[pnpgm] Game update #265 - File #457 - Of all the treasures the best is found!

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Tue Apr 20 05:23:45 CEST 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              FisherKing (Z'leyra's Eagle), 2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #265 in sequence (file #457)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

       From Sergi: [Re: Actions]
         First, OOC stuff:
         Yes, the party has found a lot of "treasure", both magical
         and mundane.  I imagine that the correct way of solving
         the "problem" it creates in game balance is:
         a) First, see what we will able to take away.
         b) Second, see what we can keep (after the king
            taxes, contributions to the war fund, etc...).
         c) Third, make a division of the remaining. If we don't
            plan to continue playing in another game/s with the
            current characters, we can skip "c" and end with "they
            lived rich and happy for the rest of their life"; if we
            plan to continue playing in this game or in other with
            the same characters (hey, I like the idea... I vote for
            it), step C can be long and tedious (well, I can help
            with it; if you remember, when we found the first
            "treasure", I calculated the cash value of it; I have
            no problem repeating the job again). However, we can
            skip "c" saying something like: "the share of each one
            is XX GC, YY SC, ZZ CC and XXX BB, you can take as many
            magic items as you want, from this list, but must deduct
            their cash value from your share".  I imagine that it's
            easier for our GM, and it allows him to give us the
            reward the King believes is apropiate.
       GM: Yes.  Time will tell on this.  The King also has a few offeres
         to make as well.  So the above may be moot in some ways.  So
         we'll see how it goes in a couple months.

       From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
         OOC: Sorry, my plan was a little bit confusing.
         I wanted to do exactly what you did in the turn, so
         there is no problem.
         Jordi takes a look at both rooms:
         "Okey, they are empty, now we will continue exploring
          in direction south; one group will remain in the crossing
          of the corridors, the other will come with me to the south.
          We will clean rooms one by one, as soon as be find them."
       GM: Ack.

       From Wout : [Re: Actions]
          Items Unali would be interested in:
          1 Katai Military General History, 1 SC
          2 Sai

          (the large flawless garnet, but that will have many takers
           and she will pass) and part of the money
          What does the Magical 3 Four Man Tent(s), Attribute
          Effect, MEL 7  EL 3 do
          and there are really three of them?
       GM: Doubt any conflicts there but acked.  Right now only Farseeker
         and one other person has seen the list technically.  They
         only skimmed it.  As to the tents:
         Basic attribute effect + or -10 to stats:
         1) A,  C, Int  -10
         2) A, Em -10
         3) W, St +10
         Probably some mage created it for both prisoners and for
         resting or healing.  Who knows.

       From Unali: [Re: Actions]
          She will move towards the next door in the room,
          the one Aren pointed out, for now
       GM: Ack.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:33am-6:48am  - Morning Day 22

              ----------- Gargoyle Den ---------------

       [Z'leyra begins to clear the fog of anger from her mind.
        She finishes the last of the gargoyles and goes over to
        hold FisherKing near her.  She begins to cry.]

              ----------- Level 4  ---------------

       [Trembyl's group continues heading to level 5 by now entering
        the stairwell..]

              ----------- Level 2  ---------------

       [Marta's group continues toward the main cave.  They head
        faster so as not to endanger in case of a free sailor.]

              ----------- Level 5  ---------------
       [At the same time ---]

       {Practice room]

          Farseeker: "You ok Shah?"
          [Shah nods]
          Kaylle: "It didn't penetrate the lung.  He'll have a nasty
            bruise on the ribs here but he'll be fine."
          Aren: "Let's go then."

          [The small group heads out the other door and into a new
           hallway.  It heads westward.  In only about 10 feet they
           encounter a door to the left (south).  With weapons ready
           they open is slowly to find a cool and darkened hallway.
           Aren brings a torch near and shines it in.  The group
           quickly disocovers the familiar slant of a uphill denoting
           stairs going up probably to level 6.]
          Farseeker: "Better clear this level first.  Let's move.."

       {North hallway]

          [Jordi and the others head to the crossroads.   The group
           subdivides.  Jordi leaves Neva, Caladan and Wi at the
           crossroads to wait.  Jordi, Amin and Wi head south.]

      [South Hallway]

        [Farseeker and the others continue westward.  Another 30 or
         so feet and they encounter another door.   This one on
         the south end of the hall.  Aren listens in and then
         turns to the others.]
        Aren: "Quiet..but I hear water?  Like trickling water."

        [A few seconds later Farseeker opens the door to find
         a dimly lit area.  The group quickly surges in and
         are surprised to find the room has facilities for
         nature calls.  It seems its the latrine.  Oddly it
         doesn't smell bad in here.  Unlike the prison one this
         one seems cleaner.  There are stalls, a shallow trough
         for guys it seems and a water basin with cloth.  Everyone
         wonders where the waste goes in this mountain but it seems
         to head down some holes in the wall.  Maybe some magic
         behind that or some good hidden placement of tubes or
         rock tunnels.  Who knows.  Course Dwarves are known to
         use entire cave room as a waste room so maybe that's it.]
        Farseeker: "Anyone have to go?"
        [Outside Suresh standing guard hears footsteps.  He rushes
         to the north wall and hugs it.  He pulls his sword and
         sees forms sneaking near.  He waits.  Just as Jordi and
         the others come close jordi looks around the corner ever
         so quietly and is startled to see a sword point there with
         Suresh.  They both sigh in relief.]
        Suresh: "Its you!  Well we found a training room there.  Two
         guards dead there.  The stairs to next level over there.
         That room there is a latrine from what Aren told me.  Anyone
         need to take a nature call?"

       [Some of the diplomats have to actually use the facilities.
        This takes a couple minutes.  If anyone else let me know. :)]

       Farseeker to Jordi: "Head back and handle those rooms in the
        other hallway.  We'll handle this end.  Maybe the far west
        has a tunnel we can meet up with again."

       [While he waits for the others to come out of the latrine.
        Farseeker goes to the south wall and looks around the
        corner.  He quickly ducks back.  He is alone while Suresh
        is on the other side watching Jordi leave.  He shrugs
        after seeing a guard down the hall.  He silently sheathes
        his sword and walks around the corner.  He pulls out the
        Armorery inventory scroll.  He walks toward the guard who
        sees him and pulls his mace up.  He is wearing leather
        and holds a shield in the other hand.]
       Farseeker: "Hey!  Good someone finally.  I'm new here.  I
         was told by my mistress to deliver this to the armorery
         after it has been reviewed.  Where is it?" [Io climan]
       [Startled the guard looks suspicious but sees the scroll
        with official markings.  He looks Farseeker up and down.
        he then grabs the scroll with his mace hand and looks at it.]
       Guard: "Coming from up top? [Farseeker nods] "Its that way.
         Take the tunnel there and head east then south at the
         stairs."
       [Farseeker looks down the hall to make sure no one else is
        here.  Then grabs the scroll.]
       Farseeker: "Thanks."
       Guard: "I can escort you."
       Farseeker: "No thanks." [he puts the scroll in his vest]
         "But I do have a question.." [pulling out his great sword
         now which surprises the guard who pulls up his shield and
         mace] "Whoa...I just have a question.  See this blade.  Its
         been dulled after a few battles.  Can I get a replacement
         or should I get authorization from my mistress?"
       Guard: "Wha-..you can get it replaced."
       Farseeker: "Oh great.  Hey there she is!" [nodding behind the
        guard.  The guard glances behind him and Farseeker thrusts
        squarely at the guard.  He hits doing 8 points of damage.]
       [The guard reacts and swings mace but Farseeker ducks and the
        guard fails to hit.]
       [Farseeker swings again but the guard moves out of the way
        as the large blade slices inches from him.]
       [The guard bashes down with mace but again fails to hit.]
       [Farseeker brings up the great sword and thrusts right at
        the guard who pulls up his buckler shield.  The sword SMACKS
        against it and cracks it into 4 pieces.  The sword penetrates
        and hits the guard's upper arm doing enough damage to finish
        off the guard..]

       [Suresh comes running behind...]
       Suresh: "Having fun?"
       Farseeker: "Yep.  The others ready?"
       Suresh: "Assembling.."

              ----------- Gargoyle Den ---------------

       [A few minutes later Z'leyra stands.  She wraps up FisherKing
        in a blanket.  She stands and looks around.  She finally
        notices everyone has left.  Starteled she heads for the
        door.  There it opens and she finds Valgor there.]
       Valgor: "Sorry.  The others have gone up to the next level.
         Some have gone down to the main cave.  Shall we head up?"

      Time: Estimated  6:37am-6:52am  - Morning Day 22
      [Four minutes pass]

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Friday...

Level 5 - Human Barracks

              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
   A|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   B|%                       % Room D   %%%%%%%%* A%%% Room K    |
   C|%                       % Barracks %%%%  %%%% %%%   Medical |
   D|%                       %          %%%%  %%%% %%%=%%%  Bay  |
   E|%          %%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%g %%%%=%%%  %%%%%%%%%|
   F|%                  JNDL          g           T     %%%%%%%%%|
   G|%          %%   %%%%CW %%  J   %%%   %        %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   H|%          %%%=%%%%%% %%%%%%=%%%%%%% %%%%%   %%            %|
   I|%                   % %  %Room  % %%=%%%%%%% %             %|
   J|%                   % %  %   H  % %        % %%   Room J   %|
   K|%                   % %  %%%%%%%% %        %  [            %|
   L|%                  %%H            % Room I %  %  Armorery  %|
   M|%                  %RE%%%=%%%%=%%=%       %%%%%            %|
   N|%                  %A%%%%   %% %%         %%%%%            %|
   O|%%%%=%%%%%%%%%=%%%%%A% Room %%L%% Practice%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   P|%         g F S     K%  G   %%*%%  Area   %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   Q|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

        A = Stairs from 4.          J = Armorery
        K = Medical Bay             g = Dead Guards
        D = Barracks                H = Discipline/Interrogation
        I = Practice/Training area  G = Latrine
        L = Stairs up to level 6
        g = Dead Guard

        J = Jordi      [F20]        N = Neva   [F21]
        C = Caladan    [G21]        D = Dex    [F22]
        L = Amin       [F23]        W = Wi     [G22]
        F = Farseeker  [P13]        K = Kasha  [P21]
        R = Ris        [N21]        S = Suresh [P15]
        H = Shah       [L22]        A = Aren   [O21]
        E = Kaylle     [N22]        U = Unali  [Room G]
        T = Trembyl [F26] - Trembyl's small group

    Level 5 - Stairs - Trembyl, Cholan, Balrog, Triest, Ayddar, Troyis
         Xian, Thig, Triest, Chion
    Level 4 - Z'leyra/Valgor
    Going to Main cave - Spaar, Qorz, Marta, Talz, Females (2) [Level 2]

 G - Latrine

     123456789012345
    |%%%%%%%=%%%%%%%|  Each Col = 2 feet Each Row = 10 feet
   A|%%%%%%%   `` +%|  = Door
   B|%%%%%%%       %|  % Rock/Cave wall
   C|%*           #%|  ` Small shelf
   D|%-----       #%| -- Barrier
   E|%*           #%|  * Toilet Seat
   F|%-----       #%|  # Trough
   G|%*      @@@  #%|  @ Water basin/cloth

     Jordi.  Will assume this is ok with you.  Two large a group if
     all go south.  If you divide to take up both doors at once
     do you have a particular request of who you take with you
     and which door do you take while the others take the other door?
     Doors at H15/E18

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933