[pnpgm] Game Update #155 - File #1078 - Party enters forest

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Mon Mar 7 20:51:37 CET 2011

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

     Game Web Site - http://www.furvert.net/longshotgm/pbem/index.htm
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshotgm at netzero.com

     Game Update #155 in sequence (file #1078)

        From Kell: [Re: Actions]
          [I liked the update.  Good description.  Nice how the Rising
          Mount fits both descriptively and literally.  Now to crack it
          open!]

          Ha'Kell waits patiently for someone else to say something.  To
          say anything or point the way down, or give an opinion.  [Waiting
          nd waiting... two days and nothing?  wowsa! :)  ]  Seconds pass,
          feeling like days in this exposed death-trap.  When no one else
          gives an opinion the half-elf can't contain himself.

          "We need to head down now.  This pass into the valley is....

          Assuming we safely reach the forest, Kell will use his hiding
          abilities as much as possible.  He is also using his elven senses
          to look for mana nulls, listening and watching for flyers and the
          dog-like  creatures. Getting into a big brawl right starting
          here is very low on his list.
        GM: Ack. Folks have been out of town and busy.  It takes time
            to form a plan.

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          During the storm Kiet was seriously contemplating a spell, but
          decided against it.  A sky knowlege spell during such a storm
          might have yielded some great truths, but the drain on Kiet's
          meager resources would have been substantial.  Plus, there might
          have been some negative effect if it had been detected.  If you
          call being discovered and killed a negative effect.

          besides...after all his disapproval of the magic used, it would
          have looked bad.

          Kiet leans over to Kell and says "That's exactly why I...
        GM: Ack.

        From Will: [Re: Actions]
          OOC:  I was hoping Unali was going to say something.

          Will quits his musing on the sketch of the dead Vong and
          wondering if the weakness in there armor is something he could
          exploit and returns  to the task at hand. "Sounds as close to...

          OOC:  Scott does just traveling in the mountains count towards
          mountain survival?  After looking at my character sheet I see
          that not having mountain survival was a glaring omission.
        GM: Ack. Just moving in mountains no.  If you avoided ambushes
            and had to hunt or such then maybe.  There are some skills
            I do give partial points like over months or weeks language
            points for basically hearing it.  But you would need to
            actually learn/train in the survival skill to get points. Sorry.

        From Kell: [Re: Actions]
          OOC:  I was too.  Waiting for Unali, or an older party member,
          to speak up.  But the posting deadline was looming, so Kell
          jumped on it.  That's something he'll do.

          Maybe we should just use Cloud Walking and go straight to the
          top?  :)
        GM: Ack. Wout travels a great deal so can't respond as fast as
            those who read email at work daily even if they shouldn't :)

        From Will: [Re: Actions]
          Will:  "Cloud Walking hmmm...  I was thinking about establishing
          a link with a sending spell so that if I am scouting I would have
          a way to send a message.  I think Z'leyra had said that she was
          open to the idea.  She along with Caladan would probably also be
          one of the least likely to get hurt and therefore better able to
          relay messages and come to the rescue.
        GM: Ack. No ending " so wasn't sure this was a OOC comment or
            dialogue.  Sorry.