[pnpgm] Kiet's musings

dasandersx at comcast.net dasandersx at comcast.net
Mon Mar 7 01:06:42 CET 2011

During the storm Kiet was seriously contemplating a spell, but decided against it.  A sky knowlege spell during such a storm might have yielded some great truths, but the drain on Kiet's meager resources would have been substantial.  Plus, there might have been some negative effect if it had been detected.  If you call being discovered and killed a negative effect.

besides...after all his disapproval of the magic used, it would have looked bad.

Caladan comments, "that thing looks rough to climb."

Kiet leans over to Kell and says "That's exactly why I learned how to fly..." Both men laugh at the little joke.

Kiet doesn't like the idea of just waltzing down to the base of the little mountain.  Besides the fact the location of the Vong is still not yet known, the idea of marching in a direct route to our enemy just seems suicidal.  Kiet speaks up...

"Um, I don't mean to be rude, but might there be a way to get to the mountain on the back side of it?  I mean, if they are expecting us, they are probably expecting us from nearly along this path we have taken.  Meeting this enemy head on seems to me to be not the wisest course.  But, then, I am not a military man."  Kiet thinks about that for a second and says "Well, not anymore, anyway."