[pnpgm] Game update #79 - File #313 - Bohusara forms a plan

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Sep 28 06:33:35 CEST 2007

#
  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #79 in sequence (file #213)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Checking her satchel to make sure everything is in there
          Z'leyra will pull out a brass goblet nnd a silver goblet.
          Taking the brass goblet she will hold it under the surface
          of the lake and swirl her bezoar around in the goblet.
          Hopefully this will cure any death poison in the lake water.

          She will put away the brass goblet nnd then take the silver
          goblet nnd likewise swirl enhanced jade in it while holding
          it under the lake surface. Hopefully this will cure any
          disease, corruption or decay in the lake water.  After some
          moments she will put the goblets and NMIs away.

         [Decalis 16th, 107th day since left Marentia, 42nd day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]

          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Lake Oca/Deep Forest]
          [Weather -  Overcast, 57 Degrees]

          [Time    -  5:20pm]

          [As the groups inform each other of their events Bohusara
           listens intently.  Almost ten minutes pass before she
           realizes she forgo to cure Arawn and Chion.  As she
           asks they put together for her cure she considers
           the events of the day.]

          Trembyl: "A snake hood?  Sounds like the snake head god
             himself is behind all this."

          Thig: "He might be behind the creatures and their weapons.
             But the lake doesn't seem like his style directly.
             I could be wrong though."

          [As the party warms by the now raging fire Chion stares
           at Arawn and laughs inwardly.  How silly it was to
           put a hood full of snakes on his head and then not
           die. The luck of the Elf.  At least he had a chance
           to avoid being hit but was just a half second too
           late.  As Arawn hears the party talk he wonders why
           Chion didn't try some other means to get rid of the
           Staff grove.  Both of them seem to laugh inwardly
           at each other.]

          [Bohusara sits between both and begins to speak in her
           supernatural tongue.  For two minutes she speaks which
           is odd as it shouldn't take that long.  But the party
           figures she may be trying to gain favor from the gods.
           Then she places hands on Chion and casts her spell to
           end the poison.  A green hue of magic forms from her
           hand and covers his chest.  She waits and then two
           seconds later Chion is able to sit up, now cured.
           Chion twists his head and flexes his arms happy to
           be able to move again.]

          [Bohusara smiles and then turns to Arawn.  She speaks
           another minute of words and then places hands on his
           chest and casts another spell.  The same thing happens
           when he raises up but a bit more slowly and dizzy.
           While the poison may have been destroyed the venom was
           so intense that it still seems to have affected his
           body chemistry a bit due to the numerous snake bites.
           Arawn doesn't stand but sits and drinks some water.]

          [Arawn explains the images seen in his bonding with
           the hood after waking.]
          GM: Did not get a email saying not to so figure you would
              upon being asked.

          [As the cold creeps into the camp the party tries to figure
           out what the problem is with the lake.  As Bohusara stares
           out into the lake she waits for suggestions from the
           party.  But none are forthcoming other than from Z'leyra.
           Through Sign Language and Chion she comments on procedures
           for detection disease, cure disease spells, sweeten water
           and even perception spells.  Bohusara continues to stare
           at the lake as this is all explained.  She turns and
           looks to the others for suggestions.]

          Farseeker: "I may not understand magic.  But in military
            tactics we play a game of what we know.  It helps
            to review and remember combat situations and tactics.
            Number one, you were kidnapped by those witches for
            a purpose we still don't specifically know." [He
            counts on his fingers] "Two we find a scroll indicating
            mysterious plans and product.  Three we come here to
            find creatures attacking us.  Creatures none of us
            know who existed or heard of." [He looks around for
            confirmation and gets nods] "Then we find the lake
            diseased or poisoned.  A clear line of connection from
            the lake the orbs and staffs to the creatures back to
            the cabin and witches.  So how do we organize it all
            into one idea?"

          Thig: "The snakes, snake weapons and orbs are tied into
            the creatures.  We saw them using the staves.  The
            Orbs we have no clue what they do.  We know from the
            Vassa the lake was fine just a few days ago.  We
            find the staves growing from the lake.  To me that's
            a clear connection.  Is it the cause we don't know."

          [Z'leyra recalls when Chion was cutting the orbs.  For a brief
           few seconds the water cleared from dark brown to almost
           clear.  She immediately signs this and explains to the
           party.]

          Thig: "There you go.  They must be connected.  Getting rid
            of the orbs was a good idea."

          Trembyl: "I know from being around with Kasha long enough
            and his merchant skills that Product means merchandise.
            Could Product be these weapons and orbs?  Could they
            be growing them for more of the creatures."

          [Bohusara turns to look at the lake and after a few seconds
           turns around.]

          Bohusara: "This lake is unique.  It contains a deep natural
            spring.  At one time a water nymph who was powerful.
            After she died it was rumored by the Vassa to creature
            special healing and growth waters.  Miklav and myself
            never confirmed it as there are many such myths in
            this forest." [For the first time Strie'bog nods recalling
            the myth] "Maybe they heard of it and needed the lake
            to grow those things faster?"

          Thig: "But if they need the lake to grow them why is the
            water fouling?"

          Bohusara: "Good question.  I must inspect the lake.  I did
            not have time for this earlier.  thig care to join me?"

          Thig: "Certainly."

          Bohusara: "I shall return shortly.  Please stay tight and
            we should get a burial going for these creatures."

          Farseeker: "We left two in the forest.  Ben'dar and I
            left a good trail to follow."

          [Bohusara directs the Vassa to take some horses and retrieve
           the body.  They mount up quickly and prepare to head off
           as the sun is setting.  They borrow a torch just in case.]

          Farseeker: "Tell them to be careful of the snake mess.
            We bashed them good but they could have poison stuff
            on their skin."

          [Z'leyra approaches Arawn and applies some ointment to
           sooth the pain from the snake bites to Arawn.  Bohusara
           informs the Vassa and they ride off.]

          Xian: "Will they be safe?"

          Bohusara: "There are no more of these creatures within
            at least twenty miles.  I've checked with the forest.
            These are them. Oh.  Based on the path they were
            taking in the forest the Protectors think they were
            backtracking to the plains by going in a wide circle."
            [She waves for Thig.] "I shall return.  I thank all
            of you for your support in this matter."

          [With that Bohusara and Thig take to the air and fly toward
           and around the lake.]

          Xian: "Who are these Protectors?"

          Trembyl: "Probably forest elementals, creatures and beings."

          Farseeker: "Looks like we'll be here for the night.  Might
            as well setup a burial routine with our one shovel and
            setup a good camp."

          [As the party gets to various tasks Arawn continues to
           stare into the forest trying to recall all the images.
           Strie'bog continues to remain quiet and hardly moving.]

          [Weather -  Overcast, 56 Degrees]
          [Time    -  5:58pm]

          [Almost 30 minutes later Thig returns alone and lands
           into the camp.  By now a few of the creatures have
           been buried.]

          Thig: "It was amazing.  When she got to the staves and
            Orbs.  She landed and studied it for awhile.  Then
            she began to speak and dozens and dozens of creatures
            came out of the forest.  Birds, turtles, deer with
            huge antlers and others.  While over the area Trembyl
            sunk the staves in she had the creatures burrow out
            the staffs.  Turtles and birds moves the dead snake
            staves to the shore.  As they did the water did seem
            for a few split seconds to lighten up.  When the deer
            with the antlers couldn't dig up more they all went
            back into the forest or for the turtles into the lake.
            That also showed life still remains there so maybe
            its not a full poison?  She figured some pollution
            as some wells can be from human abuse." [He looks at
            Strie'bog] "Your mom is very impressive.  We flew
            around the lake for some time but that's the only
            growth we found.  She then sent me back.  She
            wanted to spend time communing with nature as she
            put it to get some idea of what to do."

          [As the party prepares to eat some rations and warm up
           to the fire time passes.  The darkness begins to
           sink into the clearing. ]

          [Time    -  6:18pm - 20-25 minutes to sunset]

          [Almost another 30 minutes pass before Bohusara returns
           to camp with a tired face.  She warms by the fire and
           checks the progress of the burial before speaking.
           She speaks as she stares at the fire rather than one
           single person.]

          Bohusara: "The past few days have shown the Protectors
            that one common thing is apparent.  Sacrifice.  I
            was almost killed today.  Though I figure it was
            more to drain my energy or use my energy for some
            purpose than to kill me.  If they outright killed
            me Miklav and the others would go berserk and
            may ruin their plans.  With me stuffed away they
            could work here freely more or less.

            Arawn almost gave his life to learn more about these
            creatures and did indeed learn some things, though
            confusing things.  My son almost lost his mother and
            his homeland.  Z'leyra gave up her voice in an attempt
            to learn more about them.  For how long we don't know.
            For good? Ben'dar almost lost Tef'wo his most precious
            friend.  Unali almost died for the cause to help here.
            Chion Chion also almost gave up his life in order to
            cut the staves.  I could go on.  But that is the one
            word I got from the forest on this.  Even I may not
            know what the forest means with full certainty."

          [She turns to the party and places her hands behind her back.]

          Bohusara: "Any other ideas?"

          [Z'leyra pulls her satchel and waves for Chion and Bohusara
           to follow to the lake.  She pulls out both her brass and
           silver goblets and Bezoar stone.  She signs to Bohusara
           it might cure some poison but is unsure if water counts.
           She gets some lake water and mixes the stone, water
           and swirls among the goblets. Within the dark flare of
           the campfire the water does turn clear by only half.
           Sighing she realizes it may be only half effective but
           a start.]

          Bohusara: "A good start."

          [She then takes her Jade and silver goblet and takes in
           some water into the goblet and mixes.  Again it seems
           to cure half the water into less brown.]

          [She then pulls and puts her Hyacinthus stone to the side
           and looks for other materials.]

          Bohusara: "The stone cures poison as well." [She picks up
            the Hyacinthus stone and holds it in her hands.  She
            looks at the lake and minutes seem to pass.] "It might
            work.  This stone tends to be more powerful than the
            Bezoar stone I'm told by the Elves.  This is what I
            need help with." [She turns and walks to the center
            of the camp with Chion and Z'leyra quickly following.]

          Bohusara: "Arawn if your still in contact with your parents
            can you pray to them to give us a blessing and help?"

          Bohusara: "Strie'bog I will need you to help me with a
            full Ceremony ritual.  This series of small spells an
            rituals may take a few hours.  It will help center
            me and maybe get further help from the forest spirits
            and gods."

          [She pauses and thinks a bit more.]

          Bohusara: "My plan is to infect the lake itself with
            a massive cure.  I will use a series of spells I
            have access to.  These magics will create a living
            force that can spread through the lake and hopefully
            cure it.  To cure the lake with small spells or
            stones could take days. "

          [Bohusara turns to stand looking at Z'leyra.]

          Bohusara: "You have been a great help in some ideas.  One
            of those ideas spurred my idea.  If it works.  But
            in order to do so will you be willing to sacrifice
            one of your items? Namely the Hyacinthus stone itself?
            I may need it to use in the ceremony.  It could
            be destroyed or ruined afterwards.  I just don't know
            at this point."

          [She turns to the party and looks at each person.]

          Bohusara: "Anything else that could boost our chances or
            other suggestions?"

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Monday...

          GM: Since no one else has posted suggestions or ideas or
          even just comments at this point aside from Bohusara
          I've progressed further along.  On Monday she'll go
          with her plan though suggestions or improvements can
          still be taken.  For role playing purposes :)
          Here is how I suspect it'll go.

          Monday - Ceremony to cure lake if it works
          Friday - If it does party will leave to go back to
                   sacred forest likely by horses.  The new
                   influx of horses (enemy) would cost alot
                   of mana to transmutate but up to you guys.
          Monday - 10/8 Back at Sacred Forest participate in
                   Solstice ceremony and have fun.

          If all goes as planned (assuming spells work and
          don't backfire to kill everyone within 5 miles :))
          then adventure will be over.  So if you guys want
          to plan actions for
          1) Spending night at lake
          2) Travel back to Sacred Forest
          3) Back in Sacred Grove actions there

          Go ahead.  I'll then go over the 'in between' time
          period around mid October.

          Matter of fact if you guys want to vote.
          Would you like the next adventure?
          1) Immediately
          2) In 3-4 months during spring

          Immediate doesn't give much time to resupply and rest.
          Second option allows folks to return to Marentia for
          the Winter time and settle in till spring.  If no one
          votes I'll assume option 2 (wait till spring).