[pnpgm] Game Update #44 - File #326 - Courtroom Mystery revealed

Murtha, Mark Mark.Murtha at tylertech.com
Thu Mar 3 16:52:44 CET 2016

>            Or maybe it is Taco Tuesday. We all love Taco Tuesday, with
>            the Taco man. :)  ]
>          GM: Ack.  No no! I not a fan of tacos.  IT is Ice Cream Fridays!
[Oh, Ice Cream Fridays work too!!  Maybe Quesadilla afternoons? ]

>        ------------------------------------------------------------
>        [New Stuff]
>
>            [Ticasi]
>            [Decalis 24th, 1634TH]
>
>            [Time: 3:26 pm]
>
>              Before Z'leyra is escorted to the courthouse, Arawn asks
>            a question.
>
>              "Yes, we are identical, but I refuse to believe that she had
>            anything to do with this. She loved our father and he kept his
>            oaths. There would be no reason for her to kill him."
>
>              The law dean looks to Z'leyra and frowns.  "One that just
>            looks like you?  Where is she now?"

Ha'Kell thinks about this, it is the most direct and straight forward explanation.  An identical twin would explain all of the unknowns, except motive. What is the motive?

----------------------

>            [Time: 6:32 pm]
>
>              All eyes turn to Martin who pales and then turns 5 shades
>            of red.  If looks could kill Z'leyra would be ash.    "Fine!"

Kell looks directly at Mr Smith, the scumbag, and gives him a huge smile, showing off his white teeth and handsome face, and shoving it right into that jerk's brain.  He will revel in this time and do what is possible to bring Mr Smith down.

------------------

>            [Time: 6:43 pm]
>
>              The party rushes out to see where Z'leyra is heading and
>            to ensure she can be protected.  Arawn calls for Corona
>            but he is nowhere in sight.  That could only mean that
>            he has seen her and flown overhead.  Fremea uses a tree
>            and removes her dress and flies around the courthouse faster
>            than the party could run and finds no sign of her as he
>            was escorted away fast.

Hmm, where is Corona?  That eagle has been very prominent, is there some connection between Corona and?

>              As the group waits outside a constable comes and finds the
>            party.  "Whom is Kiet Sunan?"  The party points to Kiet.
>            "The chief investigator would like to have you downstairs
>            in the basement to give your side of things please."

Kell will listen to Kiet explain things, and if given the opportunity will add a small piece of news.  "As far as I know, Poorda never intended to sell her house.  The Ki Land Development company even offered her a very large offer which she declined.  Perhaps the Ki Land company can verify this as I'm sure they have good records on what they purchase and offers made.  The only way Martin Smith could plan to start construction on their new school is if they have the land, which they did not until today with Poorda's death.  That is either a very, very large coincidence or Martin Smith had foreknowledge of some sort."

"I don't believe that Milo Smith or the Ki Land Development had anything to do with this.  Whilst it is possible, both have acted with honor and honesty throughout these events.  Martin Smith is the driving force, with his son Gar."

[Going to see Z that night, Kiet has the wine and others may go too ]

Kell will go with Kiet to see Z'leyra that evening, and bring some decent food from a tavern along with the wine.

After Kiet is done the half-elf adds, "The Ki Land company doesn't have anything to do with Poorda's murder. The only they have is they work for Martin Smith."  Taking a few bites of the dinner.

-

Mark Murtha
Implementation Consultant, Local Government Division
P: 800.554.4434