[pnpgm] Game Update #6 - File #41 - Dark Forest Welcomes

Gerald Ford biggthree at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 19:02:13 CET 2021


That is if varo wants to be Procted by my gifts?

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 9:56 PM Gerald Ford <biggthree at gmail.com> wrote:

> Juno Senses Bad things his birthmark begins to tingle.
>
> 1. He decides to cast a protection spell on himself(2).
> 2. Then detect enemies spell (1).
> 3. He then draws a javelin and his shield.
>
> Once he becomes aware of the danger he can then react to whatever that
> threat is.
>
> A. If there is a threat near
>     1.cast Speedart(1) on javelin
>     2. He will throw a javelin to strike the nearest enemy that would be
> the closest threat if in range
>     3. If not in range then he will close in to be able to strike with
> javelin by throwing.
>
>
> B. If no threat detected. He was trained in the cavalry to use his spells
> to buff other riders and rangers.
>     1. So he heads toward Varo
>     2. Cast a protection spell (2) on her.
>
>  He silently prays to his master ORLANTH.
>
> *"Dear ORLANTH King of the Gods, Master of Storms, Death Wielder, and
> Bringer of Light. **You made the world what it is with your strength, and
> your virtues.*
> *Your Holiness Forever am I your servant for the gifts you bestowed upon
> us.*
> *Your Strength to protect us from our enemies. *
> *Your Bright light to see our enemies. *
> *Your Power to strike like lightning with my javelin against our enemies.*
> *Your Understanding of becoming a virtuous death **wielder **against our
> enemies when warranted.*
>
>
>
>
>
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 2:03 AM pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> [Another case update copied from openoffice does
>> not seem to go out.  I can only assume office is
>> adding some special character.  So I'm pasting
>> this from notepad.  As result format may be
>> goofed .  Can see website ver to see good ver
>>
>>
>>
>> Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Notes.....
>> Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
>> Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
>> Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
>> Nale...Juno.Solace......Gerald.Ford......Tracker...Human...........
>> Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
>> Male....................Gilbert.Isla...............................
>> Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
>> Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
>> Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........
>>
>> Veren Nor Tarek.
>>
>>         Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
>>         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing
>> list)
>>         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net
>>
>>         Game Update #6 sequence (file #41)
>>         ----------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>         Admin: None.
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>         [Recap]
>>
>>            From Varo: [Re: Actions]
>>                 [Sorry if this seems a bit long, but I hope I
>> now better understand the rpg of RQ (I hope) so
>> trying to get into it more. I am intrigued as to how this story will
>> go.]  ;)
>>
>>                 After a good, if slightly shortened, night’s sleep,
>> Varo awoke & …
>>
>>                 [OOC – I am assuming a woman cook at the
>> ttavern; if it’s a man, you’ll have to
>> re-type all the pronouns – sorry ‘bout that]
>>            GM: Ack. A very good post.  Thanks.
>>
>>         -------------------------------------------------------------
>>        [New Stuff]
>>
>>         [Windsay, Death week, Storm Season, 1625, Dragon Pass, Genertela,
>> Glorantha]
>>         [Town of Demark]
>>        [Time: 7:10 am – using earth equivalent for ease]
>>
>>            After a good, if slightly shortened, night's
>> sleep, Varo awoke & made her morning prayers to
>> Ernalda, The Earth Queen, Lady of Earth's Balance
>> & Harmony. Varo tried her best to keep to a
>> personal schedule of morning & evening prayers,
>> and tried to remember a short reminder-prayer at
>> mid-day to help keep her in Harmony with her
>> surroundings & do what she can to keep the
>> Balance of the Earth Queen, but sometimes forgot
>> when she felt comfortable in her surroundings.
>>
>>            She realized that today she was joining a
>> very mixed company, all of which were strangers
>> to her & to each other, under a new & temporary
>> employer who wanted to walk (walk!) to his
>> destination. She found she was a little nervous,
>> although not afraid. She took a couple minutes,
>> after her packing was complete, to meditate on
>> this new venture & realized she would have to
>> learn to deal with this as a student learning of
>> new cultures in class – only this class was on
>> the road! She gathered  her pack & gear, and
>> ventured to the stables, where it was still dark,
>> and saddled & packed her gear on her horse, much
>> to Dusty's pre-dawn disgust, then walked the mare
>> to a hitching post outside the tavern & putting
>> an nosebag on the sleepy mare for an oats snack, entered the tavern to
>> eat.
>>
>>            Varo realized she had been too cheerful & in
>> a celebratory mood last night, and realized this
>> morning that although breakfast was a good, solid
>> meal, that the cook looked distinctly grouchy. As
>> she finished the meal, she quietly went up to the
>> bar behind which the cook was stirring a large
>> pot, & called softly to her to come to the
>> counter. As the cook started to (perhaps)
>> complain about leaving her stirring, Varo quickly
>> flashed a copper at her & the lady, already
>> looking tired for this new day,  came over. Varo
>> thanked her quietly in Tradetalk, & slipped her
>> two coppers. “For your extra service this day,
>> good woman. The food was good & I thank you for
>> your extra trouble for us.”  The cook looked a
>> bit happier, and Varo picked up her bow & sheath
>> of arrows & left to gather her horse & meet
>> everyone at the East gate. Today, she wore her
>> rapier & carried her self-bow over her shoulder
>> with her arrows & backpack. Her shield & javelin
>> were on her horse, along with her other gear. She
>> still wore the tunic under her leather armor &
>> the wide-brimmed hat to shade her eyes.
>>
>>            As she approached the gate, she looked for
>> her party members, and began to introduce
>> herself, just her name & where she was from
>> (Nochet city in Esrolia), to the other members.
>> If they seemed willing, she shook hands, but
>> otherwise just nodded with respect. She knew it
>> would take time to get to know everyone.
>>
>>            Unfortunately, she quickly learned that Tarek
>> & Dusty seemed almost allergic to each other.
>> Neither seemed happy with the other. For the time
>> being, she dropped back towards the rear of the
>> party, leading her horse until they got away from
>> the more crowded gate area. When she does mount,
>> she will remain in the rear half of their party
>> for the time being. She silently prayed a quick
>> thanks to Ernalda, then turned her eyes again to
>> the road. She will not speak to anyone unless
>> they speak to her first, as she is studying the
>> country around her, Tarek'™s two companions & her
>> own party members. Where will her role fall in this new company?
>>
>>            The party enters deep into the woods that
>> slowly turn to moderate size forest.  Jaren asks Murask why not use the
>> roads?”
>>
>>            “The roads go west toward Sartar proper and a
>> large city.  They do go north through serious
>> mountains then slightly turns north east.  But
>> it'd add a week maybe even 2 weeks to our
>> trip.  In this case a direct route is faster.”
>>
>>            As the party moves on Varen moves to the rear
>> and talks to Varo. Varo can notice a strong non
>> Essrola accent.  She figures he is native to her
>> own land. Varen asks about her home, her business
>> trips and what she trades.  Varo can tell he is a
>> charmer and flirts a lot.  But being only female here may just demand
>> that?
>>
>>            Around mid-sun the group stops and takes a
>> lunch break.  Marusk does a perimeter tour to
>> check for tracks and see what may be in the
>> area.  Bears and Wolves are probably the wost
>> aside from monsters.  But he returns satisfied.
>>
>>            Varen and Jaren talk in whispers.  As the
>> Dwarf tells of great battles to entertain the group.
>>
>>            Varen nods to Jaren, “if we are being
>> followed Marusk would've detected it.  But keep
>> an eye out.”  He whispers and one can hear it.
>>
>>            The group moves on seeing at most a deer or
>> rabbit.  The hunter in the group takes the rabbit
>> down and the party has dinner tonight.  As the
>> shadows draw close the sun is lowering but its
>> actually only 430/5pm.  But the forest canopy makes it far darker.
>>
>>            Varen decides its time to camp for
>> night.  The party even walking has made about 10 miles so a good amount.
>>
>>            Rocky has no tent so stands by the future
>> campfire as the pit is being made for it.  Varo
>> is in her tent as she places items in it for the
>> night.  Juno has no tent but is off gathering
>> wood for the fire some distance away – around 60
>> feet away to east of camp.  Klorgar has no tent
>> as well but is on sentry duty to the north of the
>> camp about 20 feet on a clockwise patrol.  Varen
>> is near Rocky and Jaren by his side.  Varen and
>> Jaren have tents but are not setting the up yet.
>> Razgor also has no tent so is around the future
>> campfire ensuring the horses are tied up about 15 feet away.
>>
>>            So aside from Varo in tent, 1 on patrol and 1
>> gathering wood all are around the camp center.
>>
>>            About 20 minutes into making camp Jaren turns
>> and draws his sword.  He stares at the south and
>> hears a few twigs break.  As others turn the
>> sentry moves to the south as well to investigate
>> but behind bushes as he moves in that direction.
>>
>>            “Hail!” A voice is heard coming from the shadows.
>>
>>            Then two men emerge from the dim light and
>> around bushes.  “Greetings! May we enter the
>> camp?” They are wearing light travel tunics,
>> leather armor and swords still in their hip sheaths.  Varen nods.
>>
>>            “We were hunting and...” they get within
>> about 15-20 feet of Varen and the group around
>> the future campfire.  Jaren frowns and they stop
>> getting the hint. “Yes.  Let's end this
>> nonsense.  You,” he nods at Varen.  “left Demark
>> and the Commander wants what he was owed.”
>>
>>            Rocky notices 2 other men about 20 feet
>> behind these 2 hidden in shadows. But based on
>> noise they are not hiding the fact they are there.
>>
>>            The speaker pulls out a item that is a round
>> ball object with a stem about 3 inches under
>> it.  “This here is a fire buzzer.  It will
>> explode and kill us all and take some of the
>> forest with it. You will return with us or we'll
>> take what we are owed from the others.”
>>
>>            Varen stands confident, “bandits are scum! I
>> owe nothing to you or your town.”  He turns to
>> the others.  “Escort this scum away from here!  By Force if needed.”
>>
>>            The man beside the speaker draws his
>> sword.  Metal can be heard as well from the 2 behind them.
>>
>>            Jaren pulls a axe from his back and with
>> swift dexterity throws it at the speaker.  The
>> axe goes flying and hits the speaker right in the
>> head.  But the blade is side wise so it smacks
>> him in the air not digs deep in to his
>> skull.  The impact cracks skin and he stumbles
>> back a couple feet as his other hand is taken off
>> the fire buzzer as he tries to regain his
>> balance.  He does not drop the item just holds it
>> in his left hand at this point.
>>
>>         GM: Actions? Comments?
>>
>>             Next Update...Next week...Tue/Wed?
>>
>>         GM: I had hoped to do more.  But started update
>> 6 hours late.  So to get this done so next update
>> can be Saturday I rushed it out.  Let me know
>> what you folks do.  I will assume armor is fully
>> on. Weapons on or nearby.  If group simply wants
>> to boot them out of camp then it'll be a fast
>> update saturday if combat then will do it sat or Monday if run out of
>> time.
>>
>>             So the one shot.  One player had to bow out
>> due to emergency so just us three.  Googly I must
>> admit did things bad but not so bad. It was her
>> first ever rpg.  But she WAS IC as a chaotic elf
>> paranoid.  With that said it did bog things down
>> a bit. Even surprised Booty the gm.  So for those
>> who were not there it was a modern dnd which I
>> NEVER played.  Set in 1990s.  So was not
>> prepared.  Spells, swords and modern gns. ;) We
>> were part of a search/rescue team to hep deal
>> with those who have gone inside a cave not to
>> return.  From a deaf witness who was attacked
>> inside we learned it was some music of some kind
>> or song that made folks crazy.  So Player 101 get
>> ears plugged up.  I played a Aasmiar Ranger and
>> Taib/panda played a Goliath.  So 3 of us enter
>> and quickly encounter a stone golem. We deal with
>> it and move down a passage.  Where one member of
>> team attacks us.  We incapacitate. But Goog makes
>> it look like (invisible) she was attacked and
>> tries to turn the 2 of us against each other.  So
>> this draged on trying to figure out this
>> situation.  We exit.  I Heal (lesser restoration)
>> the insane person and so we save one.  We go back
>> in and find a wounded Googoogly and a dead team
>> mate.  We take them out and question her.  But in
>> end its decided to cut our losses.  Even as at
>> least 3 others are in cave missing.  Too
>> dangerous.  I was outvoted but the cave was
>> destroyed and so we left.  A year later we are
>> watching news.  A volcano erupts at that
>> spot.  The gal who ran in to find her love comes
>> out and starts to sing.  Then enchants the news
>> crew.  End Scene.  So a possible part 2 could be
>> out eventually.  Booty admitted that he had
>> countless Cultist and a lava monster in the cave
>> and we'd probably have been TPKed.  Which I
>> personally do not like to kill folks just like
>> that.  So its good we did not follow through.  We
>> did save 1 which is 1 more than last few times he
>> has run that adventure.  So that's a plus.  For
>> those who stayed you may have noticed easter eggs
>> from me.  My name was Varen Nor Tarek.  :) Also I
>> was doing stuff that will be important later in
>> this adventure.  If you heard the full session or
>> pulled the VOD video on demand from stream then
>> you may get the gist of the easter egg.  If
>> not.  Too bad.  ;)  About a hour till end of
>> session I was told my headset was cutting
>> in/out.  We were in Discord and I had stream
>> muted.  So did not realize this.  It was a old
>> headset.  But next time will use a headset I use
>> for work. The other 3 were streamers so all had
>> good web cam and headsets for their streaming.  I
>> did not. :)  Hope you enjoyed it and I gave you a
>> feel of my style and who I sounded like. :)
>>
>>            GM: TradeTalk Experience -
>>                  From first update.  For those who talked.
>>                   Rocky         -  Failed.
>>                   Varo  -  Failed
>>                   Juno  -  Success +5%
>>                   Klorgar       -  Success +5%
>>                   Razgor        -  Success +5%
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> pnpgm mailing list
>> pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org
>> http://www.powersandperils.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pnpgm
>>
>
>
> --
> Thank You
> Gerald Ford
>
-- 
Thank You
Gerald Ford
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20211118/907754ed/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list