[pnpgm] Game Update #40 - File #158 - Party heads to Wedding..

Chris & Karen Wells ckwells at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 20:19:13 CEST 2008

Ben'Dar takes the hangover pills from the bartender, croaking his thanks to
the man.  After a few moments, when his head starts to clear, he glances at
Fremea.  "You have mastered the language quickly, friend.  And you overcame
the poison of the dangerous creatures of this land."  He pauses.  "The
people here seem more comfortable with your...kind....than in other lands I
have been to.  I have never traveled to distant lands before I met this
group.  Now in such a short time I feel as if I've seen much of the world."
He pauses again, clearly uncomfortable with asking a personal question, but
at the same time obviously curious.  "Are you from this part of the world?"

Ben'Dar senses that this faerry has faced many trials in her past.  He
decides to take a leap.  "I have exiled myself from my people.  My people,
the Z'enda, are proud and fierce.  They do not have patience for weakness
or...dishonor..."  Ben'Dar scowls down at his half-drunk glass of water.  He
bitterly drains the cup in a quick swallow.  Abruptly, he looks back up.
"Where are your people?  And how did you come to be separated from them?"

*****

Later, during the confrontation with the noblewoman, Ben'Dar nods to Sven.
"Thank you."  Then in a louder voice directed toward the woman he adds, "It
must be her time of the month, eh?"  He steps over to the tall man and
grasps his arm in traditional Z'enda fashion.  "Let me buy you a drink?"
Ben'Dar will spend some time chatting with the man, telling him about his
life on the plains and other generic things, but not telling the man
anything about the reason that has brought the party to this land.  He will
make sure to mention how ridiculous he feels wearing the silks, but that he
felt he must to try to fit into the strange customs of this land.  Ben'Dar
is curious about where this man is from and why he stepped in to help him.
Once small talk is done, he asks bluntly, "Why did you stop that she-devil's
boyfriend?  What did you say to make him back down?"