[PnP] Influence chance formula

Paul L. Ming pming at northwestel.net
Sun Mar 10 06:38:55 CET 2013

Hiya.

   The "Race" part is under Appearance. The modifier listed there is to
the characters Appearance score. You didn't give us the Humans
Appearance score. I'm going to just pick a number...say...44. So, an Elf
viewing that character sees the Human as having an Ap of (44 - 10 =) 34.
Looking at the chart listed there, under Appearance, that means the
Humans effective Ap is Average, which gives a +5 adjustment.

Now, the characters IC is 17. So, 17 +5 = 22. That equates to "A:
Initial Appearance Reaction" of Table 1.20. Now you just start
adding/subtracting from that.

We add "E" (+40), "J" (+40), "L" (-40+W).

You said the listener (the elf) has a W of 14, so we plug that into "L"
and get -54. Yes, I'm using math wrong because I *think* Richard was
trying to say that if you have a high W score, you are more likely to be
able to 'force yourself to refuse' as opposed to 'force yourself to
spill the beans', so to speak.

The IC result is thusly: 22 + 40 + 40 - 54 = 48%

Of course, if you do it "mathmatically correct", you end up with 22 + 40
+ 40 - 26. Which gives  an IC of 76%. But, as I said, I think Richard
was going for the "Higher W means you are more likely to resist being
influenced". So I'd use the first.

^_^

Paul