[pnpgm] Dorhak

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Sat May 5 03:58:51 CEST 2018

  Arawn, who continued to act as interpreter where he could, glanced over at Fremea when Dorhak drew attention her way with crossed arms and cocked brow. However he said nothing, having initiated a conversation with the faerry on the topic a short while earlier. Only when the dwarf moved on to other issues did he speak up.

   "I'm trained as a shipwright/naval architect and can assist as both a seaman and backup navigator," Arawn chimed in. "Regarding supplies, we can figure out the details a bit later once the exact route has been planned. Food and drink of course; arms and armor for those without; and some gear to help out any swept overboard in case things go poorly, at the least.

   And learning swimming for those who can't might be wise while we're in Marentia.

   As to steeds, we can leave them here. Once we've reached our destination I can retrieve them. The question is whether we'll be using a wagon to reach our destination and if the dwarves will ride within or on their own."

   "For our destination I say we look over Raddok's map. The translated notes mentioned a contact in a tavern in what sounded like a coastal city. Raddok or the dwarves should be able to point it out to us and I say we aim there.

   I doubt the contact will know who we are and, if we're lucky, we might be able to impersonate the slavers. Or lacking that use subtler methods to pry the information from him," he said, glancing at Mae. "And move forward from there."

   "I can rework the ship's appearance and name a bit in case there's concern over being identified by any risky parties. Possibly the smugglers hold as well. And, before finally heading out, I can perform a ceremony to invoke the blessings of the sea gods if you're willing."

   He waited for Dorhak and the others to share their thoughts before adding,

   "Z'leyra, you saw the man who sold out the dwarven village. Could you use an illusion to present his image to the dwarves? It's best they, and we, know who he is for safety and justice.
   And can you check on what was crafted in the smuggler's hold? I'd like to know just what this seemingly significant item was."