[pnpgm] Game Update #156 - File #1079 - Party starts plan making

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Thu Mar 10 20:24:00 CET 2011

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

     Game Web Site - http://www.furvert.net/longshotgm/pbem/index.htm
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshotgm at netzero.com

     Game Update #156 in sequence (file #1079)

                [None]

         [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
         [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
         [          Mountains west of Pamau]

         [Time: 9:20am]

           The party moves cautiously down the slope of he hill toward
         the thick forest below.  Farseeker has made his comment on the
         Shadow beast found in the Climan Cloud Base.  Unali considers
         the words and then glances at the mountain.

           Unali adds to the topic, "You may lament the loss of the
         prisoners, but had that rock shadow beast not been there, I am
         certain you would be mourning the loss of many friends. It helped
         us out, after Xian befriended it. I wish there would be another
         one living in this mountain. I am sure the Vong would be in major
         trouble then."

           Farseeker huffs, "we'd also be in trouble.  That thing just
         gave me the creeps.  Xian can befriend a rock if it doesn't
         kill him outright.  He is a bit too soft in that regard.  Sure,
         the shadow creature was fighting to save his home from the
         Climans destroying the young eggs.  Which I never understood
         how a formless creature could have eggs.  But I'm no scholar
         so I just let those big questions to the heavy thinkers."

                        ----------------------------

         [Time: 9:24am]

           The horses are tied to trees and a thick area is found that
         gives, hopefully, sufficient cover from above and from the
         ground level.

           Unali gathers folks around, "OK, let's make some plans to get
         inside there. We are all eager to rush to the steep slope and
         start climbing I guess. But a better idea of any entrances would
         be nice. Fremea, did you see any possible caves or anything when
         looking over the mountain?"

           "Anyone any ideas. We could fly to the top, but I am not sure
         how many alarms we would set off that way."

           Farseeker nods, "we need a full view of this mountain.  I think
         first thing is to have Fremea fly from around the valley.  I
         would suggest each peak around.  Then using her spyglass to
         study the mountain.  Report back her findings.  We need to find
         out any caves and the like.  If possible a overview also would
         be good if she can fly high enough to avoid detection.  But
         being on each peak should be a mile or so away for any possible
         detections."

           As others begin to consider their options, Arawn gathers
         a few items from his bag. He finds a open area devoid of grass
         and begins to gather the soil.  It seems less sandy and more
         fine powder so he figures it to be the ash.  He rubs it in
         his fingers and it is indeed finer than the ash itself.  But
         it looks like any typical ash found after fire or Caladan's
         fireball hitting a man in feathers and oil.  At first glance
         there seems nothing remotely special about the ash top soil.
         He gathers a few samples of it nonetheless.

           Arawn packs the samples in his bag and walks to Tef'wo and
         the other horses.  He begins to talk to them in their own
         language.  Making those funny human noises.  It just isn't made
         for humans or Alfar to talk horse.  The vocal cords aren't designed
         to make those funny neighs and grunts.  But the sound is enough
         to get a rough translation.  Z'leyra hears and understands.

           Seems that Arawn is interested in the horse's nervous nature.
         But the horses complain about the wet and cold rain.  Most
         horses are covered with blankets when riding.  But the storm
         came so quickly there was no time.  Almost all the horses complain
         of that.  But as they also see the valley they also are eager
         to get to the apples to eat.  Most haven't had apples in some
         time.

           But Tef'wo gives quick curt answers.  Arawn tries to pull out
         more details but the horses only eats a fallen apple.  Arawn
         is drawn back to the group to discuss plans.

           Arawn scans the trees for birds or even an eagle to talk to
         but they seem to be scared away by the party hiding from the
         horses and people or just hiding to get out of the rain.

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update...Monday....

         GM: A very short update.  This is how it will be done for
             awhile until plans are formed.  I did get from Arawn
             and Unali but in private so not posted to website.  Just
             parts mentioned above.  I know some are working on plans
             in private conversations or such.  So its just a matter
             of getting the ideas out.

         GM: Generic map of area in rough form.

             /I\ = North
              1 Row    = Half a mile [around 2640 feet]
              1 Column = Almost 1/10th mile [Around 410 feet each column]

              4 Miles by 4 miles

                       1         2         3         4        5
              12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
             I           %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%                     I A
             I        %%%%%%%%%%%%%   % %%%% 7                  I B
             I6    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%       %%%%  %%%%%   4        I C
             I       %%%%%%%%%%%%%   X    %%%%%%%%%%%           I D
             I    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%        %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%       i E
             I5      %%%%%%%%%%P%%        %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%       I F
             I           %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%                   I G
             I        3            2              1             I H

             X = Rising Mount [D24] -  1,000 feet high, 1,000 feet wide
             1 = Mountain     [H37] - 10,000 feet high
             2 = Mountain     [H22] -  8,700 feet high
             3 = Mountain     [H9 ] -  5,600 feet high
             4 = Mountain     [C42] -  8,000 feet high
             5 = Mountain     [F1 ] -  6,900 feet high
             6 = Mountain     [C1 ] -  6,400 feet high
             7 = Mountain     [b32] -  8,450 feet high
             % = Forested area major tree area
             P = Party place  [F18]    Forest ground

             Party is now about 2,000 odd feet to the Rising
             Mount inside the forest.  Can move deeper if needed.
             Party is about 500 feet from edge of clearing at this
             point.

             All heights are estimates.