Archery question

Maouse maouse at FULTON-NET.COM
Thu Apr 19 19:34:03 CEST 2001

Egads... I missed the "purist" comment the first time through... I'm not a
purist, just ask my wife... lol.

ANYWHO...

I think that a RCV might be a good idea, as CEL should definately play into
it (which is what I have been saying all along). Perhaps we should just
swap OCV with DCV for ranged weapon attacks. Dex and Agility are what is
used for the bow skill to begin with after all. Maybe an DCV - DCV should
be used.

Naw, I'm a purist...

-Marcel

ps. for the longest time (like 8 years) we didn't use ranged weapons in
combat because we didn't get how it worked from reading the books... (when
I say "we" I mean my sister, brothers, fellow gamers and I). I use the %
modification because after much discussion it actually makes sense
(especially when compared to an arbitrary number system).

pps. +8 = 4 CEL's. I disagree. +8 means 8% more likely to kill. 4 CEL's
represent 8% more likely to hit. The whole "spread out" thing you stated is
right... And weapons should be rated as more and less deadly, not more and
less likely to be used effectively to hit.