[pnpgm] Game Update #6 - File #41 - Dark Forest Welcomes

Gerald Ford biggthree at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 03:56:10 CET 2021


Juno Senses Bad things his birthmark begins to tingle.

1. He decides to cast a protection spell on himself(2).
2. Then detect enemies spell (1).
3. He then draws a javelin and his shield.

Once he becomes aware of the danger he can then react to whatever that
threat is.

A. If there is a threat near
    1.cast Speedart(1) on javelin
    2. He will throw a javelin to strike the nearest enemy that would be
the closest threat if in range
    3. If not in range then he will close in to be able to strike with
javelin by throwing.


B. If no threat detected. He was trained in the cavalry to use his spells
to buff other riders and rangers.
    1. So he heads toward Varo
    2. Cast a protection spell (2) on her.

 He silently prays to his master ORLANTH.

*"Dear ORLANTH King of the Gods, Master of Storms, Death Wielder, and
Bringer of Light. **You made the world what it is with your strength, and
your virtues.*
*Your Holiness Forever am I your servant for the gifts you bestowed upon
us.*
*Your Strength to protect us from our enemies. *
*Your Bright light to see our enemies. *
*Your Power to strike like lightning with my javelin against our enemies.*
*Your Understanding of becoming a virtuous death **wielder **against our
enemies when warranted.*





On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 2:03 AM pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net> wrote:

> [Another case update copied from openoffice does
> not seem to go out.  I can only assume office is
> adding some special character.  So I'm pasting
> this from notepad.  As result format may be
> goofed .  Can see website ver to see good ver
>
>
>
> Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Notes.....
> Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
> Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
> Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
> Nale...Juno.Solace......Gerald.Ford......Tracker...Human...........
> Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
> Male....................Gilbert.Isla...............................
> Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
> Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
> Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........
>
> Veren Nor Tarek.
>
>         Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
>         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing
> list)
>         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net
>
>         Game Update #6 sequence (file #41)
>         ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>         Admin: None.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>         [Recap]
>
>            From Varo: [Re: Actions]
>                 [Sorry if this seems a bit long, but I hope I
> now better understand the rpg of RQ (I hope) so
> trying to get into it more. I am intrigued as to how this story will go.]
> ;)
>
>                 After a good, if slightly shortened, night’s sleep, Varo
> awoke & …
>
>                 [OOC – I am assuming a woman cook at the
> ttavern; if it’s a man, you’ll have to
> re-type all the pronouns – sorry ‘bout that]
>            GM: Ack. A very good post.  Thanks.
>
>         -------------------------------------------------------------
>        [New Stuff]
>
>         [Windsay, Death week, Storm Season, 1625, Dragon Pass, Genertela,
> Glorantha]
>         [Town of Demark]
>        [Time: 7:10 am – using earth equivalent for ease]
>
>            After a good, if slightly shortened, night's
> sleep, Varo awoke & made her morning prayers to
> Ernalda, The Earth Queen, Lady of Earth's Balance
> & Harmony. Varo tried her best to keep to a
> personal schedule of morning & evening prayers,
> and tried to remember a short reminder-prayer at
> mid-day to help keep her in Harmony with her
> surroundings & do what she can to keep the
> Balance of the Earth Queen, but sometimes forgot
> when she felt comfortable in her surroundings.
>
>            She realized that today she was joining a
> very mixed company, all of which were strangers
> to her & to each other, under a new & temporary
> employer who wanted to walk (walk!) to his
> destination. She found she was a little nervous,
> although not afraid. She took a couple minutes,
> after her packing was complete, to meditate on
> this new venture & realized she would have to
> learn to deal with this as a student learning of
> new cultures in class – only this class was on
> the road! She gathered  her pack & gear, and
> ventured to the stables, where it was still dark,
> and saddled & packed her gear on her horse, much
> to Dusty's pre-dawn disgust, then walked the mare
> to a hitching post outside the tavern & putting
> an nosebag on the sleepy mare for an oats snack, entered the tavern to eat.
>
>            Varo realized she had been too cheerful & in
> a celebratory mood last night, and realized this
> morning that although breakfast was a good, solid
> meal, that the cook looked distinctly grouchy. As
> she finished the meal, she quietly went up to the
> bar behind which the cook was stirring a large
> pot, & called softly to her to come to the
> counter. As the cook started to (perhaps)
> complain about leaving her stirring, Varo quickly
> flashed a copper at her & the lady, already
> looking tired for this new day,  came over. Varo
> thanked her quietly in Tradetalk, & slipped her
> two coppers. “For your extra service this day,
> good woman. The food was good & I thank you for
> your extra trouble for us.”  The cook looked a
> bit happier, and Varo picked up her bow & sheath
> of arrows & left to gather her horse & meet
> everyone at the East gate. Today, she wore her
> rapier & carried her self-bow over her shoulder
> with her arrows & backpack. Her shield & javelin
> were on her horse, along with her other gear. She
> still wore the tunic under her leather armor &
> the wide-brimmed hat to shade her eyes.
>
>            As she approached the gate, she looked for
> her party members, and began to introduce
> herself, just her name & where she was from
> (Nochet city in Esrolia), to the other members.
> If they seemed willing, she shook hands, but
> otherwise just nodded with respect. She knew it
> would take time to get to know everyone.
>
>            Unfortunately, she quickly learned that Tarek
> & Dusty seemed almost allergic to each other.
> Neither seemed happy with the other. For the time
> being, she dropped back towards the rear of the
> party, leading her horse until they got away from
> the more crowded gate area. When she does mount,
> she will remain in the rear half of their party
> for the time being. She silently prayed a quick
> thanks to Ernalda, then turned her eyes again to
> the road. She will not speak to anyone unless
> they speak to her first, as she is studying the
> country around her, Tarek'™s two companions & her
> own party members. Where will her role fall in this new company?
>
>            The party enters deep into the woods that
> slowly turn to moderate size forest.  Jaren asks Murask why not use the
> roads?”
>
>            “The roads go west toward Sartar proper and a
> large city.  They do go north through serious
> mountains then slightly turns north east.  But
> it'd add a week maybe even 2 weeks to our
> trip.  In this case a direct route is faster.”
>
>            As the party moves on Varen moves to the rear
> and talks to Varo. Varo can notice a strong non
> Essrola accent.  She figures he is native to her
> own land. Varen asks about her home, her business
> trips and what she trades.  Varo can tell he is a
> charmer and flirts a lot.  But being only female here may just demand that?
>
>            Around mid-sun the group stops and takes a
> lunch break.  Marusk does a perimeter tour to
> check for tracks and see what may be in the
> area.  Bears and Wolves are probably the wost
> aside from monsters.  But he returns satisfied.
>
>            Varen and Jaren talk in whispers.  As the
> Dwarf tells of great battles to entertain the group.
>
>            Varen nods to Jaren, “if we are being
> followed Marusk would've detected it.  But keep
> an eye out.”  He whispers and one can hear it.
>
>            The group moves on seeing at most a deer or
> rabbit.  The hunter in the group takes the rabbit
> down and the party has dinner tonight.  As the
> shadows draw close the sun is lowering but its
> actually only 430/5pm.  But the forest canopy makes it far darker.
>
>            Varen decides its time to camp for
> night.  The party even walking has made about 10 miles so a good amount.
>
>            Rocky has no tent so stands by the future
> campfire as the pit is being made for it.  Varo
> is in her tent as she places items in it for the
> night.  Juno has no tent but is off gathering
> wood for the fire some distance away – around 60
> feet away to east of camp.  Klorgar has no tent
> as well but is on sentry duty to the north of the
> camp about 20 feet on a clockwise patrol.  Varen
> is near Rocky and Jaren by his side.  Varen and
> Jaren have tents but are not setting the up yet.
> Razgor also has no tent so is around the future
> campfire ensuring the horses are tied up about 15 feet away.
>
>            So aside from Varo in tent, 1 on patrol and 1
> gathering wood all are around the camp center.
>
>            About 20 minutes into making camp Jaren turns
> and draws his sword.  He stares at the south and
> hears a few twigs break.  As others turn the
> sentry moves to the south as well to investigate
> but behind bushes as he moves in that direction.
>
>            “Hail!” A voice is heard coming from the shadows.
>
>            Then two men emerge from the dim light and
> around bushes.  “Greetings! May we enter the
> camp?” They are wearing light travel tunics,
> leather armor and swords still in their hip sheaths.  Varen nods.
>
>            “We were hunting and...” they get within
> about 15-20 feet of Varen and the group around
> the future campfire.  Jaren frowns and they stop
> getting the hint. “Yes.  Let's end this
> nonsense.  You,” he nods at Varen.  “left Demark
> and the Commander wants what he was owed.”
>
>            Rocky notices 2 other men about 20 feet
> behind these 2 hidden in shadows. But based on
> noise they are not hiding the fact they are there.
>
>            The speaker pulls out a item that is a round
> ball object with a stem about 3 inches under
> it.  “This here is a fire buzzer.  It will
> explode and kill us all and take some of the
> forest with it. You will return with us or we'll
> take what we are owed from the others.”
>
>            Varen stands confident, “bandits are scum! I
> owe nothing to you or your town.”  He turns to
> the others.  “Escort this scum away from here!  By Force if needed.”
>
>            The man beside the speaker draws his
> sword.  Metal can be heard as well from the 2 behind them.
>
>            Jaren pulls a axe from his back and with
> swift dexterity throws it at the speaker.  The
> axe goes flying and hits the speaker right in the
> head.  But the blade is side wise so it smacks
> him in the air not digs deep in to his
> skull.  The impact cracks skin and he stumbles
> back a couple feet as his other hand is taken off
> the fire buzzer as he tries to regain his
> balance.  He does not drop the item just holds it
> in his left hand at this point.
>
>         GM: Actions? Comments?
>
>             Next Update...Next week...Tue/Wed?
>
>         GM: I had hoped to do more.  But started update
> 6 hours late.  So to get this done so next update
> can be Saturday I rushed it out.  Let me know
> what you folks do.  I will assume armor is fully
> on. Weapons on or nearby.  If group simply wants
> to boot them out of camp then it'll be a fast
> update saturday if combat then will do it sat or Monday if run out of time.
>
>             So the one shot.  One player had to bow out
> due to emergency so just us three.  Googly I must
> admit did things bad but not so bad. It was her
> first ever rpg.  But she WAS IC as a chaotic elf
> paranoid.  With that said it did bog things down
> a bit. Even surprised Booty the gm.  So for those
> who were not there it was a modern dnd which I
> NEVER played.  Set in 1990s.  So was not
> prepared.  Spells, swords and modern gns. ;) We
> were part of a search/rescue team to hep deal
> with those who have gone inside a cave not to
> return.  From a deaf witness who was attacked
> inside we learned it was some music of some kind
> or song that made folks crazy.  So Player 101 get
> ears plugged up.  I played a Aasmiar Ranger and
> Taib/panda played a Goliath.  So 3 of us enter
> and quickly encounter a stone golem. We deal with
> it and move down a passage.  Where one member of
> team attacks us.  We incapacitate. But Goog makes
> it look like (invisible) she was attacked and
> tries to turn the 2 of us against each other.  So
> this draged on trying to figure out this
> situation.  We exit.  I Heal (lesser restoration)
> the insane person and so we save one.  We go back
> in and find a wounded Googoogly and a dead team
> mate.  We take them out and question her.  But in
> end its decided to cut our losses.  Even as at
> least 3 others are in cave missing.  Too
> dangerous.  I was outvoted but the cave was
> destroyed and so we left.  A year later we are
> watching news.  A volcano erupts at that
> spot.  The gal who ran in to find her love comes
> out and starts to sing.  Then enchants the news
> crew.  End Scene.  So a possible part 2 could be
> out eventually.  Booty admitted that he had
> countless Cultist and a lava monster in the cave
> and we'd probably have been TPKed.  Which I
> personally do not like to kill folks just like
> that.  So its good we did not follow through.  We
> did save 1 which is 1 more than last few times he
> has run that adventure.  So that's a plus.  For
> those who stayed you may have noticed easter eggs
> from me.  My name was Varen Nor Tarek.  :) Also I
> was doing stuff that will be important later in
> this adventure.  If you heard the full session or
> pulled the VOD video on demand from stream then
> you may get the gist of the easter egg.  If
> not.  Too bad.  ;)  About a hour till end of
> session I was told my headset was cutting
> in/out.  We were in Discord and I had stream
> muted.  So did not realize this.  It was a old
> headset.  But next time will use a headset I use
> for work. The other 3 were streamers so all had
> good web cam and headsets for their streaming.  I
> did not. :)  Hope you enjoyed it and I gave you a
> feel of my style and who I sounded like. :)
>
>            GM: TradeTalk Experience -
>                  From first update.  For those who talked.
>                   Rocky         -  Failed.
>                   Varo  -  Failed
>                   Juno  -  Success +5%
>                   Klorgar       -  Success +5%
>                   Razgor        -  Success +5%
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> pnpgm mailing list
> pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org
> http://www.powersandperils.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pnpgm
>


-- 
Thank You
Gerald Ford
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20211109/d991741f/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list