[PnP] RE: pnp Digest, Vol 3, Issue 5

Doyle Wayne Ramos Tavener doyletavener at houston.rr.com
Wed Aug 11 15:50:10 CEST 2004

> >[Doyle Wayne Ramos Tavener]
> >As a newb, I am a little confused about your project. What exactly
did
> >you do? I got a whole bunch of files recently, but I really could not
> >make head or tails out of them, because of formatting issues.
>
> Well I just read the culture book and took data from it and did neat
and
> detailed reports.  Did you read the very first email?  The one I have
> questions for Richard in and it explains each post tht follows in
detail.
> If not may want to go back and re-read it.  Basically were reports on
> population, military, magic/slavery/non-human race relations,
language,
> basic characteristics, common weapons and a huge 3 post timeline that
took
> every event in the history of the culture book and put into one huge
> timeline.
>
> I just checked out the pnp site archives..my posts are for some reason
in
> html format or something.  Theydo look ugly on the website.
hrm....but
> the
> email might be readable.  In my basic file format here they are all
> aligned.  But when they got sent it out ...who knows what occurs since
> your
> email client and burton's may do different thing (as an example).
Some
> may
> strip LF/CR and tabs....that's not good...
>
> If richard has no comments on the stuff what I'll do is send the files
> wout and maybe it'll be better readable on the website.  Also I'll put
> them
> up on my website first to test the format how they look adn fix
problems.
> In my files they are fine but who knows how they look on the web.
I'll
> also give wout a zip file for folks to download.
>
> Basically its a good amount of data that you may find useful as a
player
> and as a GM.  The timeline...military...and magic/slavery/non-human
files
> are the 3 main ones I'll find the most useful.  The last being
subjective
> the other 2 being factual.

[Doyle Wayne Ramos Tavener]
OK, I understand a lot better now. I would definitely suggest a website
over the mailing list, unless it can be formatted in straight ascii or
something similar. That is certainly information I would find useful, to
say the least.

BTW, I assume that the Version 5: P&P v2 working version on the
http://abroere.xs4all.nl/pnp/book1.htm web site is the version that is
being revised? What has already changed in this manuscript?

Doyle