[pnpgm] Dorhak

Dorhak Red Wall dorhak at comcast.net
Fri May 4 06:49:13 CEST 2018

Dorhak is somewhat taken aback by the tall dark woman's suggestion that he 'lead' this...what would you call it?  Adventure?  Mission?

"Lass, are you sure about what you are suggestin'?  Ah haven’t been with you all for long, and hardly seen any of you these past three months."

Dorhak wipes his face with his hand, making an ugly look.  He's obviously thinking hard about something.  "Ahm not used to leading a group this large.  What leading I have done was in combat and ahm thinkin' this might take a wee bit more than that.  However, I think I must accept.  These were my kin they kidnapped, and we dwarves don’t take such slight lightly."

"Alright, then.  We have a ship, but no crew.  I know a few of you have experience on these boats, but few of us dwarves have any such experience.  Truth is, going out on the water gives me the willies!  But ah ain’t no coward, and some justice must be done.  So...Captain Damon!  Do you know of anyone we could trust to take this boat, and the lot of us, to this island?"

to the the rest of the people, he says "I have some conditions for those of you that might join us.  First...stop with the secrets.  Our very lives count on all of us knowing and understanding what each of us is about and what we can do.  So, there will be time enough on board to tell stories.  Secondly.  I have heard tales about how some of you rather like to wander off by yourselves sometimes, and not tell people where you are going...or even when you are going."  He crosses his arms and faces Fremea while arching a brow.  "We'll have none of that.  It may work for you, but eventually someone’s luck runs out."

"now, I think I might be able to contribute a fair amount since they wanted dwarves...and it sounds like some of what we have to do is underground."  He smiles at the thought of that. "However, any ideas are welcome.  Don’t hesitate to suggest, just don’t be impertinent."

"So...who's in?"

"So...what supplies will we need?  Will we want horses?  How should we get there and where will we land?  I rather suggest floating right up to that little village with our boat might not be the smartest thing."

dorhak quietly waits for the others to speak.