homes. Thus
          no kingdom gains at the loss of everyone else. We shall do
          that. Then we can share our tales as we did of old."

          This is followed by getting the jars to Varo, getting eagle,
          gossiping, loading ship etc.
       GM: Ack.  Will get some practice for ship duties.  The cask
         how do you make it float worthy?  Are we paranoid? :)

                        ----------------------

       From Chion: [Re: Actions]
         Chion approaches Varo and asks, "It is a blessing and a curse
         to meet you. Your words I will mark with all dilligence due
         them."

         "I am travelling to the far side of this world soon, perhaps
          I may be of assistance in travelling with or hiding a part
          of the staff for you. I have something which must be returned
          to my homeland as soon as I am at full strength."

          Chion says, "Varo, it is not hard for me to say that my desire
          is to return the creatures to their world.   As I did discover
          one, I do feel able to offer my opinion to the group of noble
          companions. Perhaps man may discover how to fly ships by more
          acceptable means of magic when the time is right."
       GM: Ack.

                        ----------------------

       From Unali: [Re: Actions]
         You are correct, Unali would have entered the portal.
         Would be nice to know what was whispered in her ear.

         She will join the next adventure. Before clean-up time,
         please send me an updated character sheet, so I can select
         where to spend the CP. An decide what to do with loads and
         loads of money. Not very practical during lightly packed
         travels, so have to think of something.
       GM:  Ack.  I sent email on the whispered bit.  Let me know if
         you didn't get it.  As to character shet - see below.

                        ----------------------

       From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar is stunned first by her beauty and second by the words
          of Varo to him.  How can she know of these things?!?  He is
          utterly speechless and merely stares incredulously at Varo,
          then he nods and bows deeply.

          He wonders what manner of person/creature Varo is and begins
          to suspect that she may be some form of Animal or Nature Spirit,
          perhaps even one of the Great Spirits that Ben'Dar worships.

          After the unveiling of the wondrous eagle for Z'leyra, Ben'Dar's
          thoughts of Varo's divine nature deepen into faith/belief.
          Hesitatingly, he asks, "Great Lady Varo?  Forgive me for asking....
          Are you a.... a Spirit?" (meaning an Animal Spirit or a Spirit
          of Nature - wind, sky, etc)

          Unless she denies his (superstitious) belief in no uncertain
          terms, Ben'Dar will regard her as a deity and will go down on
          his knees to worship her.  If she does deny it, he will still
          regard her as a messenger from one of the Great Spirits and
          treat her with deepest reverence.

          Regarding the jar creatures, Ben'Dar says, "There is wisdom
          and honor in the words of Great Lady Varo.  We should deliver
          the jar-creatures to her."

          Regarding Varange and his rowdy band of faerries...if nothing
          dissuades Ben'Dar to believe Varo is some sort of Nature Spirit,
          he will be more than willing (nay, eager) to fight to ensure
          that the faerries don't take the jars against her wishes.  :-)
       GM: Ack.  Thanks.  Good characteriszation.

                        ----------------------

       From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
         Jordi is in a rare mod.  He is silent, almost frozen in place.
         Only the fact that he breathes and the way he has Neva left
         hand in his right hand tells that he is not an statue.

         "Well -Jordi says, when everybody has spoken- it seems that
          everybody in the group thinks the same, if Neva agrees with
          our friends. The creatures must be returned to their home; I
          imagine that they prefer it.  Their presence in our world
          will be, for sure, a source of problems.  And it is evil to
          force them.  The staff must be broken again, and the pieces
          must be dispersed again.  We let to you the decision of who
          must take care of the pieces.  If you wish, I can ask my
          uncle the King to contact with the Alfar, to choose another
          Alfar to help to hide one piece; but I guess you are in a
          better position than I to find help, if you need it, from them.

          I just ask two small favors from you: there is a... strange
          faerry in the other side of the portal called Varange, with
          some armed retainers.  He wishes to have one of the jars, and
          he has threatened us to use physical force to obtain one.  I
          fear that, when we give you the jars and the staff, he won't
          be happy, and I don't believe that he will be wise enough to
          keep the secret of what has happened here.  Can you do
          something about him?  Perhaps convince him? Because I fear
          that Clymans  or others, in the future, will try to find the
          staff again, and knowing what has happened here will help them.

          The second is not for me, it's for our friend... he has his
           hand severely wounded, and I fear that our healing abilities
           might not be enough to heal him.  Can you please help him?"

           Turning his attention to the rest of the party, Jordi says:

           "We must return quickly to... our world.  I fear what Varange
            will be doin, now that he has a chance of winning a fight."

           Jordi returns as quickly as posible to "our world", once
           everything is decided.

           (OOC: Typical of Jordi, asking favors for the others.
            Overconfident, rash, and with many other flaws, but with
            some good points, also.)

           Jordi will try to do his best to give the jars and the staff
           to them.  If that means fighting Varange and his party, he
           will be very sorry about that, but he will do it without a
           second hesitation.

           And no, he won't never ask Neva what she was told secretely.
           He respects a lot Neva privacity.
       GM: Ack.  Thanks.

     ---------------------------Update------------------------------
     Time: 11:40-11:55am

      First Some admin business.  Since no one has claimed the other
      magical items I've put them into party treasure and will be
      sold.  Yes, its too late to claim them.  Yes, you could buy
      them but at the price for the object.  Just as a FYI here is
      what the items ended up being that werne't claimed:

      Magical Items [Will be sold as per party treasure]
       Powder of Protection           MEL  7 /EL 4
       Potion - Communicate           MEL  4 /EL 2
       Potion - Protection            MEL  7 /EL 4
       Potion - Attraction            MEL  4 /EL 2
       Potion - Detect Copper         MEL 11 /EL 3
       Potion - Mana Resistance 7 oz  MEL  6 /EL 3
       Staff - of Attribute Effect    MEL 10 /EL 3

       Magical Pike, Hit Chance modifier,
          Magic Power, alignment Kotothi,  MEL 3  EL 1 [Lightning Swarm spell]
       Magical Pike, Hit Chance modifier,  MEL 7  EL 4
       Magical Lance, Hit Chance modifier, MEL 8  EL 4
       Magical Sling, Damage modifier,     MEL 7  EL 4
       Magical Handle Sling, Hit Chance modifier, Damage modifier,
          Attribute Effect,                MEL 9  EL 5
       Magical Club(s), Hit Chance modifier, Damage modifier,
          Immunity to Earth  Powers,       MEL 7  EL 1
       Container, 110 BB, size 10.0 qt, 3.0 qt, MEL 11 EL 5
          potion of Immunity to a Spirit Death Spell
       Magical Sword MEL9/EL5 MDV 14 WSB +2 FV 9 Hit Chance -5
          Creature tie - War Horse  III [Gargoyle Overlord Sword]

                                ---------------

       Also, with reminder of Unali (thanks), I have checked into
       the rule errata and redone the magical value for selling.
       The above items were sold for much higher prices.  As a
       result the party treasure per person goes up:
                        BB     CC     SC     GC
       Per person - Old 77    122     91     38 [Per share]
       Per person - New 75    120     77     54

       Yes, a decline in some areas but the gold value increased.  Thus
       a +16 gold difference per person.  The old report showed
       this value for Gems AND magical items:
             BB     CC     SC   GC
            220    206    872    -    Gems & Magical Items
       From the change - Gems sold for 94.2 SC and the magical
       items sold for 842 Gold.  The Gems were as if combined
       into a Silver value but did have Copper and Brass values.
       So hope this helps you guys.

       Going forward, since Chion has not voted on the loot option
       there is no majority.  So we'll use the share system to
       where folks will get the per share value above PLUS their
       value in loot.  So with this said, I have added the
       gold and items you selected to your character sheets.  Thus
       giving, magical loot for each person of:

       Jordi -
          Powder of Mana Reading, 9 oz.   Powder Cure Insanity 6 Oz
          Powder Cure Insanity 9 oz       Powder Immunity Fire Powers, 11 Oz.
          Potion - Mana Resistance 8 oz   Potion - Cure Energy Loss, 11 Oz.
          Potion - Attribute Effect 9 oz  Potion - Attribute Effect 13 oz
          Potion - Repel/Banish Chaos     Amulet - Immunity-Sidh Powers, 5oz
          Natural Magic item - Bouba Fur

       Chion
          Amulet - Immunity- Earth Powers, 8 oz     Staff of Magic Power
          Talisman - Communicate                    Amulet, - [?]

       Ben'dar
           Magical Pike

       Z'leyra
           Powder Immunity ? Spell             Potion -Attribute Effect 5oz
           Powder of Attribute Effect, 14 oz.  Magical Handle Sling
           Potion -Cure Physical Injury,11 oz
           Amulet - Attribute Effect, 8 oz.
           Amulet [?] - From Priestess #1
           Ring of Detection MEL2/EL1/MDV 3 [Detects fire] [Priestess #3]
           Container, 144 BB, 1 qt, has rotten Nat. Magic : Hembane]
           Container, 28 BB,  5 qt, has rotten Nat. Magic - Chalcedony]

        Unali
           Potion - Mana Resistance 10 oz     Amulet - of Protection
           Talisman - Magic Pow-Law           Talisman - Magic Pow-Choas
           Talisman - Communicate (2)         Talisman - Cure Physical Inj.
           Wand - Repel/Banish Law            Natural Magic Item - Eld. Twig
           Magical Scimitar                   Magical Sling
           Blue Gauntlets [Not magical but need to research origin probably]

        Those are the serious items to figure out their purpose.
        Everyone not listed has figured out their value or paid the
        future price to have somene figure it out so only the above
        is list of object to determine.

        So we'll have to deal with sheets for Jordi, Z'leyra, Chion,
          Ben'dar and Unali.

        Stay tuned for details on how to determine purpose.

        ------------------------New Stuff -------------------------

        [Portal Area]

        [Varo bows to the bird and Varo.  The Eagle just blinks its
         eyes to Z'leyra and studies her up and down.]

        [Chion speaks up...]
        Chion: "I am travelling to the far side of this world soon,
          perhaps I may be of assistance in travelling with or hiding
          a part of the staff for you. I have something which must be
          returned to my homeland as soon as I am at full strength."

        Varo: "That is something to consider.  However, the staff will
          have to be treated and seperating the pieces will take some
          time.  Last time it took weeks.  I appreciate the offer
          but we'll figure soemthing out."

        Chion: "Varo, it is not hard for me to say that my desire is
          to return the creatures to their world.   As I did discover
          one, I do feel able to offer my opinion to the group of noble
          companions. Perhaps man may discover how to fly ships by more
          acceptable means of magic when the time is right."

        Varo: "Perhaps.  In the far future man will do wonderful things
          I'm sure.  But for now the balance of power must remain
          as it is now in your world.  Magic and Faerry offset that
          which man can't do."

        [Ben'dar's stomach quivers as he watches the mysterious female
         and she glances at him occasionally.]
        Ben'dar: "Great Lady Varo?  Forgive me for asking.... Are you
          a.... a Spirit?" (meaning an Animal Spirit or a Spirit
          of Nature - wind, sky, etc)

        Varo: "Stand tall.   Do not think o me as one to worship.
          You may find out in your world your among nobility and
          high stationed people.  But in fact a honorable soul
          like yours has more nobility than wealth and status
          can bring.  No.  I am not a god.  I am not even a semi-god.
          I'm not even immortal.  I can die just like you.  I am
          simply an observer of truth and balance in your world
          and others.  We are so much alike yet so much different.
          I'm sorry I can't explain much more than that....there
          are rules..." [She walks away then turns back to
          Ben'dar] "But never give up your faith.  I have...
          worked with guardians of your people.  They do exist.
          But due to various conflicts in the past not every one
          of them could interfere with your world.  However, they
          may do things that bend the rules." [she smiles..]

        [Jordi steps up...]
        Jordi: "Well -Jordi says, when everybody has spoken- it seems
          that everybody in the group thinks the same, if Neva agrees
          with our friends. The creatures must be returned to their
          home; I imagine that they prefer it.  Their presence in our
          world will be, for sure, a source of problems.  And it is
          evil to force them.  The staff must be broken again, and the
          pieces must be dispersed again.  We let to you the decision
          of who must take care of the pieces.  If you wish, I can ask
          my uncle the King to contact with the Alfar, to choose another
          Alfar to help to hide one piece; but I guess you are in a
          better position than I to find help, if you need it, from them."

        Varo: "I don't know i I'll be able to find or locate you in
          the future.  But if I need help we shall seek it.  Thank you."

        [Jordi asks his favors]
        Varo [After moments of consideration] "Unless he comes here
          I can't do anything to sway him either way.  But I suspect
          he will get the reality of the situation.  So I can't
          interfere directly with him.  Sorry."

        Varo: "As to your hurt friend.  Again I can't do anything
          for him.  I have no way of healing his intense wounds.
          I could only heal Trembyl through a Gal Orb but even
          that would not help your friend.  He needs powers beyond
          the Orbs and beyond my ability.  If you survive the trip
          home he will get help there."

       Varo: "Thank you all for coming.  I'm glad you have decided
         to return the cretures.  Please do so now.  I can't leave
         this world into yours.  You will have to bring them here."

       [Everyone turns around and slowly one by one leaves the
        portal into the dark and dank warehouse area.  Aren and
        Kaylle watch with eager eyes.]

       Kaylle: "So what is in there?"

       Xian: "A new world.  A mysterious one.  We'll explain
         later.  We must take the jars inside."
       Aren: "You just stepped in there.  That was quick."
       Caladan: "Just?  We've been gone for maybe ten or
         twenty minutes at least...it seemed that way."
       Aren: "No.  It couldn't have been more than two or three
         seconds at the most."

       [Xian, Trembyl, Caladan and Jordi pick up a jar wiht
        a creature and walks back into the portal.  They place
        the jars on the ground in front of Varo.  She stands
        and inpsects the jars and creatures.]
       Varo: "Do you know how to free them?  Will simply breaking
         the glass work?"
       Xian: "We didn't have time to investigate that.  I suspect
         not.  Since one did take a bit of bumping and grinding.
         The glass is probably magical."
       Varo: "hmmm..I'm sure...we'll figure it out.  Again, I
         and they thank you.  You have done the right thing."

       [Everyone steps through again into the warehouse room.]

       [Jordi looks over at Neva, wonders about the secret told
        but doesn't pursue it.  She simply looks away quickly
        then turns back and whispers.]
       Neva: "I will tell you...eventually."

       [As trembyl the last to leave the portal steps through it
        quickly shrinks and disappears.  Everyone notices there
        is no yelling anymore.  They decide to do a quick run
        to the other room to check on the situation.  As everyone
        gets there they find Farseeker, Triest and Kasha and
        about 4 Faerry but no Varange.  The Faerry are murmuing
        quietly as well as the humans all huddled together.]

       Xian: "Where is Varange?"
       Farseeker: "Your friend took him on a show and scare I
         suspect.  Been gone about two minutes."

       [One faerry breaks away and speaks to Jordi who translates]
       Jordi: "He says he demands to know where Varange is now
         or they will have to search the entire place."

       Farseeker: "Tell him that --"
       [Just then the rocks near the far south wall begin to slip
        a bit and dust settles.  A form comes from the rock and
        shapes into a large form then into Varange.  Nothing
        else is seen.  Varange shaken turns around and sees the
        party.  His fingers shake for a few seconds and his eyes
        twitch back and forth.  He stares at everyone and then
        over his shoulder nerviously.]
       Varange: "Wh..What was that?"
       Farseeker: "I told you.  Xian's friend."
       Xian: "Oh him?  He is a native to this mountain it seems.
         He requests that we leave as soon as possible.  We
         are doing so.  If you stay after we leave we aren't
         responsible for your safety.  Where did he take you?"
       Varange: "How..how...he took me to a large room with
         bodies and large dogs..and a dragon..then I returned
         here...but how?"
       Farseeker: "Oh the dragon.  Yes.  Just one of us killed
         it.  Plus a hundred or two hundred others captured or
         killed in this place.  So you guys won't be much o
         a problem.  If you persist."

       [On coming out of the portal Z'leyra does a slight bow to
        Varange and smiling says]
       Z'leyra: "Varange! You great kidder you.  We have found a
         solution that should suit everyone equally and as well as
         can be expected. The Lady Varo can free the creatures from
         the jars and return them to their homes. Thus no kingdom
         gains at the loss of everyone else. We shall do that. Then
         we can share our tales as we did of old."

       Varange: "Lady Varo?...kingdoms...you ..what?"
       Caladan: "He means we already delivered the jars and creatures
         elsewhere.   They are no longer here."
       [To that Varange quickly stops shaking and become bold again.]
       Varange: "You did what?!"
       Xian: "It doesn't matter what we did or who she is.  We already
         did it.  Its done.  You can't preent it now.  So where
         does this leave you?"
       Varange: "The jars are no longer here?"
       Xian: "No.  Search if you wish."
       Varange [after a few momemnts] "You may be annoying at times
         with your ideas of dealing with creatures Xian but you've
         never lied to me.  I don't think.  Z'leyra would not
         as well I'm sure?  Fine.  So we are not needed in any
         way here?  You raid this entire mountain and find nothing
         of value?"
       Xian: "Course we did.  We each found booty for us.  We've
         taken our shares.  But you did not help.  Therefore
         you earn nothing."
       Farseeker: "Nothing."

       [Varange stares down the party then shrugs]
       Varange: "So I was too late this time.  Nevertheless, when
         I return and report this I will be the one to have done
         this not you."
       Thig: "Always the one to take the credit but not the action.
          Fine.  Take the credit.  You will likely return home
          before we do.  But we know the truth."
       Varange: "I do hope we don't meet for some time ...or that
         you need my help again.  I won't forget this."

       [With that the tension ends in the room and the party gets
        to work on preparations to leave.]

                                -------------------

       [The party divides up into three groups.  One group finishes
        up minor cleanup and search for any survivors or captured,
        dead climans.  They gather any missing gear or scrolls, or
        people up to take them below.  The other group herds the
        climan survivors, dead or captured outside or into the
        main cave.  There they will later be escorted out and
        tied up alongside the mountain face (and gagged).  There
        they will remain till help arrives.

        The last group prepares the ships and final treasure
        to leave.

        Z'leyra and Varange share stories and old tales before
        the departure.
        Z'leyra: "So tell me Varange, who are these brave companions
          of yours? The bards need to know who the great heroes
          were that killed the Climan priestess, her bodyguard and
          crew."
        Varange: "You know me and don't forget my title when you
          speak of my greatness.  But the others.  They are simply
          my forces when we need to take on dangger for our kind.
          I could give you their names but do you really wish to
          know?" [he smiles...]

        [Damon and Sava prepare the merchant ship to leave.  They
         find the task harder than they thought.  But with her
         sea powers of currents they are able to use with magic
         to move the ship out of its moorings and into the thick
         of the sea cave.  The Sea curtain is raised and the
         ship heads out into deep space.  No mishaps occur and
         the magical current holds the ship well.  The ship
         strains a bit by the weight of the treasure but holds
         steady.  Damon believes she should hold firm.  Once
         about a mile out the anchor is lowered.  Those characters
         with any sailing ability return in a ship's boat to
         the cave nad take the first warship out through the same
         methods.  They anchor the first warship about 100 feet
         outside the cave.  Then return for the last ship (2nd
         warship).  They anchor it at about 30 feet from the
         sea cave in a side position so it should block the
         entire cave entrance for any large craft.

         The call is made to evacuate the mountain.

         Xian quietly meets with the shadow creature and tries to
         convey his meaning to it that they are leaving and will
         not return.  The creature sends mind images that it
         will likely kill anyone that does.  Xian explain they
         may have a plan for that to preent such.  He asks if
         blocking the sea cave will hinder their mvoement.  The
         creature says no.

         Suresh meets with the party one last time...

         Aren: "Suresh, you sure you wish not to return home?
           I'm sure by the duty you have done here that your
           term here would be over.  I could see to that."
         Suresh: "Sorry.  I have a girlfriend here.  I will
           need to reveal myself to her slowly.  I have a feeling
           she will respect that and wnt to return home with me.
           She has no family here and she knows she wishes to
           see other places.  I appreciate the use of the horses
           to return back to shimana.  I will send word through
           our usual communication routes home of my success
           or failure."

         [Several of the party shake hands with suresh and
          depart.]
         Aren: "Fine.  Do that.  You will be mentioned in
           the report home."
         Talz: "The two civilians will have to be freed when
           you leave.  They should not remain with the climans.
           They hae not seen you.  So use the scarf like we
           suggested that way no climan or they will be able
           to know your looks."
         Xian: "Will the two townsfolk be ok though?  Won't the
           climans try to find them and silence them about
           this place?"
         Suresh: "That may be but I doubt they would.  With
           them hiding this place they may not wish to make
           it public of their failure.  The climans are not
           that way.  I will travel with them if they wish
           me to do so.  I will also help them out with some
           of my gold and they can buy a new life elsewhere
           if they have to."
         Xian: "Fine.  Goodbye."

         [Trembyl and Suresh head to the main cave as the
          others head to the small raft and ship's boat
          to board various ships.]

         [Minutes later Suresh leads the rest outside and
          takes the prison wagon and horses.  He and
          Trembyl frees most of the horses since there is
          no room to take them.  Many go running off.
          Four horses remain.  Trembyl examines the
          score of dazed, gagged and tied climans all along
          the side of the outside of the mountain.  Then
          gives his farewell to Suresh.  Suresh and the
          two females mount their horses after Suresh secures
          his gear.  Trembyl watches them ride off due east
          to divert suspicious where they are heading by
          the climans.  Then he walks into the main cave
          and examines it.  He finds the slippage points and
          casts avalanche and earth quake spalls to caus a
          massive avalanche of rock and debris in the main
          entrnace cave.  Even if they dig their way back in
          it will take some time.  By then the shadow creature
          will hopefully preent any entry unless the climans
          use magic.  Trembyl hopes not but this should deter
          any entry this way.  He quickly rushes to the sea cave
          and meets up with the Raft. ...

          By now the two warships have been weakened in spots
          of their underhull by picks.  Oil, wood, naptha, and
          other burning materials is planted to where once
          it burns it will burn hot enough to break through the
          waterline and sink the ships.  But first the sails
          and top half is set afire by a few Fireballs and
          flame darts by Caladan.  They begin to burn out
          of control.  By the time the merchant ship leaves
          the area one of the warships will have begun to
          break apart and sink.  Hopefully this will prevent
          any ships entering the cave without major salvage
          operations.  The sea cave itself is too large and
          too tall to use earthquake spells on so it remains
          in tact.  The entry caves however and stairs are
          caved in to preent access byond the sea cave level.

        [Varange and his others fly off NW to their ship which
         by now is on the horizon about 2 miles out.  It looks
         like a normal ship.  But when asked...]
        Kaylle: "Why not bring your ship with ours?"
        Varange: "No human may board her.  That is the rules.
          You or the elfs could.  Matter of fact, Jordi your
          home is I understand it not back in Marentia.  Return
          with us and see your uncle sooner."
        Xian: "We had a dwarf with us and he left with you.  We
          did not get to know him that well.  Did he return
          with you when we found you?"
        Varane: "Yes.  He is on the ship.  He will return to his
          place.  He has decided the outside world is just too
          dangerous to adventure in."
        GM: Jordi/Neva has a option to go home faster or travel
          with the party.  I believe you were getting married
          twice once in Marentia.  So let me know?

     Time: 12:45- 1:00pm

     GM: Ok. The trip home begins.  It will take TWO weeks (14
       solid days).  This is what I need from you guys.  What
       will you be doing on the trip home.  There is only one
       random encounter, and a big one, to deal with.  I won't
       mention the exact day.  But plan your actions as if
       you had the full 14 days.  If you wish to investigate
       the items you'll have to do so with the limited spells
       of Perception and Knowledge.   Keep in mind the limits
       of use of Knowledge.  Otherwise you can do that when
       you return home or buy knoweldge from wizards and
       learn the purpose of the items above.  So for this
       leg of the updates only give the JOURNEY home.  We'll
       deal with 3 months after this adventure before next
       adventure later on.  So do only 2 weeks.  If you do
       nothing then that's fine.  If you wish to do this
       in a private format do so as well.

      I will resolve those actions UP to the day of the big
      event.  Then we'll go with the event.  At this point
      everyone will be fully healed and fully mana back up
      to 100% by the day of the event.  However, if you cast
      magic between now and then you may not be.  Keep this
      in mind.  I await your actions.

      I'm doing this update early.  I'll count this as the
      Friday update.  If I get all actions in by then I'll
      do another one but otherwise expect next update monday
      if possible to do so.  Otherwise will wait for actions.

      Actions? Comments?
      Next update...monday if possible or earlier.  [No rush]

      PS.  I already have some actions like by ZL and Chion on
      item investigation and such.  So will get to those eventually.
      I will be emailing you guys over ht enext few days of
      your character sheets and such things about that.  So expect
      those in the next 2 days.  If you don't get anything email
      me and yell or at least threaten those nasty dwarf jokers.

      I likely won't do the email till tomorrow afternoon (its
      2:30 am now).

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933