[pnpgm] Game Update #40 - File #158 - Party heads to Wedding..

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Apr 22 09:01:58 CEST 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  -- J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #40 in sequence (file #158)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <Raban will entertain at the wedding, so more practice. Until
          he can learn the language any other action is greatly
          restricted in this culture with such a high chance of
          insult.>

          [Possible Backtime: When Raban finds Frema has been injured,
          he is greatly upset. Its obvious to him that poison has once
          more been used, it is getting too common.

          Raban to Frema: "Frema, I was lax in my duties before we came
          here. I should have offered to bless you as well, a defensive
          blessing could have aided you greatly. If you wish I can still
          preform a blessing for you as well as magic to help you
          recover from the poison since it has leached away some of
          your life energy."
        GM: Ack.

                ------------------------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar smiles at Correl.  "Thank you.  Yes, the People have
          always shared a strong bond with our horses."  He wonders if
          Correl is insane when the man starts talking about magical
          flying devices and magical horseless wagons.  Ben'Dar doesn't
          want to offend though, so he merely smiles and nods to humor
          the poor witless fellow.

          OOC:  No specific actions for Ben'Dar until the next audience.
        GM: Ack.

                ------------------------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea, setting herself on the ground to let her strength rest
          a bit, looks at Correll for a minute wondering who he is and
          why he contradicts himself in the same sentence, then answers:
          "I believe I was poisoned, though there comes advantages to
          being a 'slave' having to withstand many a great pain. It seems
          this poison was able to pass out of my system and I could
          survive, though just."

          She finds it different that these others, who she has barely
          known for half a middle earth year, seem to care for her and
          truly want to help her. She wonders if any of them have some
          other plans for her at some point, or are they really wanting
          to be her friend, no one has wanted in the time she can remember.

          To Zhou, "These creatures." Pointing to the dead thing at
          Corona's feet in disgust. "They can come hunting for Sidh from
          a long distance you say? So, are they Kothoi or just trained to
          hate the Sidh? I wish to learn more, so that I will never be
          surprised by one again and I will hunt them down to make sure
          they never touch another one of my kind." Her face has a look
          on it that belies how young she really is for a Fae. Her face
          shows the life of her past with firm resolve to do what she
          says.

          To Raban (after he speaks), "It seems you are newer to this
          odd group than I, and yet are quite determined to make sure
          you personally take on the entire world to protect the women
          here. If you can help my weakness from seeping into me more
          and let me feel at my strength again, I gladly accept it,
          though I wonder if you will be able to protect us all or kill
          yourself in doing so. You are a very large and 'talented' man
          and so I can tell that there will be trouble following you in
          many places. You can bless me, though I hope you live your
          life, rather than making sure everyone else can live theirs
          first."

          When the party is gathered at the Inn (whoever it is): Fremea
          makes sure that no one can hear her other then the group that
          is there, "I was sent to check on the enchantments and spell
          fortifications on the walls from the air, to make sure that
          there are no gaps or "missing" areas. I was not finding any
          and had almost completed the search when I was attacked. I did
          not get to see the rest of the wall and I wonder if there
          something in that area I am not to see. This creature was able
          to sneak up on me, and that is a very hard thing to do,
          believe me. I would like to see what the rest of the area is
          like, though it may be too late, as I was down for too long
          and it could have been fixed by now. Is there anyone else that
          would like to come with me?" (OOC: Fremea will only be able to
          go, if she is feeling at least 85% of herself, though she will
          make a point to go in the morning before everything get started
          otherwise and before the sun has risen)
        GM: Ack.

                ------------------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra takes a few moments to talk with Corona about what
          had happened.  She will wear her armor and greatsword under
          her furs (if this is okay to do so) at the wedding, since
          several attacks have already taken place.

          She plans to offer the High Elder the Claw to deal with as he
          will, as thus far it has been beyond her powers to deal with
          successfully. She will inform him of what she knows about it,
          ask if he has any suggestions and offer to give it to him for
          safekeeping or destruction.
        GM: Ack.

                ------------------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Near the end of the evening Arawn catches up with the others
          and upon hearing of the 'fun' the others have had sighs.
          Pondering    the events he wonders just how much of this was
          truly coincidence    but decided to leave such things for the
          morning. Arawn takes    some time to look over the Dirasa,
          asking both Correl and Zhou where it may have come from and
          if it is a local creature, before turning his attention to
          Fremea.

          "It seems Z'leyra and Raban have tended to you well. Still, if
          you are still feeling weak I shall do what I can to restore
          your energies as I did Chions. Just let me know if you need or
           desire it. Beyond that, the poison may have lingering effects
           which I can neutralize if you wish."

           During the meeting at the inn Arawn adds on to Fremea's
           debrief.

           "I sense something is not right as well, what with your search
            and near death and with the little 'trick' played on Raban
            earlier. Seems someone may be out to harm or at least hinder
            us but I think we should wait until the morning and see if
            Zhou or Correl have anything to add. Now if we can only keep
            the party from getting poisoned. Seems to be a trend
            today..."
        GM: Ack.

                ------------------------------------

        From Raban: [Re: More actions]
          Raban replies to Frema with a smile, "I have always enjoyed
          helping women, doing so is part of how I live my life, not the
          entirety of it. Entertainment has always been a part as well,
          though the gods seem to have changed that somewhat when they
          gave me this size. At times its a curse at others a blessing,
          so I do what I can with it, and one thing my size allows me to
          do is better protect women. I can take punishment beyond most
          any man, enough so that I don't fear to fight if needed. I am
          talented in many ways and I have had considerable training in
          a couple martial areas, though I can use much more in other
          weapons. But I do worry if there is enough of me to protect
          all I need to.Being the size of 3 men does not let me be in 3
          places at once. I can but do my best and hope my Goddess will
          aid me when I truly need it. Since I have become a Bard, I
          feel her even stronger in my heart than before. I feel the
          connection when I perform magic which makes me want to do
          even more, but I know such should not be wasted and I will
          only cast when it is needed. The attack on you has shown I
          should have cast more than I had.

          You need it and I rarely come close to using the magic I can
          cast. Proper Blessings will aid you greatly and giving you
          back your lost life energy will have you feeling wonderful in
          no time. If there are other effects beyond my skills, I can
          only hope your other friends know what is needed. I am just
          an acolyte so I am sadly lacking in quantity of spells, until
          I can find some teachers. Poisons I have not had to treat much
          before and they scare even someone of my size. So I definitely
          need to learn spells for curing that."

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: High Elder's Domain, Dark Lands, North-East
           corner of continent, center of Dark Lands.]

        [Time : 7:47pm]
        [Event: Correl's Wedding Dance/party]

        [When Correl meets Ben'dar, the old wizard shares his wild
         theories on the future "need" for horses.  Ben'dar knows
         that respect for elders has to be top so he smiles and
         nods at the old man talking about wild schemes.  Horseless
         wagons yeah right!  Then again Ben'dar did see a flying
         merchant ship in the sky.]

        Ben'dar: "Thank you.  Yes, the People have always shared a
          strong bond with our horses."

        Correl: "I look forward to seeing your horse.  A skilled rider
          like yourself wouldn't just ride a rag.  He must be a great
          horse far superior to all other horses."

                                ---------------------

        [Time : 7:59pm]
        [Event: Correl's Wedding Dance/party]

        [After Raban forces Kiet onto the top.  Kiet brushes off his
         clothing and replies to Raban though Raban doesn't understand.]

        Kiet: "Oh...sorry...uh, thank you, I guess...even though you can't
          understand me...I guess I owe you a little...or maybe a lot!"

        [Kiet turns to Kee and asks him a question.]

        Kiet: "Why do anyone such a thing?  Is the idea to mess up the
          wedding or something?

        Kee: "Of course not!  There is no reason to disrupt the wedding.
          I don't know of any enemy of Correl."

        Correl: "Yes.  Well you speak highly of me.  I'm sure everyone
          has enemies.  This snake is deadly but its bite is worse
          than it looks. Not too hard to prevent death with the right
          good which I'm sure the herbalist has."

                        ---------------------------

        [Time : 8:04pm]
        [Event: Correl's Wedding Dance/party]

        [While the party is around Fremeea worried and concerned
         Z'leyra continues to check her over just in case there
         is another wound.  Z'leyra is gentle and fast enough
         with her hands to be discreet among the people who
         are gawking.  Raban frowns at the site of what has to
         be poison from this tiny creature dead before him.  How
         such a small creature that Raban could stomp with a fist
         could be so dangerous.  Raban approaches Fremea and
         speaks in a quiet apologetic voice.]

        Raban: "Frema, I was lax in my duties before we came here. I
          should have offered to bless you as well, a defensive blessing
          could have aided you greatly. If you wish I can still per     form a
          blessing for you as well as magic to help you recover from the
          poison since it has leached away some of your life energy."

        Fremea: "It seems you are newer to this odd group than I, and yet
          are quite determined to make sure you personally take on the
          entire world to protect the women here. If you can help my
          weakness from seeping into me more and let me feel at my
          strength again, I gladly accept it, though I wonder if you will
          be able to protect us all or kill yourself in doing so. You
          are a very large and 'talented' man and so I can tell that
          there will be trouble following you in many places. You can
          bless me, though I hope you live your life, rather than making
          sure everyone else can live theirs first."

        [Raban listens and seems to recognize that speech from a few
         other females.  Usually the morning after. Raban smiles back
         to Fremea and replies.]

        Raban: "I have always enjoyed helping women, doing so is part
[...]

        [Unali studies the sad situation another new member almost
         killed on the first day here.  Not a good sign.  The ambush
         at the tavern recently and now this.  But this surely must
         be some random encounter of the wild.  At least she hopes
         that is how was.  Seeing this scene unfold between Raban
         and Fremea, giant and dwarf, suddenly makes Unali remember
         a childhood story.  Some old ancient sage in her household
         had prophesized that a gentle giant and a defender of the
         children will rid Katai of a great plaque.  Not through
         strength or skill but through determination and strong will.
         Such a odd time to recall that story.  Of course dwarves
         and giants aren't common in Katai.  The average person is
         not even 6 foot.  Raban would stick out like a 18 foot
         giant among dwarves.]

        [Arawn studies the strange creature before him in the torch
         that Kee carries.  Even in the upper world there were books
         on this creature.  They seem to be associated with that
         foul Nebeth.  Arawn glances at Fremea and realizes this
         could've been far worse books report there have been groups
         of up to 4.  If 4 had attacked Fremea she would likely be
         dead now even without whatever saved her from the poison.
         Arawn grits his teeth at this vile Kotothi creature and knows
         that the material from its body could help certain wizards
         grant an advantage to even himself.  Something seems to
         overcome Arawn as hatred for Kotothi creatures seems to
         boil over.  Arawn suddenly grabs the torch from a startled
         Kee's hands and puts it on the dead creature.  Even though
         its mostly burnt now the fire consumes it to where skin
         begins to melt and blood evaporate.  No vile wizard will
         gain material from this corpse today.  Kee looks at Arawn
         confused by this but says nothing knowing what Arawn is.
         As the creature's eyes burst Arawn stands satisfied that
         his job is done here.  He hands the torch back to Kee.]

        [Ben'dar watches the scene with interest and confusion.
         Why Arawn would want to burn the already burnt creature
         from Corona's magic is weird to him.  But Elves tend to
         go off on their own ways at times.  Ben'dar scowls slightly
         and watches Zhou's face and reaction to see if he could be
         behind all this.  The man asked Fremea to do it as a favor
         and she almost dies.  To Ben'dar its bad timing.  Then
         the strange creature such a small one that can be
         so dangerous.  Of course the Plains has small deadly
         creatures like the Plain Mumba snake that is barely a foot
         tall but has been known to kill even a warhorse.  Ben'dar
         learns to never underestimate even his small enemies and
         as he looks at Fremea his small friends.]

        [Caladan towers over the creature as his firesnake hisses at
         the dead body.]

        Caladan: "I've never seen such a creature but maybe Jordi
          has in his travels.  Surely the Wild Forest must have
          many such creatures to deal with.  A sidh threat for sure."

        [Fremea sits up and listens to the crowd near her.  She
         listens to the sage looking human who speaks of the wild
         creature.  Fremea replies to Correl.]

        Fremea: "I believe I was poisoned, though there comes advantages
          to being a 'slave' having to withstand many a great pain. It
          seems this poison was able to pass out of my system and I
          could survive, though just."

        [Correl looks taken aback as Kee translates.  Correl bends down
         on his legs to look at Fremea.]

        Correl: "A slave? Who would dare do such a thing to a Faerry?
          If you were poisoned by this creature and lived surely
          you have a touch from the divine to live this day.  We
          have Sidh Boars deep in the forest I've seen killed by just
          one bite of these creatures.  Their poison is fast and
          immediate.  Yet you show no signs.  Truly a miracle from
          Kalinda!"

        Kee: "Correl is a great forester and knows the creatures of
          the forest well.  What he says is true."

        [Fremea nods.  So that's Correl.  Chion mentioned him in the
         past.  His master if Fremea recalls.  Yet the tone of
         sympathy from Correl is strong there is still a bit of
         suspicion.  Such a man who knows this creature might plant
         it near Fremea's path?  Where was Correl recently?  Fremea
         looks to her new friends and wonders their motives in all
         this.  Once a slave always a slave her masters once told
         her.  Even so called reformed Thieves get that attachment.
         Can a slave change her fate or will she be a slave to
         even a close friend doing their bidding to help them rather
         than herself?  Fremea turns to Zhou and speaks.]

        Fremea: "These creatures." [Pointing to the dead thing at Corona's
          feet in disgust.] "They can come hunting for Sidh from a long
          distance you say? So, are they Kotohi or just trained to hate
          the Sidh? I wish to learn more, so that I will never be
          surprised by one again and I will hunt them down to make sure
          they never touch another one of my kind." [Her face has a look
          on it that belies how young she really is for a Fae. Her face
          shows the life of her past with firm resolve to do what she
          says.]

        [Kee translates for Zhou and vice versa.]

        Zhou: "I do not know such matters.  I am sorry.  My area of
          speciailty is community magics like wards, home protection,
          crop protection and the like.  Creatures I do not know as
          much as I should."

        Correl: "The Dirasa does detect sidh from afar.  Once detected
          they will attack always.  They do attack non-sidh creatures
          like humans but even then their poison seems to be less
          as if they choose how lethal their poison is.  From my
          observation their poison is far deadlier to Sidh creatures.
          I believe they come from the real of the one you name
          Kototh yes.  I do not know which god created them however."

        [Arawn glances at the creature and then over at Fremea.]

        Arawn: "It seems Z'leyra and Raban have tended to you well.
          Still, if  you are still feeling weak I shall do what I can
          to restore your energies as I did Chion's. Just let me know if
          you need or desire it. Beyond that, the poison may have
          lingering effects which I can neutralize if you wish."

        [Z'leyra finishes up her quick glance over Fremea even
         without her satchel she feels Fremea is safe for now.
         Curious Z'leyra doesn't know how the poison was counter
         acted but likely through some spell or something.  Z'leyra
         asks someone for a mug of water and a cloth to clean the
         blood from Fremea's back.  Z'leyra is impressed by the
         knowledge that Correl seems to know.  Strange wild
         creatures to future horseless tech.  Ben'dar scoffed at
         the stuff minutes ago.  But Z'leyra has heard rumors
         of such odd studies in Ticasi's great schools.]

        [Chion listens and watches with his usual quiet nature.
         He glances at the manor and wizard's tower.  Was this
         all planned as a test?  The High Elder has been known
         to test people before they are called for quests or
         as apprentices of select masters.  The law of the land
         is that masters can choose their own apprentices but
         the High Elder can recommend an apprentice to a particular
         master and is not likely to be denied.  Chion glances
         down at his ring and dusts it off.  Satisfied as he
         was when first coming here he seems to feel Zhou is
         not the typical yes-man like other nobles.  This man
         seems to be a friend to the High Elder and loyal to the
         Dark Lands.  Of course there is Correl no need to distrust
         him.  Correl has taught him much and Chion knows he
         has likely surpassed the old man in knowledge and power.
         Yet it was a close father-son type relationship.  Correl
         knows betrayal from his second apprentice so has
         learned to be more robust in his thinking on world views.
         If Correl says its a wild creature then it must be.
         How would one control such a creature? Chion looks back
         at the party and sees few staring.  Maybe only 34 including
         that psychopath Zing sneering.  Could he have been
         behind this?  Doubtful.  Zing didn't know Fremea would
         be flying around.  Chion notices though Zing seems more
         upset than usual even for him.  Chion smiles and enjoys
         the discontent in Zing's face.]

        [From the sidelines one of the people to watch the strange
         person with wings seem to gather attention about her is
         the acrobat the snake was after.  From afar he studies the
         group and their interactions.  He figures they must be
         all of one group and all allied with each other.  A group
         of adventurers it seems from some strange land, like himself.
         Kiet seems to stare at the Faerry never seeing one before
         in his life.  His homeland only has such legends of creatures
         but doubt he has heard of any getting to his homeland.  When
         Fremea notices his stare he looks quickly away and goes to
         talk to another women in the crowd.]

        [Some of the group returns to the party for the rest of
         the night's entertainment as Fremea regains her energy.
         Most wonder where the High Elder might be.  It seems rude
         not to attend the festivities.  But in fact the group of
         adventerers learns that he was there and had been for some
         time.  But a grove of high nobles so swamped him in one
         corner with kissing up, requests, chit-chat, comments or
         in some rare instances complaints no one from Marentia saw
         him till a bit after 9pm.  He was finally seen when the
         dance started to wane and he mingled among friends always
         shadowed by 3 hefty bodyguards.  Some in the group wonder
         why he would need such close protection in such a land that
         clearly seems to respect and love him?  But power and status
         brings threats as the party dealt with in Marentia just days
         before. Because of his retainers the High Elder never had
         a chance to meet any of the visitors from Marentia.  In fact
         Zhou later replies a bit exhausted.]

        Zhou: "I am sorry he was called away on an important matter.
          I tried to steer him over here but the nobles just kept
          him busy all night.  Never fear he will meet with you
          tomorrow morning.  His duties seem to go on constantly
          for this and that.  He extends his welcome to the land
          of wizards to all of you."

        [Z'leyra spends time with Corona to learn his side of the
         story.  He simply explains he was flying overhead and
         was watching her circle the citadel for the second time.
         When something small flew against the white stone of the
         walls and he saw movement.  He came closer and saw the
         attack.  At first couldn't do anything until she got
         him off her back and then he zapped it.]

        [Later that evening Fremea gathers the party around her at
         a quiet table in the dark tavern.  A place of wizards could
         easily have magic to hear her but she takes the chance.]

        Fremea: "I was sent to check on the enchantments and spell
          fortifications on the walls from the air, to make sure that
          there are no gaps or "missing" areas. I was not finding any
          and had almost completed the search when I was attacked. I
          did not get to see the rest of the wall and I wonder if there
          something in that area I am not to see. This creature was able
          to sneak up on me, and that is a very hard thing to do,
          believe me. I would like to see what the rest of the area is
          like, though it may be too late, as I was down for too long
          and it could have been fixed by now. Is there anyone else that
          would like to come with me?"

        [Arawn hears what favor Zhou requested.  He feels a bit offended
         that he wasn't asked to search.  But flight and speed do have
         their advantages.  Of course he might not have survived the
         attack as well.]

        Arawn: "I sense something is not right as well, what with your
          search and near death and with the little 'trick' played on
          Raban earlier. Seems someone may be out to harm or at least
          hinder us but I think we should wait until the morning and
          see if Zhou or Correl have anything to add. Now if we can
          only keep the party from getting poisoned. Seems to be a
          trend today..."

        Caladan: "That acrobat fellow did seem to be a target for the
          snake but we don't know him.  So I think it could all just
          be something else.  I suspect if the creature detected
          Fremea it attacked as its soul told it to."

        [Ben'dar's suspicions seem to grow as Fremea asks for help.]

        [Chion shows no expression as he thinks of his leader the
         High Elder.  A test indeed to see what the party is capable
         of or a simple random encounter as Correl seems to indicate.
         the ring of truth seems to be on the side of a simple
         random thing than some intrigue.  But that's what the Dark
         Lands lives on, intrigue.  It took years for Chion to understand
         the process but the High Elder keeps his power like any
         low king or tribal chief.  Through fear, suspicion, strange
         events and a outside "threat".  Usually to keep the people
         docile and calm.  But here the nobles thrive on conflict and
         what better way to keep a natural grade to the domains by
         keeping some form of balance from good to evil.  Otherwise
         the domains would break down into civil war faster than a
         Dwarf goes through a keg of beer.]

                        ---------------------------

        [Marqi 30, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: High Elder's Domain, Dark Lands, North-East
           corner of continent, center of Dark Lands.]

        [Time : 5:03am]

        [Fremea wakes up and heads down to the lower level of the tavern.
         Only the sleepy barkeep is there cleaning tables getting ready
         for the morning activities.  He nods at Fremea but doesn't
         seem to care who she is or where sh is going.  Fremea leaves
         the tavern and finds the sun still down and the citadel quiet
         as it can be.  The eastern sentry towers shows lights as well
         as magical orbs around the walls and dance field.  There
         might only be 2-3 people in the citadel walking back and
         forth on their quiet tasks.  The gate is also well lit up as
         are the shrubs leading to the manor.  From the side from
         the rear outhouses comes Caladan with a sleepy firesnake
         on his shoulders.  He was glad to join Fremea.  Fremea doesn't
         know Caladan but knows he seems to have powerful fire magic
         plus some good weapons.  She thought of waiting for the
         others who offered to join her but decided she has worried
         them enough for now.  Plus its a good time to learn who
         this strange fire mage is.  She flies up to the roof to find
         Corona sleeping.  She wakes him gently knowing he would want
         to be there.  The bird doesn't seem upset at the early hour
         at all.  Flying aerial recon and the two walk to the gatehouse.
         Fremea knows that Zhou mentioned that the wall defenses were
         turned off for her fly by.  Otherwise there could be magic
         of all kind hitting her as she flew too close to the restricted
         area.  Zhou is likely dead asleep at this hour and the wards
         turned back on.  She takes her chance that the walls are
         re-activated and that wasn't part of her "trap".  She asks the
         guards if its okay to walk along the wall top to re-examine
         the walls.  After a bit of convincing by Caladan the guard
         relents not wanting to wake Kee or Zhou.  Fremea is surprised
         to see Caladan know Katai and realizes he must've learned
         it last night through magic.  The guard lets them climb a
         ladder to the wall sentry walkway big enough only for one
         big person like Raban at a time.  They begin the walk
         east and counter clockwise.  A guard using a horse gives
         a warning to the new sentry guards of her plan so they
         don't attack.  As they walk Caladan goes over who he is
         and where he is from.  She learns that he is indeed skilled
         in fire, storm and sleep magics.  Soon they find the wall
         part her second flight was aborted at.  She extends her
         senses more and looks down the walls from the top.  Sensing
         nothing out of the usual she continues north, west and south
         then back east to the gate house.  She does detect a great
         deal more magic of a powerful nature that seems to be all
         over the walls.  She concludes its the defensive magic but
         can't make heads or tells of what it might be.  The magic
         of the wall seems to blur the detection as much as it
         shows its presence.  A trick for good defense.  Satisfied
         that there are no "black holes" of magic or "out of place"
         magic zones she and Caladan head back to the quiet tavern.
         It takes almost and hour circling the long wall and scanning
         for magic.  By now first signs of twilight approach.]

                                ---------------

        [Time : 6:30am]

        [A new day dawns in the High Elder's Domain.  From the large tavern
         that seems to house many guests for the party noises can already
         be heard in the courtyards to the east.  At sunrise servants
         have already begun pruning, cleaning and using magic to bloom
         plants to brilliant colors and fragrances.  Servants go back
         and forth in quiet duties preparing for the wedding in only
         a few hours.]

        [At the tavern Z'leyra notices the battered but upbeat Fremea
         come downstairs.  While most Fae like to sleep during the day
         and travel night many have to make changes when in a party
         situation.  Thig complained for weeks about the day adventures
         until his body changed.  Already Raban is downstairs and finishing
         up breakfast of eggs, meats and hot bread.  He finds he doesn't
         have to pay as all guests in the tavern.  As Raban rushes off
         to the field to practice Fremea joins Z'leyra at a table.
         After a few minutes Z'leyra digs in her gear for the language
         necklace.  Today it is for Fremea.  At first Fremea is a bit
         leery of the item but saw Ben'dar use it, and fail.  But
         Fremea knows that learning the language of these people will
         be of great benefit in the long run.  Fremea invokes the spell
         within with the magical word.  As she lowers her magical
         defenses to let the spell occur she feels nothing.  But then
         she suddenly hears others speak much clearer.  She smiles as
         the strange Katai tongue seems to become more understandable.
         She nods to Z'leyra and Z'leyra takes back the necklace.
         Fremea listens to the crowd talk and realizes she isn't fluent
         in the language for sure she can understand a great deal more.]

        [Raban heads to the field to find 3 more kids with musical
         instruments including a drum, violin like instrument and
         a smaller guitar like instrument.  Raban notices there are
         also jugglers and acrobats in one corner practicing.  He
         sees Kiet there bright and early seemingly giving help to
         one girl with her backflips.  Raban looks for Kee for
         translation but finds that even without a language to
         understand music is universal like love.  As the entertainers
         tune and practice in lower grades their instruments Raban
         studies and learns the local "flare" of temp and beat.
         These Katai folks seem to enjoy a more ethereal cloudy like
         upbeat with a fast tempo.  Compared to the march like constant
         drum tempo of the Marentian standard.  Raban finds the
         Katai style of music to be a fast but complicated one.  He
         has heard that some scholars of math seem to think music
         is mathematical.  Wizards tend to be smart people so maybe
         they pattern the music after such mathematic patterns?]

        [For the next hour a small breakfast is served at the tavern.
         A very tiny assortment of breads, teas, strong coffee like
         drinks from Katai, fruits and small bowls of cold soup that
         Ben'dar finds foul.  They call it cereal it seems.

         Arawn wakes up and joins the party thinking of the past
         night's events and for that matter the past few days.
         In one day the party is attacked at a tavern and a citadel.
         Yet they can't be connected.  Too far apart.  Arawn
         though the Upper World was dangerous with threats from
         gods but human life is down right mean and dangerous as well.
         Arawn having slept in the manor house was the first to
         see the inside.  He was quite impressed.  But he senses
         great magic everywhere.  Sentinel magic that acted as
         security magic seemed to be in place so that he couldn't
         do much exploring.  A guard down the hall had to call
         another guard to direct Arawn to the inside plumbing
         areas.  Arawn could've used magic to explore but it might
         have offended the High Elder and death by random magical
         wards might be a bad thing as well.

         Ben'dar lumbers down the stairs holding his head.  the
         drinks were quite enjoyable and no one seemed to care
         how much he drunk.  He wonders why Caladan is so cherry
         but then recalls he didn't drink that much.  With a slight
         hangover Ben'dar walks to the bar for some warm drink to
         wake him up.  The Bartender recognizes Ben'dar's scowl and
         nods.  He says something and pulls a small glass vial from
         the shelf full of white pills.  Fremea tries her new
         found language and translates it.]

        Fremea: "He offers you hangover pills.  Magical pills made
          from some Kayinn plant." [At least that's what she
          thinks he said.  The name of the plant was a rough
          translation.  Ben'dar notices the bartender give 2
          well dressed men pills and they take it with water.
          he then places the bottle on the table and gestures
          for Ben'dar to take one if he wishes.]

        [Chion comes downstairs and sits at the party's table.
         He is glad to see Correl marry again.  He has always
         been so lonely for a long time.  It will do him good.
         If only Chion could spend a bit of time with him alone.
         But he knows the wedding must be taking alot of his time.
         Plus he is staying at the manor.]

        [Raban continues to practice up until the wedding itself.
         He watches various party members move about the citadel
         and wishes he could explore but he did oblige to
         entertain and that's what he does.]

        [Unali exits the tavern and wanders around.  Toward
         the eastern side of the citadel she notices a group
         of guard practicing scimitar use.  The five men
         compete and try to out do each other.  She watches
         from the dark shadows.  She notices they fight in
         the typical Katai style.  While one shifts forward
         with their heavy foot they use the unarmed hand to
         balance and taunt.  A tactic that doesn't always
         work unless you don't expect it.  Most Katai also seem
         to find the parry to be a skill unlike Marentians who
         seem to just thrust thrust thrust.]

        [Z'leyra explores the buildings including the Healer's and
         Herbalist.  But she is sad to find them all closed.  The
         guards indicate its a village holiday today due to the
         wedding.  The Healer is at the manor but the chief herbalist
         is at the general shop which is open unlike the other stores.
         In the general store she starts up a conversation and tries
         to learn of local herbs and plants.  The herbalist is
         quite busy but the almost 15 minutes of chat seem to
         cover a lot of details of local flora.  Much of which she
         is used to in other areas.  The thing that is quite
         plentiful it seems is a plant that grows on tee border of
         the tundra and forest here.  it seems to give magical
         properties for frost bite and cold magic.  But it is
         hard to obtain as it leaves the ground only during 2
         months of the year.]

        [As the party stalls and wanders around the crowds begin to
         ride their horses into the citadel.  The field is setup
         with what seems like a hundred or more red seats with
         nice cushions.  They have no arm rests so are simple
         outside chairs.  Wagons are strategically placed in the
         west with what might be supplies for the later feast.
         Around 7:30 most of the party head to the tavern and
         change to their nicer clothing as is expected.  Caladan
         again giggles at Ben'dar's silks and can't wait to
         describe it to Farseeker.[

        [As a group the party heads to the wedding.  Stewards and
         escorts wait at one table as assigned seating for
         nobles seem to be in place.  Kee and Zhou approach with
         tablets and a hurried expression.]

        Zhou: "Morning all!  Arawn you will sit in the front row
           together with Chion as Correl's favored apprentice.
           The rest of you will be back around there.  You will
           have free seating in that area."

        [Chion sighs at the separation from the group but knows
         that Correl would be disappointed not to have him up
         front.  Arawn with his demi-god status seems to override
         even the Counts assembling here.  Arawn wonders if that
         will cause problems.  Zhou points to a section for the
         rest of the party on the left side of the main aisle
         in the west side of the field.  The row of seats seem to
         handle 20 and is about a bit more than half back from
         the front.  Not quite the servant section but not quite
         the noble section it seems.  Zhou rushes off to give
         seating directions to a couple of nobles.  Kee sighs and
         gives one final word.]

        Kee: "Seating can start at any time.  Remember small
          weapons like daggers and small swords are acceptable.
          But since this is tight quarters its not recommended.
          Staves should be held firmly and not allowed to fall
          onto the head of a person in front.  I've been assigned
          to sit behind you and can guide you on things further
          if need be. Bags and satchels are also not suggested
          to hold.  Its tight seating."

        [Z'leyra leaves her great sword at a table full of other
         swords.  The sword is given a small note to show who
         owns it.  Her satchel and the precious claw is still
         stored in her room in the magical locker.]

        [Ben'dar places his spear next to Z'leyra's sword. As
         he turns and heads to the seats he accidentally bumps
         into a well dressed female in golden and yellow silks
         with long black hair.  With sparkling jewelry and bracelets
         she growls at Ben'dar.  A small stain appears on her sleeve
         where some wine spelt from a wine glass.]

        Female: "You idiot!  You ruined my dress!" [She turns to
          a strong looking male by herself.] "Take him away and
          see he is punished to the extreme!" [The man approaches
          Ben'dar and grins.  Ben'dar has no clue what the woman
          says but knows it wasn't good.  From her glare and
          tone of voice and the stain it wasn't good at all.
          The man approaches but

        [Suddenly from behind Ben'dar a man steps around and towers
         over the approaching man.  Ben'dar looks up to see
         a man in white robes, iron armbands and seems to think
         it Raban at first.  The broad shouldered 7 foot 4 man
         and 260 odd pound man seems in his 40s with a thick
         black beard.  The hulking man reaches out and stops the
         other man.  They start quickly to argue and bicker.
         After a minute the man backs down and heads to find the
         female in the crowd.  Ben'dar glares at the tall man
         briefly.  He has a good 80 pounds and 10 inches on
         Ben'dar but the man smiles back at Ben'dar and speaks.
         The man clearly is not Katai.  He is simply too out
         of average body build.  Kee rushes over and translates
         what the man says.]

        Kee: "This is Sven Redhand, Law Wizard and proud Djani
          Viking.  He was able to stop the man from killing you.
          Whatever you did.  He seems to have some influence
          over the man."

        [Sven nods and places a hand on Ben'dar's arm quickly and
         removes it.]

        Kee: "He says do not fear enjoy the day."

        [Sven moves on as Ben'dar growls.  Enjoy the day indeed.
         Almost killed by a wild noblewoman isn't a good start
         to the day's activities.  Wait?  Was that man smiling
         at Ben'dar's silks or just happy?]

        [As the party sits more and more join them on all sides.
         To the front and left Raban is playing the flute with
         another flute player.  The tall bard looks out of place
         but it seems the Kee fixed it by placing the other
         player on a small hidden stand to make Raban not so
         out of place.  To the extreme left Kiet is doing some
         acrobatics to the kids and younger crowd.]

        Actions? Comments?

        Next update...Wednesday...

        GM: Fremea - Katai Language added to your sheet.
              Do you accept Raban's Blessing and Arawn's Energy spells?
              Based on your wall followup.  Since I didn't want
              to wait another few days/update to see who went with
              you I went with the above.  In the end it won't
              matter that much either way if the entire party
              went with you or not.  Also as a reminder you fly
              by the walls twice.  The first time you joined
              Corona in flight then decided to do another run.
              This was to get your time up with the 8pm time
              of the party to match it. :)  So in fact you had
              passed the eastern wall once completely.

            Arawn - If Fremea takes Energy how many spells/EL?

            Chion - If anything you want to do while 'home' let
                    me know or even with/speak to Correl.

        GM: I was asked if it was ok to reply to others on the public
            list.  Yes.  As much as you want.  The quicker the better
            in the update cycle (even up to the night posted the
            update) the better.  It gives me more material to work
            on and followup questions of my own.  But I know this is
            hard for schedules and such.  So try when you can.

        GM: All right.  Here's the deal.  Its 2am and need probably
            another 2 hours to write up the good wedding stuff.
            So this week will be a special 3 Update period.  I'll
            write up the wedding stuff tomorrow (Tuesday) night
            a small bit Wednesday night.  If you wish to add to
            the above or reply do so.  Quicker the better but
            as you can is fine.  I hope to have Friday's update
            the meeting with the High Elder.  If there are things
            you guys wish to do after the wedding and feast let
            me know.  If they don't take long (like sneaking into
            the High Elder's Wizard tower or tracking down the
            Dirasa lair :)) then I'll do the audience Friday.
            I still will freely take actions though.  Whatever
            you wish to do is fine.  Course sneaking into the
            wizard's tower could be fun. :)  If you guys
            wish to seat separate let me know.  Otherwise
            it'll be as described above.  Chion and Arawn can
            sit with the party.  It is free choice but will
            assume front row if not.  Some will get emails
            later today after I wake up.

        GM: Schedule -
              Currently  - 7:50am
              Today      - Wedding 8am
              Today      - Wedding Celebration - 10am
              Today      - High Elder Audience - around noon