[pnpgm] What Was Seen -

Murtha, Mark Mark.Murtha at tylertech.com
Fri Mar 11 22:09:58 CET 2016

>            [Ticasi Moneylender shop]
>            [Time: 7:08 am]
>
>              "I do not deal with metals.  The merchant ship captains do
>            all that at the docks.  My wife likes these things.." He picks
>            up a small statue of a slick tiger like animal leaping over
>            a log in mid stride.  Kell knows these tourist things are all
>            over the place.  "So those she doesn't like I sell.  It
>            is more a hobby thing.  Most here in town see it fruitless with
>            their studies.  But there are visitors who buy these things.
>            They like them from as far wide as Gom and Bhamotin.  As to
>            Smith."  He places the small thing on the table and stacks a
>            few others.  "He charges high interest and when one can't
>            pay well ...let's just say the healers are busy after that.
>            Any kind of deal would have to be worth it. Shipping by land
>            would take 1 to 2 months.  By boat maybe a month.  Losses happen
>            and so a good contract would be in order. What do you have in
>            mind?"
>
>              Arawn looks to Kell like what have you gotten him into?  They
>            are due back to court very shortly.

Kell takes Arawn's hint about the court.  It's time to go.  He ends with, "I'm sorry, we have a short appointment.  I will try to return this afternoon to talk about it more.  Thank you so much for all your help!"

>            [Time: 10:30 am]
>
>              The first man stands 6 foot 5 and 235 pounds.  Has black hair
>            and around 24-25.  He is wearing a sky blue tunic with brown
>              The second man stands 6' 2 and only about 170 pounds.  He is
>            maybe 20-21.  The man has light brown hair as if in the sun for
>
>              Hammerhand waves to the two men.  "I'm told these two men
>            will be coming with you to ensure justice and the real killer
>            is found?"  He looks at Z'leyra with a stern look.  He points
>            to the man with the whip, "This is Lucria Cegra he  is one
>            of the city's best bounty hunters.  I'm told he has been in
>            many lands.  This is Fuk Newsome and he is a Chief in the
>            Constables and is regarded as one of their best.  He is one
>            of their best trackers and top men.  Occasionally he has to
>            gone to some lands but not as well traveled as Cegra."
>
>              The men nod and watch Z'leyra.  Z'leyra introduces the
>            party to the men.  The scholar did say she would be helped
>            by these two men but figured it would be later.  Maybe he
>            wants her to leave sooner.

[Did you really name an NPC Fuk?   ...  :)  ]
Ha'Kell approaches the taller man, "That is a very interesting name.  Are you from here?"

---

Z'leyra goes over to where the clothes had been left and starts searching for any sign of the clothes, saying "The person shape changed"
she frowns..."into a wolf here and may have left clothes on the ground.
While the clothes may have been found in the meantime and taken away, if we can find even a scrap I may be able to use it to help trace the killer. Oh yes, the horse that had been ridden was seen in the last Akasha but not this one."

     "The horse had been black with a thin white stripe on the lower left leg. No brand. A typical looking saddle that had a mark looking like a circle with a half square. We can try to trace the horse and perhaps get a clue."
--------

Kell is no tracker, so he won't even try looking.  He will start to intone and gently wave his hands to cast a few spells.  "Stand back for a few moments please, do not bring any clothing or wolves near." he asks the group before he begins casting.

 [Cast Luck at Max EL.
    Then cast Detection at Max EL - detection for clothes/scraps of cloth that are not on a person, on the ground or plants.  If it fails, try again.

   Then cast Detection for Wolf hairs.  If that fails, try again.

  At any time in those, when Luck runs out, cast it again before the next Detection spell.

The duplicates are to be sure the spells are cast successfully.  ]

He then gives the results for all to hear.

Mark Murtha
Implementation Consultant, Local Government Division
P: 800.554.4434