[pnpgm] Game Update #124 - File #481 - Party leaves Samma

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Feb 17 06:37:00 CET 2015


   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   JH Hooten............YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #124 in sequence (file #481)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: In the roster above I have horse types.  That was based
      on Marentia.  Since the travel is only 5 days disregard the above.
      I just keep it in roster for future use.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          OOC:
          For some reason I thought in at least one of the posts it had
          been mentioned that the gold was going to be given to the
          Liberation Front, hence Arawn's comments. Just thought I'd
          mention it in case anyone's wondering why he mentioned it.

          IC:
          Arawn listened to the reasoning of the others as they
          discussed the gold with careful deliberation.

          "For some reason I was under the assumption that the gold....
          _________________

          Arawn gave a nod when Raban suggested discussing plans to
          mislead Varange until they were settled in camp. Another
          followed when Fremea made the decision to head out, saving the
          hunt for the Moon- Gort until the party was comfortably settled
          in elsewhere.

          Horses:

          Arawn is good with a Riding Horse III unless the party sees a
          need for him to move up to a Riding Horse IV for the extra speed.
          And assuming he can ride fast enough to do so effectively he can
          help act as a scout alongside any of the other riders. Arawn can
          purchase the horse and necessary equipment unless the party sees
          a reason to stick to renting.

          Gem:

          Arawn would like to work on the Medium Dark Ruby (80 sc value)
          in an effort to improve it through his Jeweler/Gem Cutter skill.
          If anyone is uncomfortable with this please feel free to post.
        GM: Ack. As to gold it might've been.  But that was before the
            loot at the estate was discovered.  My guess.  What they don't
            know won't hurt them.  Best scout will always probably be
            Corona.  Only large stuff is magical able.  So medium is
            just a normal item.  As to improving it I'd have to find
            rules n that as the item is probably finalized.

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Kiet hears Arawn mumbling something about the very nice dark
          ruby gem. He thinks about it for a bit and says "I don't...

          Kiet will be happy to drive the wagon, though he would prefer
          to just use a horse.  Before we all leave, Kiet will change his
          appearance again...to what looks like his old riding tutor.  EL4
          Personal llusion using Wand and battery if still available.
        GM: Ack. Had to use Battery mana as Wand almost tapped out.  BTW
            this illusion is only 2 hours.  Odd.  I actually thought it
            was weeks.  Hmmm... Good news is updating mana chart miscalced
            the mana remaining so you have 4 more mana from the aides.
            Kiet if you want to get a horse I've reconsidered a bit
            f things let me know.  I believe I said before which you
            can handle.  Let me know if rent or buy.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          "Nay, I do not claim it as my own. I only wish to practice my
        GM: Ack.

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Kiet hears this and responds "I had the same idea, but ...
        GM: Ack.  Feel free to battle to the death for it.  Might be fun
            to watch. :) Again a small item can't be poofed into a large
            magical item.  I believe the stones are set already not much you
            can do.  I'll have to check book 4 again but either the gem are
            workable if I recall and jewels are not.  Something like that
            but if you guys deal with this stuff I guess I'll have to dust
            those rules off.  Most sell as or just fashion into jewelry
            not cut them into other forms.

      ------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 5:18:22 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Arawn listened to the reasoning of the others as they
          discussed the gold with careful deliberation.

            "For some reason I was under the assumption that the gold
          was to be given to the liberation front," he said after a moment
          of reflection. "But it seems that they've been well supplied in
          the aftermath of the strike against the estate.  Gold is a
          resource that provides opportunity, valuable though nothing I
          crave, but I would not begrudge anyone here compensation for the
          sacrifice at the estate."

            Arawn slid the bag of gold forward for the party to dispense
          as they saw fit.

            "And thank you for the information, Raban. I'll get the
          contact information from you and see to delivering the
          information before leaving this place."

            Raban glances at Arawn, "never fear.  You are our moral
          high ground in this group."  He glances briefly at Kiet
          which seems to unnerve the acrobat.  Then as he turns his
          head back to Arawn a grin forms.  "It would not be unlike
          you to be generous.  If you had taken it all then we'd
          worry and figure you an imposter."


          [Time: 5:20:17 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Arawn jots to the messenger vendor down the street.  He
          make for Roerick about the Captain being  part oft he slave
          trade.  The vendor asks if he wants it sealed or as handed.
          Arawn decides to seal it and the vendor does this using
          wax and a merchant seal.  The vendor charges only 8 BB since
          the boys are unskilled.  But Arawn gives a copper over.  He
          then tells the boy of maybe 15 the address of the bakery.


          [Time: 5:23:33 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Arawn notes the ruby as interesting.

            Kiet hears Arawn mumbling something about the very nice dark
          ruby gem. He thinks about it for a bit and says, "I don't have
          any big problem with that, Arawn.  I was myself thinking that I
          might have as a portion of my share as many of the gems as
          possible (still keeping the portions of equal value!) so I
          might practice and improve my jewelry skills when we get home.
          Even the near worthless ones.  It might give me something to do
          while my mana regenerates."

            "One gem out of dozens is not important, but keep in mind
          that particular gem might be made into some jewelry worth over
          30gc. Not an insignificant amount."

            "Nay, I do not claim it as my own. I only wish to practice
          my skills upon it and then return it to the hoard," Arawn
          replied, allowing an amiable smile to half-form.

            "Worry not on the fate of the stone. My skill with stone
          is excellent and I near mastery though, as always, luck may
          see fit to confound me."

            Kiet hears this and responds. "I had the same idea, but I
          expect I will have plenty of time on my hands. I was thinking
          of perhaps starting with the smaller, less valuable gems and
          make my mistakes there, then work up my way to the possibly
          better stones.  Really, in order to make and use the stone for
          any enchantment (I am thinking as a defensive item), we have to
          start it out as virgin materials.. and jewels have been...um...
          altered from their original states."

            "Basically, I am thinking of making defensive magic items to
          sell in the future.  And as special gifts to a few people.  I
          think they might find a fine market in Sivas...and maybe
          beyond."

            Raban packs a set of blankets into the wagon that he paid
          for himself. Should be enough to keep the horses all warm
          with the blankets.  If the females need to be warmed well
          there is always his tent.

            Arawn earlier while waiting for others to arrive got some supplies
          for Etain for travel.  A bedroll, blanket and some warmer clothing
          if needed.  He pays 3 silver and Etain is grateful.  Arawn buys
          a nice Riding Horse 3 from the stable with full gear.  The owner
          gives them a nice deal for multiple rents/purchases.  Those who
          rent get horses with the stables brands so they can be returned
          later.  He explains they have a branch in the capital that can
          return them.


          [Time: 5:30:00 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Kell looks at Kiet's new face.  "With you changing faces
          so much I hope folks don't sleep walk and kill you thinking
          your some intruder."  He smiles then gets serious.  "Hiding
          your face is one thing.  But you think folks don't miss that
          big mountain of a man there?  Kind of sticks out."  Kell
          nods toward Raban who is checking his magical saddle from
          the High Elder.

            The party decides on the mode of transportation and then
          forms up.  Anyone heading to get supplies should've been
          done by now.  The group heads to the North West Gate.
          The tension rises as this is a critical time.  If they are
          wanted they'll be stopped.  Then they'll have to flee very
          fast.  This is the true test of their last day and a half
          of work.

            Raban lumbers toward the gate first a bit ahead of the
          others.  There are plenty of people here.  Farmers heading
          to their farms with empty carts.  Tired families on foot
          or other means heading into town for rest.  It is clear
          this time of day most would not be leaving the city who
          did not live nearby.  Most caravan and travelers are long
          gone by now.

            There are about a dozen guards nearby.  This is not that
          unusual as the night winds down the city begins a lock
          down of sorts.  Gates remain open but orderly traffic must
          be sustained.  Plus some are getting ready to change shifts
          to new set of guards.

            "...yeah the rumor is that the warehouse fire was set by
          some drug idiots who mixed the wrong stuff..."  A guard
          is heard by Raban as he passes and exits the gate without
          any notice other than his size.

            Then the others pass.  As each passes bits and pieces of
          gossip can be heard from citizens or guards.

            "No!  The military center was attacked by enraged ape
          monster things."

            "But how did they break through the door?"

            "One window upstairs was busted maybe they climbed."

            "Why would apes enter a place like that you idiot?"

            "Because they are enraged beasts!"

            Another set of guards can be heard by Z'leyra and Arawn.

            "Mavac turned bad?  Didn't he get that Blue Cross like
          five years ago?"

            "Yeah.  But if the reports are coming in are correct he
          robbed a merchant."

            "I don't believe it.  We played cards like two months ago.
          He was annoying and rude but ...corrupt?"

            "But after Tenton was caught with that underage girl by
          his wife and they learned it was a slave!  If that guy..."
          The whispers trail off as folks pass by.

            Unali is the last to leave the gate.  At this point with
          not even a glance or stop order.  She can hear two citizens
          talking a couple passing.

            "This place is getting bad to live.  First the attack on
          the tax collector out east by the rebels and now places
          being burnt down and such."

            "I saw the flames from our place.  It was big.  Did
          you see those lightning strikes?  They must've used
          magic to douse the fire."

            "That stuff creeps me out.  Maybe I should go back
          to the farm.  Might be safer..."

          [Time: 6:00:00 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            A half hour later the party regroups and heads north down
          the second road.  The sun is low and a camp will need to be
          made in about 20 minutes to get a fire going due to the crisp
          cold.

          [Time: 6:21:04 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            The party does not get far out.  In fact they only get
          a bit over 4 miles.  The sun is so low a camp has to be
          made quickly.  Everyone heads off the road about half a
          mile.  In the open plains there is little cover here.  Everyone
          helps to gather wood including Corona.

          [Time: 6:42:11 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            The fire is roaring and watches are assigned.  The party
          discusses their plans for the future.

            Kell speaks up, "the gate had that wall map.  It was old
          but pretty detailed.  The road will take us right to Donara
          itself.  It is 135-140 miles.  Varange said he wanted us
          at the tavern in one week.  It might be close.  This chase
          on the mage and flower might divert our time.  There is a
          town halfway we can stop and get supplies.  But other than
          that maybe a very small road station if that.  Most towns
          are off the road along the way."

          [Time: 7:00:00 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            The party sits down at the roaring fire and finish their
          tents work.  Raban decides to buy some fresh meat, cheese, wine
          and vegetables from the general store for everyone.  So the
          group sits down to a nice meal in the cold plains.

                                 ---------------

          [Sepes 30th, 1634TH]
          [Location: North of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 5:57:33 am - Plains north of Samma, Donara]

            Z'leyra wakes to Corona landing nearby and warming the few last
          bits of firewood with his eyes.  Just enough to remove the cold
          chill of the morning before moving on.  The sun has not risen but
          should be in a half hour or so.  Though it is in the 40s or so
          the campfire helps to warm the group.

            Z'leyra exits the tent and looks around hearing the noise
          and sounds of the land.  Seems like in the distance some bats
          are returning to roost.  Z'leyra grabs a new shirt to change
          and starts to do this.

            Kell on sentry since 4am nods to her.  He moves to the wagon
          and checks the horses tied there.  As he passes he does a double
          take at the half naked Z'leyra.  He then stops and turns around.
          "Ahh...look."  He points to Z'leyra left ribs.  Z'leyra looks
          down and notices a boil of some sort.

            Concerned the healer does a quick check using her hands.  She
          finds two more boils on her back.  One on her leg and one near
          her left arm pit.  She looks up at Kell in confusion.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update...Friday?

          GM: A small update but a good leap forward.  Once we
              leave the city we are in phase 4 the last phase of
              the adventure.  If we did this table top it'd be
              about 1-2 hours for travel.  Maybe 3-4 for Donara
              stuff and we are done.  What that translates to
              PBEM time.  Who knows.  I suspect a week for the
              side trips each so two weeks?  Then maybe a month
              in Donara?   My guess.  So who knows.  Maybe by
              April we might be done.  But things do get side tracked.
              :)  So who knows.

          GM: Ok.  Some logistics issue.  It really does not matter
              how the party goes.  But I've learned that the wagon
              will be slower than expected. I figured as fast as
              the horses but guess not realistic.  The Riding Horse 3s
              goes 29 miles per day.  But the wagon might only get
              20 a day.  From a quick google search some sites say
              16 or 18-23 hours.  Now it is 140 miles (Just nice
              round # or 7 hexes). Roads increase speed by double.
              After some consideration I'll consider the wagon will
              do 30 miles per day.  This is a bit less than the 40
              due to weight issues (folks in back).  So that's almost
              5 full days of travel.  So I guess there will be 2 spare
              days for the side trips.  That works now that I think
              of it.  Here is the setup below.

              Drive- Kiet, Kell (up front)
              Back - Fremea, Will, Etain (back of wagon)
              Horseback - Arawn, Raban, Unali, Z'leyra

              So wagon might have 600 or so pounds if I estimate. The
              bulk is Will.  But since his riding is low he'd slow the
              entire group by half.  So he needs to be in back.

              Will can ride at best only RH1s which are 25 miles per day.
              It would take still 5 days regardless.  But about half a day
              less in speed.  So the margin of time might be critical.

              If the above needs to change let me know.  If no comments
              I'll assume above.  If the wagon needs to be ditched and
              just use horses let me know.  Fremea can fly or even ride
              with another.  Etain can ride RH2.  Kell can ride RH3.  Kiet
              can ride RH2.

                 Options      Speed         Days
              Wagon            30        Almost 5 days + c1  hours
              Riding Horse I   25        Almost 5 days + C7  hours
              Riding Horse 2   27        Almost 5 days + c2  hours
              Riding Horse 3   29        Almost 4 days + c10 hours

              If my math is correct you can see its minor a difference
              of maybe 9 hours.  So its NOT a big deal.

              folks to change this setup are:
              Kiet and Will.  Kell, Etain will ride if need be.
              Fremea can fly/ride.  So in the end it is up to Kiet/Will
              you two decides what method above the party should go.
              If Will rides though that means RH1. :<  This is mostly
              if you want to practice more horsemanship or not.  Let me know.


          GM: Schedule of events -

              [Sepes 29th, 1634TH] - Rest at night first Camp night
              [Sepes 30th, 1634TH] - Travel
              [Sepes 31st, 1634TH] - Full Moon, Flower hunt at night
              [Octagi 1st, 1634TH]
              [Octagi 2nd, 1634TH]
              [Octagi 3rd, 1634TH]
              [Octagi 4th, 1634TH]
              [Octagi 5th, 1634TH] - Expected to be at Donara by noon

              So since the full moon is defined it would have to be
              on the 31st.  As to looking for Mage you guys will have
              to decide when to do it.  So for a mini IBT time plan
              for SEVEN days.  But if it takes 5 then I'll just cut
              off the last 2 days.  Keep in mind mana regen may be a
              good thing to do.  :)

              Since the moon night is predefined the hunt will need to
              be decided by Arawn on the` mage how/when in the list above.

          GM: Actions needed:

              * Changes in Transportation need to know soon. if any
              * 7 Days of mini IBT
              * Flower hunt.  I assume this will be mainly Arawn but
                if he is to include others he needs to let me know.
                John I still have notes on this.  I'll email them
                so if you need to adapt.  Let me now on your final
                plans to find the flower.  It could be 10 feet away
                or a thousand miles away.
              * Mage Hunt - Will need those details and when on the
                timeline.

              I'll determine any random encounters soon.  Once the
              two big tasks are done we'll move onto the Capital.
              I'll allow IBT for a bit more time at that time unless
              it conflicts with actions in the city (ie that 1 point
              of EL might mean life/death!).

          GM: Mana report updated - Congrats to Arawn for skill increase
              (see chart bottom). I'll edit out the experience in a couple
              updates to clear the clutter away.  The mana should be correct.
              It shows what is left mana wise.  So keep this in mind for
              actions.

          GM: Treasure -

              * +8 Gold for selling count's horses

              Coins added to sheets:
                Gold    - 11 each leaving 5 leftover for party
                Silver  - 36 each leaving 5 leftover for party
                Copper  - 51 each leaving 3 leftover for party

              Sheets have been added.  The overflow I'll note below for my
              records for expenses if needed.

                 To Party -
                 Potion of Cure Poison, MEL 3  EL 2, 13 ounces
                 Gem : Small, nearly flawless, average clarity, Jacinth, 3.2 SC
                 Gem : Medium, minimal flawed, fine clarity, Jade, 6.4 SC
                 Gem : Small, minimal flawed, average clarity, Snake 
Stone, 2.0 SC
                 Gem : Small, flawless, dull, Amethyst, 4.0 SC
                 Gem : Medium, minimal flawed, average clarity, Garnet, 1.8 SC
                 Gem : Small, minimal flawed, average clarity, 
Tourmaline, 3.0 SC
                 Gem : Medium, nearly flawless, average clarity, 
Carbuncle, 5.0 SC
                 Gem : Small, slightly flawed, fine clarity, Topaz, 4.0 SC
                 Gem : Large, minimal flawed, average clarity, Lapiz 
Lazuli, 10.0 SC
                 Gem : Small, minimal flawed, average clarity, Dark 
Ruby, 8.0 SC
                 Gem : Medium, flawless, average clarity, Dark Ruby, 80.0 SC
                 Jewelry : Small, minimal flawed, fine clarity, Opal, 36.0 SC
                 Jewelry : Medium, minimal flawed, average clarity, 
Carbuncle, 32.0 SC
                 Jewelry : Medium, minimal flawed, average clarity, 
Snake Stone, 80.0 SC
                 Jewelry : Small, minimal flawed, brilliant, Turquoise, 16.8 SC
                 Jewelry : Medium, slightly flawed, brilliant, Ruby, 184.0 SC
                 Jewelry : Small, minimal flawed, fine clarity, Onyx, 27.0 SC
                 Jewelry : Small, minimal flawed, fine clarity, Snake 
Stone, 72.0 SC
                 Jewel : Small, slightly flawed, average clarity, 
Star Sapphire, 50.0 SC
                 Jewel : Small, minimal flawed, dull, Carnelian, 15.0 SC
                 Jewel : Medium, minimal flawed, clouded, Snake Stone, 36.0 SC
                 Jewel : Medium, minimal flawed, average clarity, 
Turquoise, 11.2 SC
                 Jewel : Small, nearly flawless, brilliant, Snake 
Stone, 38.0 SC
                 Jewel : Small, minimal flawed, dull, Tourmaline, 30.0 SC
                 Jewel : Large, slightly flawed, average clarity, 
Turquoise, 9.6 SC
                 Jewel : Small, minimal flawed, average clarity, 
Turquoise, 9.6 SC
                 Jewel : Large, flawless, average clarity, Agate, 18.4 SC
                 Gold Gorget, 92 SC
                 Copper Necklace, 21 CC
                 Platinum Crown, 405 SC
                 Talisman of Attribute Effect, MEL 4  EL 2
                 Gold - 5, Silver - 5, Copper - 3

              * Party treasure above will go to a notes file.
              I need to know about the Ruby thing who gets it or
              plays with it.  Keep in mind did you bring your tools
              with you?

          GM: Equipment

              I did a quick survey of gear.

                Player      Bedroll/Blanket    Tent     Warm Clothing
              Fremea*            None          None         None
              Z'leyra            Yes           None         None
              Arawn              None          Tent (2)     Yes
              Unali              Yes           Tent (1)     None
              Raban              Yes           Tent (4)     Yes
              Kiet               Yes           Tent (2)     Yes
              Kell               Yes           None         Yes
              Will               Yes           Tent (1)     Yes
              Etain              Yes           None         Yes

              * By nature small frame doesn't really need much to be warm.

              So sleeping stuff (bedroll/blanket all have but Arawn.
              Unali and Z'leyra will be a bit cold with no cold gear.

              Based on tents there are 10 folks who can tent up which is
              the party plus with 1-2 sentries then it looks like party
              is set for Tents.






More information about the pnpgm mailing list