[pnpgm] Game Update #54 - Update #490 - Boards come and boarders go...

Tobie Bonahoom bonahoom at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 15 03:41:00 CET 2019


Fremea notices the one looking her way? Maybe? Well, just in case she will fly to the side and cast teleport (EL 0) to pop behind their ship and then start firing, that way it is not taking forever to get there and she can just stop this damn ship from even getting a chance. And she will also look at the ship and crew with her Mana sensing.


Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

________________________________
From: pnpgm <pnpgm-bounces at list.powersandperils.org> on behalf of pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2019 3:03 PM
To: pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org
Subject: [pnpgm] Game Update #54 - Update #490 - Boards come and boarders go...







   Character Name
Type
Player
Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human/Shaman
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbasa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to
Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

        Game Web
Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
        Public
posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
        Private
emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

        Game
Update #54 sequence (file #490)

----------------------------------------------------------------

        Admin
Notes: None.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [Recap]


   From Unali: [Re: Actions]

        Unali draws her
daggers an charges the closest pirate. 'Surrender or die. Now!'


        She will attack
with two daggers the first phase and if the pirate survives that first
attack switch to one dagger offense, one dagger defense after that.

   GM: Ack. I figured. :)


   From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]

        [Apris 23rd,
1636TH]

        Z'leyra would
have used her healing skills to make a tea that would reduce the headache
Kiet was feeling.


        [Apris 27th,
1636TH]

        [Time: 2:13:36
pm]

        Hearing the
pirates' demand, Z'leyra drops her bow to the deck and charges the
nearest pirate(s) while drawing her Great sword Upon getting close enough
to (aggressively) strike she will attempt to subdue the pirates, knocking
them out with her blade.

        Â ( I suppose
that she should learn their language sometime.)

   GM: Ack.


   From Pyan: [Re: Actions]

        Pyan is left with
a few second to ponder their situation after...

   GM: Ack.  Ships communicate via flags, smoke,
mirror/light.


   From Raddok: [Re: Actions]

        Raddok, waiting
for the ships to close, draws his sword,...

   GM: Ack.


   From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]

        Before the
boarding, Dorhak tells Mournath "you may have...

   GM: Ack.


   From Mournath: [Re: Actions]

        [In reply to
Dorhak] Aye' Captain!



        Mournath puts
some steel into his gaze and ice to his...

   GM: Ack. I did the rolls.  If you estimate...Ship B is
going against wind you have tail wind.  So Ship B has to alter
course in a oblique angle to use water surface currents to move NW.
Based on ship that size and current speed he'll have to turn at 40 feet
if no wind.  So probably 70-80 feet.  But he may be stupid and
continue on. :)


   From Kiet: [Re: Actions]

        If Kiet is within
range, he will cast Abandon thru his wand on the boarder that spoke,
assuming he is their leader.
 Then, if there is time, cast Entangle on any non-engaged (i.e. not
in melee) boarder.  It's a boat. There should be plenty of rope
lying around.

        For both of
these, cast max EL that can be done in one phase.

        After the others
have started fighting them, Kiet will turn his attention back to the ship
to stern.

   GM: Ack.  Looks like will have range barely.  As
to ropes well most ropes on deck are the harbor ones as big as a elephant
leg.  So small thin ropes are usually cleaned up aside fro
m the rigging too far to get to.


   From Kiet: [Re: Actions]

        Oh...and Kiet
will use The Elder language casting the abandon spell.

        I figure the
probable leader's hesitation can’t hurt.  If this allows me to
increase EL without increasing time to cast, please do that.
Thanx!

   GM: Ack.



   From Mae: [Re: AWOL status]

        Folks, I
apologize, Before the holidays, during and now after, I haven't logged in
for well over several months.  I don't like holidays and it takes me
a bit before I can get back to normal.  I'll be posting soon and
getting back into the game.

   GM: Ack. Sent to me in email looked like a public thing so
posted here.


-------------------------------------------------------------
        [New
Stuff]

        [Apris
27th, 1636TH]
      [Time: 2:10:00 pm]


   Dorhak tells Mournath, "you may have to decide yourself
when to veer off to avoid the collision.  I may be busy, but I’ll
try to join you and make the call."  He reaches up to pat him
on the shoulder for assurance.


   Dorhak gives a calculation to his mental purse – if both
ships sink from this collision he'll lose a couple hundred gold.  He
mentally cringes and smiles at the Helmsman.


   Mournath nods, “Aye' Captain!”


   Mournath puts some steel into his gaze and ice to his nerves
as he stares down the oncoming ship.  Spreading his feet for a wider
stance he plants his spear near at hand into the deck, ready in case he
is rushed.

        [Time:
2:13:39 pm]
        [Turn 15:
Phase 1 - [Phase 173]]


   Corona dives toward one of the pirates on deck for a claw
attack.  But at the last second the man ducks as the white eagle
climbs back to the sky.


   Fremea invisible continues flying toward Ship B getting
another 80 feet from the Black Depths.  She still has another
thousand feet and uses the time to study the deck.  The pirates seem
calm as if in a normal routine.  But a couple seem agitated ordering
things on deck.  One seems to be using flags quickly to talk to ship
A she assumes.


   Pyan is left with a few seconds to ponder their situation
after getting himself prepared. The pirate ships seem to well timed, they
would need someway to coordinate their attacks, and communicating over
opposite horizons can only mean one thing.... "Oh shit they are
using magic!"  Pyan is on the look out for anyone that seems to
be using magic and makes them his top priority.  Then the pirate
leader speaks and he turns.  Suddenly 4 strange men are on
deck.  He raises his bow at the closest pirate and fires.  But
the arrow goes wide in this gal force winds and he misses.


   Kiet turns to the direction of the spoken voice.  One
of those 2 men on the port side? He chooses the one with the confident
look as the other one looks like a rookie fighter.  He speaks in the
Elder tongue and casts his Abandon.  But the words seem to slip and
he messes up the supernatural language.  While the spell technically
worked the man is just out of reach. If the tongue had worked it'd have
been just in range.


   Ship A is now only 244 behind the black depths.
Pirates begin to line up at the fore with bows ready to fire.


   Arawn continues his invisible flight toward Ship A making
another 60 feet closer now about 120 odd feet away from the ship. But too
far for his spell plans.


   The Wolf growls and nudges Ix about the boarders but remains
in place.


   Unali draws her daggers and charges the closest pirate.
“Surrender or die. Now!”  Unali charges the man by the one who just
spoke stabbing him in the left lower abdomen doing 38 points of damage of
course the other dagger hits but the man is already dead.


   Ship B gets closer now just over 2 thousand feet away.


   Finn rushes the boarders as the other sailors hammering down
the sails as the ship glides over the waves.


   Z'leyra turns and drops her bow.  She draws her great
sword and charges the leader near Unali.


   Raddok, waiting for the ships to close, draws his sword,
resting the point on the deck in front of him, & happens to catch
sight of the ring he now wears on his right hand - the one Arawn gifted
him a few days before. He looks at it, startled that he's forgotten about
it, and immediately begins to plan the most effective use for it. He
smiles slowly, grimly - not yet, but very soon - when those ships are
closer - a not-so-lovely surprise for the pirates, indeed - if someone
else doesn't beat him to the punch, he grins fiercely. He reviews in his
mind the trigger word, & begins to judge distances.


   Suddenly several strange men appear, coming aboard on both
sides of the ship. Pirates? They yell something that he doesn't
understand & he looks quickly about, not sure if he should attack or
not. Seeing Unali attack the man nearest to her, Raddok draws his great
sword and charges to the man on the opposite side of the ship from Unali.
He approaches swiftly, with a fierce yell, and prepares to swing the
blade from his right flank across the body, at an upward angle, of the
closest 'pirate,' also preparing to change his swing to block the man's
sword if necessary, but hoping to kill or totally disable the man, so he
can then attack the other. He keeps his target between himself and the
2nd man on this ship's rail.


   Raddok impales the pirate #4 on starboard side of sip doing
10 points of damage to his middle right ribs killing the man.


   Barbosa charges toward one of the pirates with mace.


   Dorhak moves from Mournath and charges the last pirate on
the starboard side when Raddok killed the other.  He thrusts his
sword but fails to hit.  In Marentia he yells out. "Get off my
ship!"  The good Captain has already decided not to give one
whit of quarter, and charges.


   The leader pirate turns and swings at Unali with his sword
but she ducks in time to avoid the strike.


   The pirate Dorhak just tried to hit says, “it usually
works!”  Then he runs toward the railing and climbs leaping over the
side into the water.

        [Time:
2:13:42 pm]
        [Turn 15:
Phase 2 - [Phase 174]]


   Suddenly 9 arrows fly from Ship A.  The wind helps
speed them toward the Black Depths.  But lucky only 1 has any target
of Mournath.  However thanks to Kiet stacking some crates behind him
the arrow hits the crate and bounces off.


   Kiet ducks under the crates as he sees arrow whiz past him
left and right and one almost hitting Mournath.  He changes his mind
on the entangle spell.  While it might be fun the nearest rope is
huge plus Unali and Z'leyra will probably kill the leader before he
finishes the spell.  He turns to peer over the crates and its now
only 250 or so feet from Ship A.  in second it'll be under 200. He
casts a elemental pact with the air spirits using his wand.  As he
finishes the spell he can feel the air full of energy around him.
Not only did he got the spell working but its as if he did it in an
exceeding way.


    Arawn moves toward the ship and now in range casts his
friendly current at the ship.  Suddenly 8 men at the front of the
ship go sprawling backwards as if hit by a brick wall.  Those men
holding bows drop or lose them.  The rigging on Ship A begins to
creak and moan under the pressure but noting breaks.  The poor
pirate at the wheel breaks a finger as the keel fights back.  He
begins to yell at the wheel like its a living thing.  Arawn smiles
and though doesn't like harming folks in general this worked out better
than expected.  The ship is dead in the water.

   Fremea flies toward Ship B still but now notices a man in a
spyglass look excited and waving.  She doubts they can see her but
the man holding the flags is not moving as if confused what to do
now.


   Kiet peers over the crates and his jaw drops.  The
front of ship A is a odd sight. It does not show any waves hitting the
bow breaking through the water.  In fact there are only waves on the
sides.  Then he sees men on deck standing as if fallen.  The
ship is not moving?  He starts his power for a lightning attack but
the best he can do is around 150 feet.  The ship is around 240-250
feet. Too far for his bolts!


   Unali strikes at the last pirate on board and fails to hit
as he ducks and she parries a blow from his sword with other
dagger.  This one is a bit more skilled for sure.


   Finn charges toward the pirate and hits in the left shoulder
doing 3 points.


   Z'leyra gets to the last pirate and swings toward the back
of his head but her magical great sword is so powerful that even a light
tap to subdue was enough to kill the man as he falls dead to the deck.


   Raddok moves to the railing just in time to see the coward
pirate hit the water and dive under.

        Actions?
Comments?

        Next
Update...Tuesday/Wednesday?

        GM: Dang
you Arawn!  You allow me no fun! :) Now I'll have to figure out
another plan to have fun.  Ship A is 244 feet behind Black Depth is
moving 60 feet per phase so in next 2 phases they'll be 244+60+60 too far
for bows.  Arawn should arrive at ship A in next phase plus a few
feet. Fremea is 990 feet ahead of player ship or 1060 from ship B so it
will take her even another 15 phases to get to ship B.  Black depth
will need another 2,060 feet to reach Ship B.  How about I jump us
10 phases? Or at least 8?  Since next few phases will be uneventful
aside from Arawn on Ship A.  Anyone object?  Will do update
either Tue or Wed depending on what I need to get don e on other
stuff.

        GM: Arawn
– Will cast the sonic spell next phase. Then what next few phases?


    Fremea – Your fast flier but still got distance to go
unless need a boost to shorten gap. :)


   Kiet – Will do iron skin next phase but moot now since ship
will be out of range in next phase.  Change of plans?


   Pyan – You could try a potshot with bow at coward pirate in
water might have one chance.

      GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or
less

Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th


Character
Date
Learning          Notes

Raddok
Mar 26th
Marentian
Success

Pyan
Mar 29th   Eagle from Corona   Fail

Pyan
Mar  30th  Eagle from Corona   Success

Kiet
Apr  3rd
Bhamotin
Success

Unali
Apr  4th   Bhamotin from Kiet  Success

Fremea
Apr  5th   Bhamotin from Kiet  Success


Unali
Apr  19th   Cerulean from Arawn Success


Raddok
        Apr
22nd    Cerulean from Arawn Success


Raddok

    Apr  23rd    Fomorian from Unali
Failure


Raddok

    Apr  24rd    Fomorian from Unali
Failure


Raddok

    Apr  25rd    Fomorian from Unali
Failure


Raddok

    Apr  26th    Fomorian from Unali
Success


        GM: Watch
Assignments:


First  ( 7-10pm) - Dorhak, Raddok, Ix

Second (10- 1am) - Arawn, Mae, Pyan

Third  ( 1- 4am) - Fremea, Z'leyra, Mournath

Fourth ( 4- 7am) - Unali, Kiet, Barbasa


   GM: Spells



    Player
Spell  EL  Start   Duration ends  Cast #


Arawn
Flight        Max 2:13:36
2:15:12

    1


Fremea Invisibility  Max 2:11:00
2:14:00
2


Z'leyra
Clairvoyance  Max 2:13:00 4:13:00


    1


   GM: Record keeping




Player


Notes




Location


Arawn

        Scale, Bow,
Shield, Sw, Dagger, Helm, Wand   Aft

          Dorhak

        Armor*,
Mace/Shield, Dagger,
Sword
          Amidships

          Fremea

        Leather, Bow,
Dagger,
Sword


    Flying

          Kiet

        Leather*, Dagger,
Bulwark, Shield, Helm, Wand Aft


Ix

        Leather, Helm,
Sword, Bow,
Dagger

    Front


Mae

        Crossbow,
Quilted,
Dagger


Amidships

          Mournath

        Leather, Spear,
Knives



Wheel


Raddok
        Grt Sw,
Dagg, Quilted/Leather,
Helm         Amidships


Unali
        Many daggers,
Sling, Armor, Helm, Bow
Amid-ship

          Z'leyra

        Chain Armor,
Staff, Great Sword, Helm, Bow  Aft




Note: ** Formatting for RAddoks copied text waiting on ships is odd. Bad in web but seems ok in m openoffice and here in email.  So must be some odd cahracter in teh paragraph i coped from his email? dunno.  But its 1230 and I'm brain dead.  Need sleep..so excuse formating ;)



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20190115/96703844/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list