[pnpgm] Game Update #86 - File #318 - Fire Beacons at night

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri May 9 06:06:13 CEST 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #86 in sequence (file #318)

        From Kiet: [Re: Will]
          If there is any water nearby, get some to Will...even if
          only a water skin.  If none nearby and some stone is, use
          magic ladle to make some.  Poor the water on his back.  One
          ladle dip by dip if necessary...

          "Guys...we need to get Will to the others.  Where can we ...
        GM: Ack.

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          <I apologize, life as always gets in the way of great
          gaming :)>

          Fremea is more angry than ever before. Varange gets away, part
            because of Etain and then this mystery mage that almost kills
            Raban. "No, We will deal with Varange shortly. He things ...
        GM: Ack. No problem we all have busy things in our lives.
            Why I've been slacking..err I mean had no time to do
            last few updates.

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 1:49:33 am - Military Center]

            Fremea is more angry than ever before. Varange gets away,
          part because of Etain and then this mystery mage that almost
          kills Raban. "No, We will deal with Varange shortly. He things
          he has some kind of hold over me with my parents. And now I
          know that he can sense things through my birthmark."

            "Now, that all of us are together," looking at Etain and
          realizing he must have followed her some how, "we need to make
          sure the others are ok. I am not sure how to find this mage,
          but Arawn might and I am going to make him suffer for almost
          killing one of my friends."

            Looking around at their group and seeing all the dead.
          "First, does anyone know how to get to Arawn, or Kiet quickly?
          Second, is there anything that is useful information laying
          around here?"

            Unali reels back on her heels.  Did she just say Varange.
          So its true?  Etain had mentioned but figured it was a wrong
          name heard about.  Is he behind this?  They were never close.
          Z'leyra was a bit closer than her.  Farseeker and Varange
          also talked a great deal.  She stares at the floor wondering
          how this could have full circle.  Then she realizes that
          she had the warning.  She mentioned it earlier but Fremea
          must not have been here.

            Unali states the warning by Kiet's spell of Will and
          Kell being captured. But beyond that there was little
          information due to the spell itself.

            At this Squirt hears Unali say Kell and seems to perk
          up.  The animal moves to circle around Unali's feet
          as if to smell Kell.

            Z'leyra remains stone faced at hearing Varange's name.
          She ensures her helmet is back on secure and glances
          at Raban to assess him.  The man refuses magical healing
          for now as he tends to do.  Varange didn't have the skills
          to take down Raban when she knew him.  He was good almost
          on par with Arawn.  At least she may have underestimated
          the small Lord Marshall.

            Jordi on the other hand looks a bit surprised.  He closes
          his mouth from being open in surprise.  Then collects
          his words.  "You...your the chosen one?"

            Fremea stares at the tall strange Elf.

            "I heard things about you since I was born.  I never
          figured to be a diplomat for others.  But we heard
          stories of those faerry who had the mark.  The rarity
          of it and how their link to another.  This must mean
          that Varange and Fremea are linked in some fashion.

            Jordi pushes fingers through his hair and then smoothes
          his hair down.  "My uncle told me that in the ancient
          past one of the Marked eluded such detection.  Let's see
          I believe it was Elder Berries swirled with ...with...
          with...Moon Gort.  No.  Moon Rose.  Using a simple wooden
          spoon.  But if I recall my days in those boring herb shops
          the moon plant is rare to find and harvest."

            Fremea considers the words and moves toward the dead
          humans.  All are dead.  Looks like based on the slices
          in skin they killed themselves.  The party helps her
          check pockets but finds nothing but a few coins and
          one love letter from a girlfriend it seems.  At least
          it wasn't a wife.  She leaves the letter so at least
          this one can be identified.  They group knows that
          in the morning the place will be full of authorities
          looking for answers.  If the party spent time they could
          bury the bodies and hide evidence.  But with Will
          and Kell in danger there is little time.

            The group knows that in the morning they may have to
          leave Samma.  Where ever Varange they hope it is not
          this city.

            Taking a ripped tunic from one of the humans Fremea
          unclasps and wraps one of the ape necklaces.  She
          places it in her bag for later.

            Exiting the military complex Fremea boils with anger.
          She eyes the forest in the west.  She glances left and
          right to north  and south of the complex in the open
          field but sees nothing.  She flew over the place once
          and found no horses.  If they have horses it must be
          in the forest.  But Varange does not need such.

            Jordi looks to the group.  "I know the thief Ozon knew
          of our meetings.  But he not into that stuff.  So if
          the Climans were after us I doubt he was linked to it.
          I should return to the tavern just in case to warn
          the others.  I suspect we killed the Climan group
          and no one left.  But just in case."  He pauses and
          looks to Fremea. "Unless you need some help?"

            Fremea just waves a dismissive hand.  This Elf is a good
          person shoe assumes.  But she knows little of him.  She
          hopes the Elf will not disclose her location in Donara.  It
          would not make things better.  But she doubts he would.  If
          he is in secret talks to damage the Climans near the Wild
          Forest then he can hold secrets.

            Fremea takes a few steps and considers just flying
          around to locate the Thief's lair.  But then realizes
          Jordi just mentioned him.  She asks him where the Thief
          is known to be?

            "Well he hangs out in a half dozen gambling halls in
          this city.  I'm told he has a main fence near the
          city guard retirement home.  I don't know his name or
          the place.  I was told by someone he has some warehouse
          for himself on Tankard Street.  But I never looked for
          it since he is not a threat to my operation."

            Raban asks, "can you give directions to this street?"

            "Well its better at day...but let's see land marks.
          There is a famous set of stables for nobles.  Said to
          even used by Royals when they come in town.  The stables
          are at the intersection of three major streets.  Tankard
          street is about two blocks south east of the stables."

            Finally Etain speaks up.  "That is how I borrowed a horse.
          He is on the east side.  It is a two story stable.  Very
          nice and bright.  The section I used...was dark but
          easy to use."

            Fremea ignores the idea of stealing horses.  So they
          might be able to locate the warehouse.  If Unali's words
          are accurate then they should head there.  But they
          need Etain and by horse it will take time.  She decides
          to make things faster.  She thanks Jordi for the information
          and says good bye.  She asks Raban to carry Etain and
          Z'leyra back with her.  She asks Unali to take the horse
          and catch up if possible or return to the Tavern they
          stayed at and ensure it is safe since if Will and Kell
          was taken it may still be watched.  Plus to herself
          she wants an eye out on Etain.

            Jordi decides to follow Unali to find the horse and
          the others take to the air followed by Corona.

            Jordi asks Unali if he can hitch a ride to the biggest
          main road.  Unali shrugs she trusts Jordi.

          [Time: 1:54:19 am - Military Center]

                                 ----------------

          [Time: 1:49:58 am - Samma city, Donara]
          [Ozon's Warehouse - Phase 10]

            It takes what seems like hours to realize what has just
          happened.  As if time slows or stops.  But the group
          returns back to reality and watches as the warehouse
          flames up.

            Kiet glances around. Sometimes a horse trough will be around
          for horses or fire like this or a well.  But in the darkness
          he sees nothing.  He unhooks his water skin and runs toward
          the threshold.  Tripping over the invisible Arawn he
          regains his balance and moves inside to see a torment of
          fire.  Ozon must have had this planned out for a long time.
          Though it seems the slaves were the loot not major items.
          Kiet kneels down and begins to pour water on Will's back.

            "Guys...we need to get Will to the others.  Where can we
          find them? They should know by now we ran into trouble."

            "Arawn, maybe you could invite these faerry to follow us
          and visit with Fremea.  Also, express my sorrow at not being
          to save them all, but I killed their damned slaver!"

            Unhurt Arawn moves back inside the burning warehouse
          to help Kiet.  He uses to help douse the fire if he can.
          He asks out lout if anyone seen the animals.  The faerry
          just ignore him or not sure what he means.

            Kiet nods that the wolf is safe in the wagon to the
          south of the alley.  At least until the fire reaches
          the wooden wagon.  Though the horses might scare by
          then.

            Arawn then knows Squirt is not seen. The animal
          is small and fast.  If he is alive then he can escape
          this mess.  If not.  Arawn considers a run through
          of the place but Will is more important.

            Both men realize in seconds that the damage is not
          that serious.  In fact it is mostly smoke from cinged
          leather form his back side.  But looking closer it seems
          only the heather on the back toasted but it doesn't seem
          to have done any actual skin damage other then heat
          and concussion blast.

            Arawn grins and taps the large man's shoulder.  Will
          raises up and is helped to hiss
           feet to exit the warehouse.

            Arawn asks Kell to help get Will to the wagon.  He then
          asks the Faerries to follow and he'll help them out when
          they leave this area. The Faerry do not argue.

            As the others move besides the burning building toward
          the wagon, Arawn eyes the skies.  There are some clouds.
          So he begins to cast a spell quickly.  Once cast he
          hopes this area will soon have a quick rain storm to
          at least help douse the fire or at least wet the
          other structures from embers.  It might only last a
          minute at most but it might help.

            By mid-walk down the alley Will begins to walk on
          his own as he eyes the second story billow with
          smoke.  Kiet climbs the driver's seat knowing how to
          drive such a two horse wagon.  Once Kell and Will
          are in the back the Faerry hover in the air.  Will
          is happy to see his wolf safe and asleep.

            Kiet drives the wagon westward down the alley and
          meets Arawn who climbs to the passengner side of the
          driving platform.  Kiet drives them quickly away
          so as to not draw attention from what will soon be
          a lot of guards.  Arawn glances south toward the
          burning gambling hall.  Seems the local fire wizard
          on duty set his own storm in motion.  Only a few
          lingering flashes of lightning can be seen over the
          estimated area.  But soon the city forces will be moving
          this way seeing the smoke.

            The wagon is moving fast now down the street but he can
          start to feel a few drops on his head and shoulders.  He
          glances back at the warehouse.  He hopes Squirt got away.
          If not Kell, no wait Kell is not worried.  He glances
          back to Kell.

            As if reading his mind Kell replies. "Squirt fled
          the hotel room before captured I believe.  He should
          be back at the tavern."

            Arawn nods and sees the warehouse is now about 70%
          in flames.  The second story is a firestorm.  The first
          floor is mostly smoke.  Soon the second floor is likely
          to collapse.  But at least the storm might prevent
          other innocent warehouses from catching on fire.

            Arawn glances to the Faerry who fly left, right and
          above them.  With sad eyes he knows the dead Faerry
          is in the back.   "My friend gives his condolences, as do I. "

            The male Faerry to left of Arawn nods and flies forward.
          "He saved Nales from being killed first.  He was brave to
          help her. "  With a low voice he adds, "I don't know if
          I could have done that."  But Arawn mostly hears the
          noise of the wagon.

            Glancing back Arawn asks Will and Kell, "Were you able to
          discover any clues?," he asked his companions before asking
          the faerries, "Do you know if there are others in need? Or
          know of the name of one of the slavers contacts who might
          know?"

            Kell shakes his head.  "It was fast.  One minute in the
          room bored. The next we are here."

            The male faerry who just spoke raises a fist.  "There was
          one man. He would come in and the thief would talk to him
          at length.  He would occasionally take one of us and downstairs
          try to break us.  To ensure we were docile for the new masters.
          He was very cruel.  Beatings.  Whippings...and other dreadful
          things."  He glances to the female Faerry.  Still speaking
          in Faerry Sidh he adds, "I do not know the language here
          well.  But names are easy.  One of the guards mentioned his
          name sounded like Mavac.  What is odd at times he came in
          wearing a city guard uniform.  There were at least six of
          us who left with him never to return."

            Arawn considers some healing magic but Will seems to be
          only slightly wounded.  For a man his size it would be like
          a razor cut for Raban.  So he will wait till they can
          get somewhere safe.  The faerry seem able to fly so they
          are in good shape.

            Kiet turns and asks for his sapphire.  Kiet smiles and reaches
          in his pants and pulls it out.  He quietly pats the large bag
          of loot from Ozon and hopes to find some treasures there.  From
          Bogan and Ozon.  At least he will get paid tonight.  Assuming
          Arawn doesn't demand the Faerry get the funds to rebuild.  But
          what do winged non humans want with human gold?

            Soon the Faerry who is high above about 200 feet flying
          aerial recon gives a very low warning.  The others take to
          the sky.  Soon the party sees a human walking down one street
          carrying some bags.  The man nods to the men.  Arawn says that
          some fire is in the east.  He asks where their tavern is from
          this street and the man gives directions in a very high pitched
          Xianese accent.  The man shrugs not caring about the fire and
          moves on.  Arawn just hopes the man is not a street thief and
          just some man collecting some late night laundry.

            Kiet asks where to go now they are safely a couple miles from
          the warehouse.  There is no rain here as the spell is out of
          range.  Arawn considers the question.

            "I could attempt to find their current location but I feel
          drained and there is no guarantee they will be there when we
          arrive. Perhaps a better alternative would be to use a Mana
          Sending and have them send Corona to meet us at the inn or a
          nearby landmark and then have the eagle guide us back to them."

            A street later whistles are heard as it seems the voluntary
          fire brigade from the west is moving east toward the warehouse
          and maybe the gambling hall.  At least three wagon full of
          water and men are moving fast.

            Arawn tells Kiet to head to the tavern at least to find Squirt.

          [Time: 1:56:22 am - Samma city, Donara]

            From the air Raban can fly normally about 20 feet per second.
          But Z'leyra can feel him wince a bit from his wounds.   He
          is still weak.  So he is flying slightly behind Fremea and
          Corona.  They lost sight of Jordi and Unali at least two
          minutes ago.  But they are moving eastward.

            Etain stares straight ahead.  He is clearly worried about
          this flying Bard.  Flying?  How can he fly?  Maybe some
          magic.  That must be it.  But this is very unnatural.

            Ahead Fremea watches the dark city below.  Streets are
          all but dark.  Most street lamps have gone out from the
          evening crowds.  Some places still have lanterns or for
          the major roads oil lamps still going on.  But it clear
          that landmarks are very hard from the air and in the
          dark.  Course it has been time since she was a slave here
          herself.  She knows the stables and looks for it.

            But in fact the glimpse of a large bonfire is seen.  No
          a structure fire.  No.  It seems two fires.  One is dimmer
          but there is occasional flashes of lightning that seems ot
          only be over the fire.  She grins that must be Bogan's
          joint.  Good riddance.

            But the second fire is new.  What is this?  Could Arawn
          be right and the fire she set have caused collateral damage
          to other structures?  But the distance seems odd.  It is hard
          to tell but it looks like a male maybe two north of Bogan's
          place.  Surely a fire wouldn't have jumped that far.

            This can't be a coincidence.  She looks back to Raban
          who nods.  The group sets direction toward the burning
          structure.

          [Time: 1:58:09 am - Samma city, Donara]

            The male faerry looks to Arawn as they now are moving
          south back to the tavern.  "Name is Qor.  We are grateful
          for your help.  There has to be many more out there.  But
          I need to get these others to the Wild Forest to be safe."
          He stops talking.  Arawn figures even they must gleam
          something about Arawn being a high noble Elf.  But may
          not be certain on it.

          [Time: 1:58:51 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Fremea sees it now.  A burning two story place.  There
          is now two wagons with men all over the place.  Whatever
          is down there it is a bit too crowded to investigate.

            Could this be where Will was captured and stored.  Could
          Arawn and Kiet be inside dead?

            Then Corona squaks from some distance away.  He did a very
          large arc around the area.  He spotted a wagon moving
          south.  It looked like the skinny one with the ropes was
          driving.  Z'leyra doesn't translate it all.  But Corona
          doesn't like ropes.  Clearly the rope master seems to
          unnerve him.

            Frmeea smiles and knows that must be Kiet.  They fly
          after Corona.

          [Time: 2:01:09 am - Samma city, Donara]

            The wagon nears the tavern and both consider doing a recon
          of the place.  Then the Faerry seem to flitter away again.
          Arawn figures another human but realizes that a familiar
          bird cry is heard.  He glances up just in time to see
          Corona dive toward them and fly past.

            Followed by Fremea and then a half minute later Raban.

            When the faerry see that the strange new comers are
          friends they return.  They eye not the strange giant
          flying but Fremea.  This Faerry is well armed with a
          bow and dagger.  This one must not be a slave.  But
          they eye her with some confusion.

            As Raban moves over the wagon Squirt jumps from Z'leyra's arms
          straight down toward Kell.  Kiet sees the beast fly toward him a
          and almost ducks to the ground form his seat but remains balanced
          on the seat.  Z'leyra is startled by the sudden lossz of the
          animal but sees Kell catch the fur ball.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update...Monday...

          GM: I took a bit of liberty but it all fits in based on what
              I know of folks and what could have been said/done if
              given enough time.  Unali never mentioned the actual
              sphere so I did, etc.  Now the party is all together
              and about 1.5 miles north of the tavern.  So what now?

              Sorry for delays.  Busy busy.  I'll update teh mana
              report for next update.