[pnpgm] Game Update #93 - File #711 - Suits of Freedom

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Sep 6 19:36:36 CEST 2019

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human/Shaman
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #93 sequence (file #711)

            From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
                 dorhak chuckles to
himself.  Certainly he relates to the first

                 "I prefer the Statue of Peace.  The statue of creation.  The

            GM: Ack. I like how you came about
decision not just a quick answer.  Very nice.

         [Ma 3rd, 1636TH]
         [Time: 1:18 pm – South-East of Ma'Dor]

            The magical images show several statues.

            A stone one of a brave dwarf raising a mace possibly in victory?

            A metal looking statue of a dwarf holding a hammer and chisel.

            A bronze like one in color of a dwarf
with gold like objects in one hand and a book in
the other.  The Dwarf is elderly as his beard is long.

            A Ice looking statue of a dwarf
fighting a giant with mace & shield.  It looks
like a equal fight and unsure who will win.

            This is in the tiny space so its in
small scale maybe a 1-3 feet wide and 4-5 tall.

            The voice simply asks.  "What do you consider the best?"

            Dorhak studies the small
statues.  Finally not a riddle.  But why ask him?

            Dorhak chuckles to
himself.  Certainly he relates to the first
statue. Being stone, which dwarves love to carve,
and being a brave dwarf with a mace, the
similarity is striking.  Perhaps too much so.

            The same with the ice sculpture.
Dorhak has heard of dwarves that carve ice, but
only in rumors.  While the Elder Mountains do get
cold, there is usually not that much water
available. Still, to be on par with a giant is a
heady thought indeed.  But no dwarf, except great
heroes of old, can succeed in such a quest.

            The old dwarf statue in bronze is
intriguing, to say the least, especially with the
gold objects in hand.  The book is a bit off
putting, but the elder dwarf is a true image of
wisdom and knowledge. But Dorhak isn’t really much of a reader or scholar.

            The metal dwarf with hammer and
chisel is truly the one he likes.  It’s an image
of what Dwarfdom is.  We work hard, not wanting
to or trying to simply fight, but instead to
dream and create!  While most of us do take a
martial path for part of our lives, it is
especially done not for the fight or glory,
though there certainly is glory in defeating the
great enemies, but it’s done so we might create in peace.

            "I prefer the Statue of Peace.  The
statue of creation.  The statue of dreams.  I
prefer the one with hammer and chisel.  For it is what I seek for myself."

            The magical images disappear and the
runes turn dark.  Only dim light from cave
entrance and Velf's discarded torch
remain.  Everyone holds their breath. Then the
voice speaks and the wards turn a pale green
hue.  “Congratulations.  What lies beyond is a
treasure the dwarves secreted away centuries
ago.  By choosing to enter you take the
responsibility and duty to uphold the
guardianship of the treasure. Not to abuse it or
allow it in the wrong hands.  Stand back.”

            A rumble all around is heard and
under both groups a new non magical rock bridge
forms between the two cliffs.  The wall begins to fade into nothingness.

            Velf leaps onto the bridges and runs
for the fading wall as he grabs his torch.  “You
will be rich my boy!!! Rich!”  He smiles at
Dorhak as he forces himself past Dorhak moving into darkness.

            Dorhak lifts his mace ready to bash
Velf but the tiny human is fast.  He follows
grumbling.  Dorhak has better eyes in this place
than the others.  Caves are natural to his
kind.  Dorhak and those who follow find
themselves in a short tunnel about 80 feet long.
About 6 feet wide and 7 feet at places tall.  The
Sidh do not sense any magic here.

            It finally opens up into a large
cavern.  This time it is about 120 feet long and
90-100 feet wide. The ceiling is hard to tell as
its darkness even more than usual even for the
Sidh and Dwarves.  Dorhak notices a bit o flash
as Velf makes his way to the threshold of the
cavern.  Then he realizes the flash are now
torches that begin to light up magically.

            Velf laughs, “centuries dead torches
that suddenly are lit!  If only we could harness that power we'd be rich!”

            Raddok hears echos of this and tries to translate for the Fomorian.

            Dorhak slows as he enters the
cavern.  He looks around.  The ceiling he can't
tell its height?  The torches that are slowly
lighting on their own are about every 8 feet
along the walls but are up about 15 feet
high.  But this is where Dorhak is stunned.

            By each torch high up is a gleaming
suit of armor.  Dorhak quickly figures the
figures are dwarves based on size.  Fae would not
wear such suits.  In fact dwarves would not
either unless Kings or rich.  The suits of armor
– light plate or full plate – are too short for humans.

            Each Suit is holding mace and
shield.  Dorhak squints and sees the hands are
almost skeletal.  A breath of relief only for show not real.

            Dorhak looks down and finds no other
way out of here.  The cavern is showing no other
side tunnels. Good a place to end this human.

            Dorhak looks behind him as he sees the others come near him.

            Dorhak looks back into the cavern and
notice its empty of piles of gold or treasure
though!  But there is a pillar of rock near the
other side about 60 feet away.  It is in the
center of the floor between the walls.  As Dorhak
notices the pillar is more a incline.  It goes up
about 8 feet.  Dorhak notices Velf moving that way.

            Dorhak grumbles and runs to stop the
man.  But he has a head start of 50 feet or
so.  Dorhak took too long studying the dwarf Suits.

            Dorhak notice Velf stop at the pillar
and disappear around it.  The pillar is about 6 feet wide it seems.

            As the others enter the cave they see
the same thing.  Then some are lucky to see Velf disappear around pillar.

            The Sidh sense no magic except the
torches which are clearly auto-magic. But the
Suits and Pillar seem to show nothing.  But
doesn't mean its masked by rock or suit.

            Barbosa huffs, “where did the slime go?”

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update...Tuesday?

         GM: First thanks for the hurricane well
wishes.  It was a dude for us.  Just drizzle
which we get on a average summer day.  Beaches
were hit far worse than where I was about 30 min
away.  Not even a power flicker.  Out of 1
million in Jax only 1 thousand lost power at
beaches.  I think SC had worse with tornadoes and
such.  I have started my vacation time (off
Mon/Thur and normal off tue/wed) So this will
help with updates up until new year.  So 4 day
weeks till January.  We move on after the easy
riddles. :) Now ALL can do stuff again.  Fremea
will you be in dress or winged out?  I got 2 doc
things next week so unsure when next update will
be.  Will try Wednesday but may be delayed till Thursday.