[pnpgm] Game update #318b File #521 - Ship finally sees Home!

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Fri Dec 10 06:42:03 CET 2004

     Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
     NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
     Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
     Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
     Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
     Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
     Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
     NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
     Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
     NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Dead  /Human  Ma
     Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
     Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
     Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
     Chris Wells           Ben'dar           Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
     Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
     ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
     Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
     Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen           akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Chris Wells            ckwells at comcast.net

     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret)

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or
<http://www.powersandperils.org/>www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #318b  in sequence (file #521)

     Admin notes: Part 2.
     ----------------------------Recap--------------------------------

     Combat lasted 4 phases one turn.  12 Seconds of combat but
     in reality was about 2.5 minutes from sight of the Giant to
     the end.  Plus another 30 or 45 seconds after his death of
     intense activity.  Experience time -

        Player        CEP     MEP     Expertise     Notes
     Jordi             -       20         20     Luck
     Jordi             -        1          -     Concealing Mist (Failure)
     Z'leyra           -        4          4     Luck
     Z'leyra           -        4          4     Invisibility
     Z'leyra           -        6          6     Levitation
     Z'leyra           -        1          -     Teleport
     Trembyl           -        6         20     Major Illusion (Snake)
     Trembyl         120        -         30     Arbalest
     Thig            195        -         60     Repeating Crossbow (2)
     Triest           60        -         30     Heavy Crossbow
     Xian             75        -         30     Arbalest
     Chion           105        -         30     Heavy Crossbow
     Caladan           -        6         20     EL4 Fireball
     Neva            180        -         30     Bow
     Ben'dar         645        -         60     Ballista

     Our MVP is Ben'dar with 2 shots doing 43 points of damage total
     though alot more didn't count.  With an impressive 645 CEP.
     Congratulations to everyone!

     Skill/Expertise Boosts -

     Jordi        Luck                   +1 EL
     Thig         Repeating Crossbow     +1 EL
     Triest       Heavy Crossbow         +1 EL
     Chion        Heacy Crossbow         +1 EL *
     Caladan      Fireball               +1 EL **
     Neva         Bow                    +1 EL / +1 CEL/OCV/DCV
     Ben'dar      Ballista?              +3 CEL/OCV/DCV ***

       * = Chion - You now learned the skill and at EL0 (no penalty)
      ** = Caladan - Imagine a EL5 fireball now 5D10! :)
     *** = Ben'dar you jump up 3 CELs!

     Congratulations!

     I honestly thought this would be a dreadful encounter.  I knew
     once the giant attacked it would've been all over for some.
     He could've killed anyone with a single blow likely.  But
     I did it on purely random factors.  Rolled his position, and
     angle from ship based on a random 360 degree circle.  Same for
     his fall.  If he fell 90 degrees the ship might've sunk.  He
     was just out of reach by one phase or he'd have gotten a strike
     in.  Oh well.  Theres always next time :)

      Sea Giant Stats -

      If you've guessed he was a Kotothi giant intent on capture
      of the ship after slaughtering a few folks.  He didn't
      get change to use his net or spells.  :<

      Hit Points - 120 he took 168.

        AHP 120     OCV 34      DCV  3     NWI -4
        S   145(+6) St 105(+4)  D    12    A   4(-1)
        MR  10**    NAV  3      MDV  10
        EnL  80     CDF 15      CL   2
        DTV  -8*    HC  NA      INT  6
      He was a slow bugger but strong.  He had CDF 15 which made
      experience huge.

       [Voyage continues --]

       Day 31 - Rest of the day is cleanup of the ship and fixing
         the timber repairs and moving things around in the hold.

         There is a storm later that afternoon previously reported
         on in part A and other update.

       Day 32 - Nothing
       Day 33 - That night the ship encounters those 2 other
         Marentian merchants and are friendly encounters.

       Day 34 -

         By now the ship has travelled for almost 2 full weeks.
         The crew and passengers are testy and anxious to get
         to land.  This close to Marentia folks prepare their
         material for landfall soon.

         As they get closer to shore more and more ships are
         seen going to and fro.

         As the ship spots Sivas mid-morning everyone notices
         a major inrease in ship traffic.  In fact the time
         leaving port there were half maybe a third the amount
         of ships.  Most of them are military triremes and other
         military ships going about maneuvers, loading of cargo
         or other operations.

         Aren explains: "They must be building up in case we
           failed a military force to go against Clima. We
           may be just in time."

         Farseeker: "Those two ships there.  They were slated
           to be deconstructed for parts when I last saw them
           near the Sivas fort."

         [An hour later Aren and Xian hide below deck.  A
          pilot ship arrives from port and meets the ship.
          A port pilot, 2 officers, 4 crew and 4 military
          personnel with a military officer board the ship.

          By now Damon has flown the Marentian flag but
          an inspection is in order.  The pilot and crew
          get with Damon to plot a course in the harbor.  Its
          too crowded to actually dock at this point and
          may have to wait.

          Officier: "State your business."

          Farseeker: "On designated mission by your superiors.
            We can't discuss the matter."
          Offiicer: "You will and can or you won't be entering
            this area."
          Marta: "How long before we can dock?"
          OFficier: "Never if I have anything to say about it."
          Farseeker: "Listen." [Farseeker steps forward closer
           to the officer.  The other guards for the officer
           place hands on sword.  The officer waves his hand
           and Farseeker whispers to the man and leans back.
           The officer turns pale then turns to a guard and
           the guard rushes to the pilot boat.  A crewman
           quickly pilots the boat back to shore.]
          Officer: "This will have to be checked out."
          Farseeker: "Of course. till then.  Let me introduce
            you to some folks."

          [Farseeker begins introductions but in general does
           not give details. Two guards return from below
           deck and report the ship only has material and
           personell aboard.  No mention of Aren or Xian.  A
           head count is given to the officer.  When the
           guards and officer confer Caladan asks Farseeker
           what he said]

          Farseeker: "Just a military code given by the King's
            staff.  It will have to be verified.  Once it is
            then we'll have free access into Lake Sivas and
            can dock."

          [A half hour later a new officer comes to the ship
           with the boat that went to shore.  This one is
           dressed with some medals in full uniform]

          New Officer: "Sorry for the delay.  We know who you
            are now.  Do you have anything to declare first?"
          Farseeker: "Only code green on success and no hostiles
            aboard."
          Officer: "What is your destination?"
          Farseeker: "That is up to you."
          New Officer: "No.  We know your expected at Maren.  Pleae
            sail there immediately.  You know the way or need an
            escort?"
          Farseeker: "Our Captain Damon will be fine to find it,
            thank you captain."
          Captain: "I do have orders that we should inspect the
            ship to ensure things."
          Farseeker: "Is this required?"
          Captain: "I'm afraid so."
          Farseeker: "Fine."

          [An hour later after a through search of the ship
           the Marentians return topside.  They inspected
           virtually all the gear.  Discussion of magical
           items was done.  The captain wanted to document
           or confiscate it but his orders were to give the
           ship free reign.  Not even an official log entry
           was made of the event.  Which surprised even
           Damon as every ship entering port has to have some
           records made.  The Marentian pilot exits the ship
           with the others when he realized no docking into
           port will be made.]

          [The small pilot ship orders a larger craft to come
           out to retrieve the bodies of the dead that were
           preserved by Chion.  Valgor, Diplomats Vaeth, Rua,
           Gord, Corz, Troyis and Shah are gathered to be
           taken ashore for burial or processing to their
           homeland.  Cholan is awakened when he is moved to
           the ship as well and its promoised he will get
           a highly skilled healer to help.  They will try
           to find one skilled in Regeneration to help his
           hand but don't know of the abilities of those already
           in Sivas.]

          [After almost 3 hours in the harbor of Sivas the
           ship leaves the shallow waters and enters Lake
           Sivas toward Maren 80 miles way.  By now its
           mid afternoon.]

          [Aren and Xian come topside.  When asked Trembyl
           explains that he used an illusion to make Aren
           look like a normal person twice.]

       Day 35 -

         [That night the serpent is spotted but that's the only
          encounter.  Lake craft is spotted but mostly are
          fishermen or pleasure craft going various ways.]

         [About 11:30 that evening the ship slows down and enters
          Maren's port.  Being so late at night 2 pilots are
          sent to navigate the port waterways and guide the
          ship into a docking position.  It takes a good 25
          minutes to dock and process the ropes and anchors.
          In that time a contigent of guards and others are
          sent for.

          But being near midnight the highest officer is a
          Major who comes to the ship with a group of 20 guards.
          Two civilans in silks also approach the ship.

          The major boards.

          Major: "I am Major Jensen.  We are eager to hear of
            your mission specifics.  We will have to debrief
            each one of you and process the others.  There
            are diplomatic issues to deal with."
          Civilian: "I am Kam Angle aide to his Majesty King
            Maros. The King would be asleep by now from a long
            day's work.  But I am in a position to offer sleeping
            quarters in the castle for a morning meeting with him.
            We have already cleared the morning session's events
            for the meeting.  For the diplomats they will also
            be givne quarters.  However everyone will have to
            submit to some security precautions."
          Major Jensen: "Entering the castle no one will be
            armed.  Weapons will be taken at the entrance and
            stored.  You will get them back.  We will have
            inspections of persons to ensure no violations.  We
            will also inspect for magical items that could endanger
            the security of the castle or its people.  If you have
            anything to declare beforehand do so.  If anyone
            needs immediate healing we have healers.  Same for
            food or other services.  These guards will escoret
            everyone to the castle.  We have carriages waiting."
          Farseeker: "The ship?"
          Major Jensen: "We will leave snetries.  Our orders are
            unspecific at this point.  I'm sure a full disclosure
            of its contents and inventory will have to be done.
            But not tonight.  So there will be time to discuss
            this later."
          Damon: "I wish to remain here on board."
          Major Jensen: "You must be tired --"
          Angle: "That is fine." [The Major hushes and nods]

          Situation: Ship is in Maren City capital of Marentia.
          There is going to be debriefings and questioning
          tomorrow likely all day after a meeting with the
          king.  Discussion of mission parameters will be asked
          and reasked.  If there is anything you are going to
          hide let me know.  If not I assume you tell everything.
          At this point no major need to role play it but I may
          in next update some.  If you have anything else to
          declare or do let me know as well.

          At this point the adventure for you guys is 99% over
          For me its 90%.  I still have a ton of logistical things
          to do.  I will be finalizing the 2 week stuff for folks
          and getting back to you.

          Monday I hope to do the King's stuff.  By then hope to
          be done with the 2 week stuff as well.  Then we'll move on.

          Congratulations for all those who lived!

          Actions? Comments?
          Next update Monday I hope..

        More to come in private email this wekened or next week
        in the game...stay tuned..

[Website is down...can't get on it for some reason now.  May be server maint.
So will update it when I can.]

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933