Archery question

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Thu Apr 19 20:39:39 CEST 2001

At 07:59 AM 4/19/01 -0400, you wrote:
>| >How do you handle bowfire?
>|| [Sarcastc answer]
>|| Well if your in the path of a bunch of arrows then you
>|| become a cushion :)
>|| Good enough?
>|| [Honest answer]
>|| In what way?  Spreads ?  Single fire?
>
>Wise guy. :}
>
>To be honest, I don't have a real problem with the "row from bow" system, I
>just think there should be some correction for agile targets.  Perhaps I'll
>try allowing them to add Dodge Value if aware of the shooter and able to
>move as well as any shield skill.
>          -- Burton

Well I always ruled (and I THINK the books do too) that if you see it coming
you can
dodge.  Because pulling a bow back and firing takes a bit of time.  Most
soliders will
take careful aim first.  So you can dodge if your fast.  But if your back
is to
a archer
in a castle sentry slit then you will not have a chance to dodge.

OF course you could add in the effects of say supernatural agility such..