[pnpgm] Game Update #6 - File #41 - Dark Forest Welcomes

Tobie Bonahoom bonahoom at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 23 17:33:11 CET 2021


<Sorry I have not posted, been working a lot recently and my creative juices are low>

Klorgar does take his time after the "fight" between the troll and the dwarf. Odd that, figured it would come to blows and a battle would take place. Most trolls are not known for holding back at all.
He goes back in the Inn and gets his food, takes his time eating, watching, then checks on his gear on his horse and in his room. He cleans everything, preparing it for battle, because though nothing happened this day, there is always tomorrow for something.

He rides to the meeting location, but when he sees the reaction between his new boss and the other horse, the gets down and sets himself to walking pace with his horse, moving in military fashion as his training persists at all times.
Klorgar will talk to anyone near him, in his own tongue to see if they know it. Otherwise, he will do his best in his other tongues to establish better communication, because without quick commands, how can they be expected to protect this one. (Tarshite main, he will also test out Herotling and stumble through Stormspeech)

Whenever they stop for a quick rest or once they are going to set camp, he will check the perimeter for defensive positions. He will set himself to be able to respond from any spot in the camp to get to the outside quickly. Sitting by the fire pit, cleaning his axe, he hears the hail and quickly readys himself for anything. When the speaker says something it seems the leader gets annoyed and then an axe fly's and hits the speaker. Seeing two others ready to do battle, Klorgar moves with speed to intercept one of them from getting too close to the camp and dispatch them.


Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

________________________________
From: pnpgm <pnpgm-bounces at list.powersandperils.org> on behalf of pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 12:02 AM
To: pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org <pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org>
Subject: [pnpgm] Game Update #6 - File #41 - Dark Forest Welcomes

[Another case update copied from openoffice does
not seem to go out.  I can only assume office is
adding some special character.  So I'm pasting
this from notepad.  As result format may be
goofed .  Can see website ver to see good ver



Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Notes.....
Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
Nale...Juno.Solace......Gerald.Ford......Tracker...Human...........
Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
Male....................Gilbert.Isla...............................
Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........

Veren Nor Tarek.

        Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
        Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
        Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

        Game Update #6 sequence (file #41)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------

        Admin: None.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [Recap]

           From Varo: [Re: Actions]
                [Sorry if this seems a bit long, but I hope I
now better understand the rpg of RQ (I hope) so
trying to get into it more. I am intrigued as to how this story will go.]  ;)

                After a good, if slightly shortened, night’s sleep, Varo awoke & …

                [OOC – I am assuming a woman cook at the
ttavern; if it’s a man, you’ll have to
re-type all the pronouns – sorry ‘bout that]
           GM: Ack. A very good post.  Thanks.

        -------------------------------------------------------------
       [New Stuff]

        [Windsay, Death week, Storm Season, 1625, Dragon Pass, Genertela, Glorantha]
         [Town of Demark]
       [Time: 7:10 am – using earth equivalent for ease]

           After a good, if slightly shortened, night's
sleep, Varo awoke & made her morning prayers to
Ernalda, The Earth Queen, Lady of Earth's Balance
& Harmony. Varo tried her best to keep to a
personal schedule of morning & evening prayers,
and tried to remember a short reminder-prayer at
mid-day to help keep her in Harmony with her
surroundings & do what she can to keep the
Balance of the Earth Queen, but sometimes forgot
when she felt comfortable in her surroundings.

           She realized that today she was joining a
very mixed company, all of which were strangers
to her & to each other, under a new & temporary
employer who wanted to walk (walk!) to his
destination. She found she was a little nervous,
although not afraid. She took a couple minutes,
after her packing was complete, to meditate on
this new venture & realized she would have to
learn to deal with this as a student learning of
new cultures in class – only this class was on
the road! She gathered  her pack & gear, and
ventured to the stables, where it was still dark,
and saddled & packed her gear on her horse, much
to Dusty's pre-dawn disgust, then walked the mare
to a hitching post outside the tavern & putting
an nosebag on the sleepy mare for an oats snack, entered the tavern to eat.

           Varo realized she had been too cheerful & in
a celebratory mood last night, and realized this
morning that although breakfast was a good, solid
meal, that the cook looked distinctly grouchy. As
she finished the meal, she quietly went up to the
bar behind which the cook was stirring a large
pot, & called softly to her to come to the
counter. As the cook started to (perhaps)
complain about leaving her stirring, Varo quickly
flashed a copper at her & the lady, already
looking tired for this new day,  came over. Varo
thanked her quietly in Tradetalk, & slipped her
two coppers. “For your extra service this day,
good woman. The food was good & I thank you for
your extra trouble for us.”  The cook looked a
bit happier, and Varo picked up her bow & sheath
of arrows & left to gather her horse & meet
everyone at the East gate. Today, she wore her
rapier & carried her self-bow over her shoulder
with her arrows & backpack. Her shield & javelin
were on her horse, along with her other gear. She
still wore the tunic under her leather armor &
the wide-brimmed hat to shade her eyes.

           As she approached the gate, she looked for
her party members, and began to introduce
herself, just her name & where she was from
(Nochet city in Esrolia), to the other members.
If they seemed willing, she shook hands, but
otherwise just nodded with respect. She knew it
would take time to get to know everyone.

           Unfortunately, she quickly learned that Tarek
& Dusty seemed almost allergic to each other.
Neither seemed happy with the other. For the time
being, she dropped back towards the rear of the
party, leading her horse until they got away from
the more crowded gate area. When she does mount,
she will remain in the rear half of their party
for the time being. She silently prayed a quick
thanks to Ernalda, then turned her eyes again to
the road. She will not speak to anyone unless
they speak to her first, as she is studying the
country around her, Tarek'™s two companions & her
own party members. Where will her role fall in this new company?

           The party enters deep into the woods that
slowly turn to moderate size forest.  Jaren asks Murask why not use the roads?”

           “The roads go west toward Sartar proper and a
large city.  They do go north through serious
mountains then slightly turns north east.  But
it'd add a week maybe even 2 weeks to our
trip.  In this case a direct route is faster.”

           As the party moves on Varen moves to the rear
and talks to Varo. Varo can notice a strong non
Essrola accent.  She figures he is native to her
own land. Varen asks about her home, her business
trips and what she trades.  Varo can tell he is a
charmer and flirts a lot.  But being only female here may just demand that?

           Around mid-sun the group stops and takes a
lunch break.  Marusk does a perimeter tour to
check for tracks and see what may be in the
area.  Bears and Wolves are probably the wost
aside from monsters.  But he returns satisfied.

           Varen and Jaren talk in whispers.  As the
Dwarf tells of great battles to entertain the group.

           Varen nods to Jaren, “if we are being
followed Marusk would've detected it.  But keep
an eye out.”  He whispers and one can hear it.

           The group moves on seeing at most a deer or
rabbit.  The hunter in the group takes the rabbit
down and the party has dinner tonight.  As the
shadows draw close the sun is lowering but its
actually only 430/5pm.  But the forest canopy makes it far darker.

           Varen decides its time to camp for
night.  The party even walking has made about 10 miles so a good amount.

           Rocky has no tent so stands by the future
campfire as the pit is being made for it.  Varo
is in her tent as she places items in it for the
night.  Juno has no tent but is off gathering
wood for the fire some distance away – around 60
feet away to east of camp.  Klorgar has no tent
as well but is on sentry duty to the north of the
camp about 20 feet on a clockwise patrol.  Varen
is near Rocky and Jaren by his side.  Varen and
Jaren have tents but are not setting the up yet.
Razgor also has no tent so is around the future
campfire ensuring the horses are tied up about 15 feet away.

           So aside from Varo in tent, 1 on patrol and 1
gathering wood all are around the camp center.

           About 20 minutes into making camp Jaren turns
and draws his sword.  He stares at the south and
hears a few twigs break.  As others turn the
sentry moves to the south as well to investigate
but behind bushes as he moves in that direction.

           “Hail!” A voice is heard coming from the shadows.

           Then two men emerge from the dim light and
around bushes.  “Greetings! May we enter the
camp?” They are wearing light travel tunics,
leather armor and swords still in their hip sheaths.  Varen nods.

           “We were hunting and...” they get within
about 15-20 feet of Varen and the group around
the future campfire.  Jaren frowns and they stop
getting the hint. “Yes.  Let's end this
nonsense.  You,” he nods at Varen.  “left Demark
and the Commander wants what he was owed.”

           Rocky notices 2 other men about 20 feet
behind these 2 hidden in shadows. But based on
noise they are not hiding the fact they are there.

           The speaker pulls out a item that is a round
ball object with a stem about 3 inches under
it.  “This here is a fire buzzer.  It will
explode and kill us all and take some of the
forest with it. You will return with us or we'll
take what we are owed from the others.”

           Varen stands confident, “bandits are scum! I
owe nothing to you or your town.”  He turns to
the others.  “Escort this scum away from here!  By Force if needed.”

           The man beside the speaker draws his
sword.  Metal can be heard as well from the 2 behind them.

           Jaren pulls a axe from his back and with
swift dexterity throws it at the speaker.  The
axe goes flying and hits the speaker right in the
head.  But the blade is side wise so it smacks
him in the air not digs deep in to his
skull.  The impact cracks skin and he stumbles
back a couple feet as his other hand is taken off
the fire buzzer as he tries to regain his
balance.  He does not drop the item just holds it
in his left hand at this point.

        GM: Actions? Comments?

            Next Update...Next week...Tue/Wed?

        GM: I had hoped to do more.  But started update
6 hours late.  So to get this done so next update
can be Saturday I rushed it out.  Let me know
what you folks do.  I will assume armor is fully
on. Weapons on or nearby.  If group simply wants
to boot them out of camp then it'll be a fast
update saturday if combat then will do it sat or Monday if run out of time.

            So the one shot.  One player had to bow out
due to emergency so just us three.  Googly I must
admit did things bad but not so bad. It was her
first ever rpg.  But she WAS IC as a chaotic elf
paranoid.  With that said it did bog things down
a bit. Even surprised Booty the gm.  So for those
who were not there it was a modern dnd which I
NEVER played.  Set in 1990s.  So was not
prepared.  Spells, swords and modern gns. ;) We
were part of a search/rescue team to hep deal
with those who have gone inside a cave not to
return.  From a deaf witness who was attacked
inside we learned it was some music of some kind
or song that made folks crazy.  So Player 101 get
ears plugged up.  I played a Aasmiar Ranger and
Taib/panda played a Goliath.  So 3 of us enter
and quickly encounter a stone golem. We deal with
it and move down a passage.  Where one member of
team attacks us.  We incapacitate. But Goog makes
it look like (invisible) she was attacked and
tries to turn the 2 of us against each other.  So
this draged on trying to figure out this
situation.  We exit.  I Heal (lesser restoration)
the insane person and so we save one.  We go back
in and find a wounded Googoogly and a dead team
mate.  We take them out and question her.  But in
end its decided to cut our losses.  Even as at
least 3 others are in cave missing.  Too
dangerous.  I was outvoted but the cave was
destroyed and so we left.  A year later we are
watching news.  A volcano erupts at that
spot.  The gal who ran in to find her love comes
out and starts to sing.  Then enchants the news
crew.  End Scene.  So a possible part 2 could be
out eventually.  Booty admitted that he had
countless Cultist and a lava monster in the cave
and we'd probably have been TPKed.  Which I
personally do not like to kill folks just like
that.  So its good we did not follow through.  We
did save 1 which is 1 more than last few times he
has run that adventure.  So that's a plus.  For
those who stayed you may have noticed easter eggs
from me.  My name was Varen Nor Tarek.  :) Also I
was doing stuff that will be important later in
this adventure.  If you heard the full session or
pulled the VOD video on demand from stream then
you may get the gist of the easter egg.  If
not.  Too bad.  ;)  About a hour till end of
session I was told my headset was cutting
in/out.  We were in Discord and I had stream
muted.  So did not realize this.  It was a old
headset.  But next time will use a headset I use
for work. The other 3 were streamers so all had
good web cam and headsets for their streaming.  I
did not. :)  Hope you enjoyed it and I gave you a
feel of my style and who I sounded like. :)

           GM: TradeTalk Experience -
                 From first update.  For those who talked.
                  Rocky   -  Failed.
                  Varo    -  Failed
                  Juno    -  Success +5%
                   Klorgar        -  Success +5%
                  Razgor -  Success +5%


_______________________________________________
pnpgm mailing list
pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org
http://www.powersandperils.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pnpgm
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20211123/1200b9d7/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list