[pnpgm] Update #15 - File #85 - Scouts go to village

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Jan 20 05:56:03 CET 2022

Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Notes.....
Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
Male...Mournath.........Gilbert.Isla...............................
Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........
Male...Juno.Solace......Ford.............Tracker...Human...........

         Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #15 sequence (file #85)

         Admin: None.

            From Varo: [Re: Actions]
                 Sorry, Scott, but your #14
update did not appear in my email until today.
idk what happened or is happening. If have till
next week, I'll get to it within a couple days;
if you want it faster - never mind - it's already
Thursday, oh dear - lol - might try Saturday to
get it done. Have to re-read a couple back since now a choice ;)
            GM: Ack.  OH I misread this.  So it
never got to you till days later? Last update got
to me immediately so don't think its the mailing
list  It must be some odd delay with your
isp.  May have to contact if it continues.  Sorry.

            From Bess: [Re: Actions]
                 Sorry Scott - what grumpy old
man? I've gone back as far as update #11 & can't
find him. Which update was he presented? I can't
decide until I find it. (altho Varo is leaning
toward seeing what's happening in the village)
            GM: Ack. Sorry!  IT is Veren who
hired you guys.  He is grumpy and older than all
of you basically.  I believe I mentioned his age
in a early post.  He's more grumpy cause this
side trip may take time away from his goal. :)

            From Rocky: [Re: Kid]
                 Hearing the kids story Rocky
asks "So, da ve trust da kid, play

            GM: Ack.  I assume said quietly as
not to be heard by kid if in tradetalk or diff
language.  Probably best to ask couple updates
ago but good as ever to ask now. :)

            From Mournath: [Re: Actions]
                 I keep missing the updates it
seems. Here's the things Mournath will have been doing to catch up.

                 [IC] After having to slit his
one good set of leathers, Mournath cuts a strip
from his horse-blanket and some leather cordage
from one of his packs to cover and wrap his
exposed leg with.  After hearing the young man's
pleas, Mournath is interested in helping the
plight of his town, but does not condone just
wandering into a position where several trolls
might be about. [Dialogue to party] I'm for
helping this young man, but perhaps we should
scout the town first?  If we come around a flank
instead of using the main road, perhaps we can
get a better view of what is going on inside?
            GM: Ack.  Sorry on the missing
posts.  I did post on it suggestions.

            From Wout: [Re: in email not post]
                 "Marusk, you want help this boy
see his sister? To the shack?" Razgor hefts

                 [Razgor votes to help the boy and go to the shack.]

         [Windsday, Fertility week, Storm Season, 1625, Genertela, Glorantha]

         [Time: 9:50 am]

            Hearing the kids story Rocky asks,
"So, da ve trust da kid, play heroes n hunt down
n kill er capture da trolls? What da ya dink boss?"

            Razgar comments his views as quietly as possible.

            “I'm for helping this young man, but
perhaps we should scout the town first?  If we
come around a flank instead of using the main
road, perhaps we can get a better view of what is going on inside?”

            "Marusk, you want help this boy see
his sister? To the shack?" Razgor hefts his pike
and shifts his pack on his back, stepping in step
with the boy for a few strides.

            Veren grumbles, “as long as we don't
get so side tracked.  Razgar and Juno can scout
the village with the kid.  Report back what you find.”

            Juno suggests he and Varo take boy ahead and scout out the town.
            Marusk nods, “no roads around here
for a few days ride.  People in this area are
essentially honest and honorable.  Like those
hunters you guys clearly were wary of them and
they were fine.  I do say we should scout the
town first to ensure no reinforcements arrive at the shack.”
            Juno glances to Varo who is next to
the kid.  Another male assuming a female can't be in danger.
            Jaren leans over to Veren, “kid clearly seems to like Varo.”
           Veren shrugs, “Fine.  Varo and Juno
and kid.  Kid how far to your village you'd said
it was just over there three times.  Where is the shack compared to your town?”

            The boy leans to Varo's horse not
liking the older man, “About a mile I'm positive
that way.  Once you get there the shack is about
3 quarters of a mile west of it.”
            Veren waves to Varo and Juno to go
ahead.  “Lets wait here and cover a perimeter.”
            Varo lifts the boy onto her horse and
sets off.  Juno follows on his horse but both
move slow not to attract attention by the horse movement.
            About 10 minutes later they reach a
edge of a clearing.  They dismount all the while
scanning left and right for enemies.  Ahead about
300 feet in a clearing are a dozen or so buildings.
            Boy points, “our village is
small.  Only 8 homes.  Give on this side (left)
and 3 on that side of the path.  The middle one
on that side (right) is the town storehouse.  We
have no fancy hotel or shoe shop just the 7 homes
and community general shop slash storehouse.  The
village has maybe 45.  Some may be off to hunt or
gather food.  That way,” he points to the right
and north east with village being due north, “is
a small farm with 12.  They grow all the food we
generally need.  I do not know if the trolls went
there or not  When they came into town they
entered a few homes and stole food.  They
ransacked a bit destroying dishes or such but
seemed to be more looking for food than
valuables.  Me and my sister were in town and
they grabbed her and went to the shack.  They
must've knew it was there.  There are two other
cabins in area some distance away maybe a mile or
two but no idea if they got there.  The

.people...so called friends...they were powered
and scared.  Would not help defend the
place...”  Juno figures the boy meant cowered.
            He continues and frowns, “no one is
outside.” Indeed the homes seem to be all
shuttered with closed doors and windows.  “Even
Fuj the dog is not barking.  All hiding!”
            The village has a small stone water pool/hole and water well.”
            No sign of trolls or humans.  From
here the forest is about 80-90 feet to south most
home.  To east its about 100 feet.  To west about
60 feet.  But to north its hard to tell but
probably 70-80 feet from northern most home to forest in north.
            Juno then notices there are no horses
as well.  He asks the boy.  “oh yeah!....there
are maybe half a dozen...there is no barn...where
are they?  The trolls take to the shack?  Wait..trolls eat horses?”
            Varo looks to Juno.  To decide next step.
            Back at the party 2 minutes after the
scouts left Verne looks to Razgar.  “You and
Marusk want to scout the shack or wait for the others?”
            Marusk shrugs, “horses are noisy
trolls might hear them.  If we do might be best
on foot. But we don't know if the scouts may go find the shack.”
         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next Update...Mon/Tue?

         GM:  I could do a small update Sat based
on posts. But this is a small update. I was going
to move folks to shack.  But with email and Dms
things shifted.  Still waiting for votes on
healing. ;) As to Spam should I change my subject
line?  Maybe that may fix your issues? Did the
whitelisting help?  Btw the map has been updated
on site showing how far north you have gone in
forest no roads.  The village is simple so a low level map is fine:

*   * - homes
*
*   s - storehouse
*
*   *

     Each home is separated but at this angle
can't tell how far.  Each home is simple wooden
log cabin style.  Grass/thatch/log
roofs.  Probably max of 2 if fancy maybe 3 rooms
and looks to be 50x50 each.  Fairly large clan
style homes.  With 1 door and at least 1 window
each side wall all closed.  Space between left
column of homes and right is about 50 feet.

         GM: Healing Votes: [Deadline 1/15]

                 RQ6 – Varo, Juno.Solace
                 No vote/Doesn’t matter - Wout.Broere

         GM: 130 Miles out – personal note for me.