[pnpgm] Game Update #23 - File #123 - TRoll round 13-16

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Thu Apr 7 05:31:49 CEST 2022

Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Notes.....
Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
Male...Mournath.........Gilbert.Isla...............................
Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........
Male...Juno.Solace......Ford.............Tracker...Human...........

         Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #23 sequence (file #123)

         Admin: None.

            From Varo: [Re: Actions]
                 Varo signals – vigorously - that
they move silently awaay from the

                 Thanks, everyone!
            GM: Ack. I did explain the window
stuff.  Cabin is wooden and the windows are
wooden as well.  Front/Back Windows are slightly
different. Those details given to Gilbert. Front
no one was interested so did explain the details
as Jaren took a look.  Front window is 2 wooden
slats. Entire window is maybe 2.5' x 2.5' feet
from window frame to frame.  Slats in front open
outward.  So both slats are maybe 1.25 foot or so
each.  Between is a groove that opens up when
widened. Jaren learned by trying to open it that
it seems to be locked from inside. Possibly a
metal bar across back of slats and a locking
pin.  You could break the slats if hard enough
blows.  But it may take a few seconds.  Back
window is slightly larger maybe 4'x4' but
Mournath is dealing with it.  So speech is about
27 seconds if I did it right.  Based on how fast
I speak.  That's 2 rounds.  Plus movement will be
a 3rd so no action done for 4 rounds.  Which is
about 48 seconds.  Giving the troll now almost 3 minutes to ready.

         [Windsday, Fertility week, Storm Season, 1625, Genertela, Glorantha]

         [Time: 10:12 am]

         [Round 13-15]

            Up front Varo motions to move south so they can whisper.

            Varo signals – vigorously - that they
move silently away from the door to the end
corner by the fireplace where they might be able
to whisper without being seen or heard. The
trolls inside have had time to booby-trap the
girl inside & they need to see what they can first.

            “The trolls have had time to
booby-trap the girl. We need to look inside the
windows & see where the girl is & the trolls,”
she whispers urgently. “If we just burst in, she
could be killed before any of us got inside. Is
there another window? Has anyone looked inside
yet? We need a plan. It would be nice if we could
at least target the two trolls before we hit the
door. Are the windows glass or something we can burst through?”

            She also apologizes. “If someone else
can do healing, that would be good. I've used
nearly half my magic. But I'll help out if
needed, with healing. I also confess I do not
want to be first through the door; I'd rather
shoot my javelin through a window, but it could
go wild hitting something too hard to pass
through. I'd be glad to enter through a window & head toward the girl.”

         [Time: 10:13 am]

         [Round 16]

            As Varo spoke the 30 seconds or so
Jaren tried to open the window with a dagger but
it seems to be locked securely from inside.  He
gives up and turns to the others.

            Jaren shrugs, “won't open.”

            Jaren ticks the time in his head
almost 3 minutes since here on scene. Having a
sister probably the kids age he gets upset
waiting.  The others do not seem to form any idea of plan.

            Giving up he turns and motions for
the group to the door.  Raising his sword and
backing slightly to the right/north of the door
to avoid any missiles he kicks the door in before
the others react.  He backs away and glances
around the threshold.  Those around the door also
glance inside the dim cabin.

            Meanwhile at the rear the last 30
seconds or so Mournth is able to get his window
open but only a crack.  It allows him to see to
the south/right but not left as it cracks open
that way.  He spots the insides and the
girl.  Placing dagger on belt he opens the window
just big enough for a arrow.  He then casts a spell to improve his chances.

            He takes careful aim at the girl.

            For those looking inside it looks
like two small probably bedrooms on the north
side.  Between them a front of a possible chest
can be seen for clothes probably.  In north area
of main room is a table with 4 chairs for a
family.  Table is wooden and chairs are wooden
and wicker.  On west side are more comfy chairs
with cushions and a couch on south wall that can
fit 3 or 4 people with nice cushions and pillows.

  The fireplace is not active but shows sign it
was last night or so.  Trash and food is strewn
all over where they ate and did not care to clean
up.  Those who see inside are amazed to see 3
trolls not 2 that Varo reported.  But maybe the
leader by the girl may not display hostile to the
party and thus the spell would not detect an
enemy – maybe he feels he is superior or confident?

            All 3 trolls are heavy armed with
club/spikes wrapped in wire.  All 3 are wearing
heavy armor and helms.  Those who see the girl
see her about 14/15 and naked.  Bits of clothes
and ripped clothes is also all over the floor.

            The girl herself is right in from fo
fireplace danging upside down with butt to west
and head to east.  Her legs and wrists are tied
together and she is tied with both of those ropes
to a single rope that dangles on a road.  Two
poles with a pole on top that clearly is used to
hold a cauldron or cooking pots over the fire.

            In the rear Mournath is slightly off
angle not directly behind the girl but at a
slight angle to her.  He has been waiting for 30
seconds aiming at her and waiting for the part to
finally do something.  When Jaren kicks in the
door and he fires his composite bow.

            The magically enhanced arrow flies
toward the girl.  She has been squirming lightly
having probably given up hope hours ago.  This
helps in his enhanced aimed careful shot.  The
arrow hits the rope above the girl not the girl
herself.  It slices with extra damage by the
magic.  The rope and its weight of the girl
probably over 100 pounds starts to unravel.

            Those who see inside can the the
troll by the girl grunt and speak something in
troll.  His hand moves away from the girls
general direction and grabs something from is
leather vest.  A purple liquid of some kind. He
drinks the liquid and his lips become purple as he throws the glass tube away.

            The other 2 troll raise clubs ready to move to the door.

            All 3 seem to be unaware of Mournath.

            Though there was a 'whoosh' from the
arrow the door being kicked and slamming against the wall covered that up.

            Suddenly the rope lets go having
uncoiled its wrapped layers and she drops.  She
looks up and sees the troll smacking his lips but
seems to not notice her.  She starts to crawl to
the west side of cabin and works at her arm ropes to free herself.

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next update?....Sat or Wed.

         GM: A quick update.  Plan your
actions.  Folks can enter as they wish.  Firing
stuff inside from door might be awkward if others
rush in front of the line of fire.  Mournath has
no risk there.  A small map is below.  Will do
update Sat or Wed depending on actions
posted.  If need to heal I can do that retroactively in the 4 rounds.

         GM: 130 Miles out – personal note for me.

         GM: Cabin Map

\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ F
/  \__/  \_______________  \__/  \__/  G / = Door
\__/  \__/ I      I at I   I__/  \__/  \_ H I, _ = Walls
/  \__/  \_I______/ /___I  \__/  \__/  I # = Cabinet/counter for food prep
\__/  \__/ I*[--]*T     /__/  \__/  \_ J * = Fireplace in south
/  \_,,, \_:  **   T    I  \__/  \__/  K     Chairs at table or west wall
\__/ ,,,_/ I*      T    I__/  \__/  \_ L [-]=Table or couch in south wall
/  \_,,, \_I*      G # #:  \__/  \__/  M @ = Chest
1234567891123456789212345678931234567894
          0         0         0         0

45x35 foot cabin
T = Troll [1-L21,#2-J20,#3-K21]
G = Girl