[pnpgm] Game Update #138 - File #1042 - King gives info

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Jul 23 06:12:23 CEST 2020

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess.Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Tsia.Phan.......Thief...Don.Ker............Fe..Human/Thief
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Upus............Warrior.Gerald.Ford........Ma..Normal/Barbarian Warrior
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #138 sequence (file #1042)

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
                 Z'leyra frowns and announces "I
had planned to study and prepare

                 [She knows the theory of how to
return herself to the Middle World via spell, but
doesn't have the skill to take anyone with her.]
            GM: Ack. I did ask twice if stuff to
be done before entering mine. But as to spells
kinda useless with no mana – forget? :) Also Z doesn’t know where you are. Yet.

            From Opus: [Re: Actions]
                 Opus looks confused and whispers
to Kimis something . The all

            GM: Ack.  Did you want to control
Kimis? Its fine the way you did it but making sure for future reference. :)

            From Pyan: [Re: Actions]
                 i was just reading Fremea's IBT.
Cound one of use make a crate atound the book
that randumly teleport anyone the touches it ang
them aounf crate around that one that hides the magic of the first one?
            GM: Ack.  A good plan.  But risky.  A
good magic thief stealer might sense the magic
and try to bypass or end it.  So while it'd be
good for 99% of the thieves out there.  That one
special thief like Fremea might stop
it.  Oblivion would be a good choice as well but
again could be fooled.  There is no sure way to
protect magic if one desires it.  While most
would be fooled there s that 1%.  Even the Krill
vault is not fool proof either but its close.

            From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
                 "Interesting," Arawn said, slightly interrupting the

                 OOC:   I'll have Arawn skip
warning the party about aging so as to not
overlap with Z'leyra's post. Just wanted to put
something up to give  Z'leyra justification for
warning the party about the Lower Realm.

                 -----------------------

                 [When Z'leyra asks - "Anything
likely to disrupt or prevent spellcasting here?" ]

                 OOC:   Scott, would Arawn know
if the Lower Realms disrupt or prevent certain magics?
            GM: Ack. This is a good topic for
discord but we debated on this for years in
'80s.  Some felt it was 2 layers away from UW so
maybe a slow or less response? Or some argue its
only 1 layer since multi-verse theory would have
it side by side. So I honestly feel there may be
a delay for some spells but not most.  Lets say
for example for the elder forces no delay.  But
for those native to LW then maybe a delay?  This
is my first try at this in 35 years.  So I wanted
to do this once to get it done with and say it
was done.  But there is a greater reason as well
plot wise.  So no.  In theory magic should work.  If have mana :).

            From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
                 With the warning done Arawn turned to King Strata, dipping

                 "King Strata, may I introduce
myself. I am Arawn, an alfar and

         [Ma 9th, 1636TH]

         [Time: Earlier during Vault tour...]

            Dorhak listens to Crix as he is
'shown' the vault that isn’t there. Pretty fancy
for a tetched, naked dwarf.  He decides, though,
that this may work. "Alright Crix.  This looks
sufficient.  So, I leave this book with
you.  What do I get as a guarantee that the book
will be returned when we get back?"

            Crix nods, “if you return...but yes...if so desire.”

         [Time: 1:18 pm]

            "Interesting," Arawn said, slightly
interrupting the conversation taking place around
him. There was a mixed look on his face, both
wistful and concerned, as he eyed the surroundings.

            "It would appear that we've crossed
through a portal into the Lower World, home to
many Elder and Sidh creatures. Tread carefully.
This realm is not friendly to mortals."

            Glancing back down the passage Arawn
added, "That was a very unusual portal though I
might be able to open it for our return. But
that's assuming it's not a one-way portal, rare though that might be."

            Z'leyra frowns and announces "I had
planned to study and prepare before any trip into
the Lower World. One thing we should beware of is
that time passes differently and upon getting
back to the Middle World time tends to have
passed much faster and it catches up with one
upon the return. Many have stayed long enough in
the Lower World to suddenly die from old age when
they return to the Middle World. So we should get
back soon, preferably very soon.  Supposedly
there are ways to protect against this aging. I
do have some insight into Time Powers and might
be able to protect against this aging by use of a spell."

            She looks at the Fae and asks
"Anything likely to disrupt or prevent spellcasting here?"

            Opus looks confused and whispers to
Kimis something. The all of sudden he Squats down
in a cross legged position. He focuses and
concentrates for a few minutes while she massages
his head slowly and all the while with his eyes
close he smiles. Then all of sudden he gets up and speaks.

            “Ahh lol just like me auntie shaman
did to calm me when when I was a younger man.”

            In comical way maybe he points to
Z'leyra “can you use the rope to tie some one
like a tether and then pull us back through the
portal by retuning back to the portal and
throwing the rope back to us. Since she would be
spawned to my Home world with some spell this may
work. Perhaps some how tether the rope before the
spell to another and keep a Rope line.”

            Upus laughs at this odd idea that
just came to him he continues to say “Well if
this will not work maybe If I stay here long
enough me Chief will die of old age.”

            Kimis laughs out loud.

            “When me Chief dies of old age good
life for my self.” In a change of emotion he
switches to a more serious mood while continuing to speak more direct,

            “Speaking of me Chief these demons
that dwell here would they have reason to trap us
and the others that came first. What is the
reason for the portal. Is this ancient magic
portal tied to those demons that dwell here or
other that do in these low places. I don't want to be demon food!!!”

            He hugs Kimis she smiles and pats his
head. She says, “I love you.”.

            He smiles and responds, back ât “I know!”.

            Arawn turns to Z'leyra to reply to her comments.

            "Right now none of us are able to
cast spells unless it's done innately. And
resting long enough to allow you to cast spells
again could throw us weeks or months into the
future upon returning to the Middle World.

            But if you're asking about magical
items, that might depend on the exact realm."

            With the warning done Arawn turned to
King Strata, dipping his respectfully towards the bes leader.

            "King Strata, may I introduce myself.
I am Arawn, an alfar and druid. We should take a
moment to exchange information. It might prove
insightful in figuring out just what we've stumbled into.

            Might I ask, what have you and your men discovered so far?"

            Later, after the group all went
through what had to be a magic portal, they come
across what appeared to be the Besamar
king.  Waiting for Z’leyra and Arawn to speak, he
goes over to the King and inclines his
head.  "Your Majesty, I presume?    You an some
of the others haven’t been here long.  What can
you tell us about where we are?  Why do you call it the end of the world?"

            Dorhak isn’t especially worried about
the time difference.  Dwarves can come to the
lower world just about anytime.  Many do.  But
these frail humans are a different matter.  Stay
here a year, exhilarating as it can be, would be
death for a human returning. Not sure about the
faerry, but the tall elf would likely be the only
survivor.  Well, Barbosa too.

            “Your Majesty, your servant Crix has
been trying to keep your disappearance a secret
from your people.  To them, it has been almost
two fortnights.  Your servants are worried for
the realm with you gone this long."

            The King looks at Z'leyra and listens
in to Raddok's translation in case he misses
something.  “Wait..alfar?  Diumgi?  That
long?  So what she said is true and what he
said.” He glances at Z'leyra and then Arawn.

            He becomes a bit worried.  “I believe
we are here from a ancient Best and Sidh
coalition.  Come we don't have much time.”

            He moves the party past the “cage” to
the threshold to a larger cave. Along the right
wall are large pictographs, runes and ancient
writing.  Arawn can recognize some ancient elven
as well as Fremea can recognize though not fluent
in Faerry ancient writing/runes.

            The cave is about 30 by 50 and about
12 high.  To the left down the way about 40 feet
it seems to be an opening.  It seems a light
blue/black light shines like twilight colors.

            “I can read the ancient Bes...It
seems this coalition formed a long time
ago.  After a need to extract or get great
artifacts.  Of which I'm not sure.”  He turns and
whistles down the way.  “It seems this was a way
station as the elves called it. But it is not the
way back.”  Two Best run down the hallway toward them.

            “As to portal ..it is one way
only.  We've tried to pass through with no
success.  This wall implies some key will allow
those who have it to leave or if I read it correctly go anywhere.”

            Fremea has a difficult time reading
it as Etain only briefly gave this lesson and she
was bored.  But Arawn it seems he can't read the
Bes writing either but the Elven he can.  It
seems this may be a stepping place indeed.  But
to where and how he can't determine.”

            The king waves the 2 forward and
whispers to them.  The two Bes drop their spears
and head down the way the party came from.

            “Outside its a world of its own.  We
are on a side of a hill and below are a large
forest.  Some mountains are far to the other
side.  We estimate maybe 3-4 miles.  Scale is hard to figure out.”

            Another Bes warrior approaches, “a
runner has returned.  He reports the mountains
have a hidden cave...there is more of that writing there.”

            The king asks, “the others?”

            “The other 3 have not returned from exploring the forest.”

            The King looks to Fremea, “you could
be of great value.  Could you fly and get better idea of things?”

            Dorhak frowns ordering his crew?  He is a king though.

         GM: Actions? Comments

             Next update...Tue/Wed

         GM: Wasn't going to do a update but then
Arawn and Dorhak posted late so figured I can
try.  A short update for now as its midnight and
work tomorrow.  Since this is out late probably
no update Sat so it'll be Tue/Wed.