[pnpgm] Game Update #107 - File #798 - The welcoem party

Tobie Bonahoom bonahoom at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 11 07:56:40 CET 2019


Fremea hears strange sounds of yelling outside, it seems familiar, yet does not place it. She thinks that it would be best if she makes sure the others will not wake up and continues on her way to put another one to sleep.

She will use her wings slightly to move with her levitation to the next one, quickly paralyzing the next one.


Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

________________________________
From: pnpgm <pnpgm-bounces at list.powersandperils.org> on behalf of pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, December 6, 2019 7:10 PM
To: pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org <pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org>
Subject: [pnpgm] Game Update #107 - File #798 - The welcoem party












   Character Name
Type
Player
Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast

        Game Web
Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
        Public
posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
        Private
emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

        Game
Update #107 sequence (file #798)

----------------------------------------------------------------

        Admin
Notes: None.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [Recap]


   From Fremea: [Re: Actions]

        After Fremea
tells Dorhak about the cave, she will make her way back to the cave.
Before going in, she will make sure her invis is good and then case
levitate on herself (EL1). She will then move over to the guard, quietly
and quickly knocking him out and making sure he can not make any noise.
She would normally just slit the throat, but that annoying Arawn get his
voice in her head about this might be an innocent. She will have to purge
that voice later.

   GM: Ack.


   From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]

        "Aye!"
says Dorhak.  "A good idea.

   GM: Ack.


   From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]

        Z'leyra responds
to Dorhak "Yes, I will talk to the horses... …

   GM: Ack.


   From Arawn: [Re: Actions]

        "If the
guard manages to call out an alarm I'm prepared to cast a …


        OOC: Unless told
otherwise Arawn would like to cast the Sleep Mist forward, to catch the
sleeping men before they rouse themselves (assuming he sees they're in
range). He'll cast at max EL, boosted with Sidh Tongue.

   GM: Ack.


   From Dorhak: [Re: actions]

        "We don’t
want to kill the human.  We don’t know they took the …

   GM: Ack. So that's entire party inside.  Cool :)


   From Raddok: [Re: Actions]

        [OOC: just got
new/rebuilt computer (Win10) & still waiting for the MSOffice package
to come from my brother, so not accessing documents from old machine at
this time, and writing onto the email instead of the copy/paste from
written records of Game #8.]


         Raddok falls
into line beside Dorhak, as the dwarf …

   GM: Ack. Good luck on new pc!


   From Pyan: [Re: Actions]

        Pyan examines the
ceiling of the cave as they advance through it. No one ever looks at the
ceiling.

        Archery: Will it
EVER be the same again? Wow.

   GM: Ack.


--------------------------------------------------------------------
        [New
Stuff]

        [Ma 3rd,
1636TH]

        [Time:
?:?? am – Unknown]


   Fremea gives her report to Dorhak.


   "We don’t want to kill the human.  We don’t know
they took the book.  Besides, we can always kill later.  Make
damn sure you keep the guard quiet, Fremea.  Sleep spell might work
too, if you have such a thing."

"i want to do this quietly and quickly."  Dorhak looks
over to Arawn and Z'leyra and says "can either of you do something
to keep the horses calm and quiet?  I don’t want them running off
when we could put them to use."


   "I want everyone to remember: they may not be
hostiles.  We don’t know yet.  Let’s not take any chances of
making enemies we don’t need to make, but let’s not take chances of
getting hurt either."


   “We go in afterward, keeping Fremea in front as long as
invisible, followed by Unali.  I’m gonna want Z’leyra and Mournath
in front, Pyandalgor next to track, me and Raddok next, Arawn and Kiet
following up."


   "Fremea will have to step back when she becomes visible
since her wing flapping will make noise."


   "If the guard manages to call out an alarm I'm prepared
to cast a Sleep Mist into the chamber ahead," Arawn informed the
party.


   "Aye!" says Dorhak.  "A good idea.
Do it!"


   Z'leyra responds to Dorhak, "Yes, I will talk to the
horses...they will nicker in response, but it shouldn't be very loud. I
expect that they will follow any non-violent suggestions I give
them."


   Raddok falls into line beside Dorhak, as the dwarf had
ordered. He will use both his mining, underground survival I&II
skills to study the cave, to determine if passages and other spaces have
been created for what appears to start out as a wide, natural cave, and
to look for possible weaknesses along the cave ceilings/walls, possible
half-hidden narrow side entries, and signs of water seepage or pooling,
as well as the normal beasties to be found in caves (bats, spiders &
such). Seeing the presence of the horses, he will quietly offer his
Teamster skills to  assist Arawn or whoever to calm/steady the
beasts while in the area. He will sheathe his mace & move shield to
his back, if needed to help with horses. He finds he is automatically
looking for oatbags, etc to help quiet the horses.


   Fremea moves to mouth of the cave.  While talking to
Dorhak on her report she dug in her bags for a flask.  Then tips her
dagger blade tip into it.  Then places flask back into her
bags.  She casts a levitate and using very minor wing use to gently
float toward the guard.


   Unali surveys the cave and estimates that it will be
difficult for the group to enter the cave and not be seen by the guard.
If the guard would be taken out, then things change. Unali sees or rather
hears Fremea fly off and creeps forward to the rims of the cave and peers
in.


   The horses seem to be skittish and disturbed by something.
Unali considers throwing a small stone in their midst might create just
the distraction to the guard she needs to enter unnoticed and get behind
him.


   As Fremea reaches halfway toward the guard the horses
suddenly skitter and shift from left to the right toward the guard.
They are all looking down and to the left but not toward Fremea?  At
this distance they couldn't have sensed her?


   The guard looks the horses and grunts.  Stupid
horses.  He rolls to his side to start to stand up when Fremea
reaches him.  With deft hands she stabs the dagger into his neck at
the main artery.  But its done so fast like a insect bite. The man
grunts and grabs his neck to inspect the bug and slumps forward.  He
rolls onto his back just as he tries to speak but no words escape.
Fremea grins that worked faster than expected if only she can mass
produce that poison.


   From the other side Unali slips past and isn't seen by
Fremea.  She peers between the horses and sees the man down, mouth
open so Fremea must've got to him first.  She crosses to the right
to peer around the corner.


   The others quickly enter.  Raddok quickly discovers the
cave is natural and there are signs of bear past hibernation like flakes
of fur and claw marks on walls.


   Z'leyra moves to stop the horses from trampling the guard
and asks them to calm down.  But their excited words seem to
indicate they were scared by some snake?


   Pyan enters and examines the ceiling to understand it is a
natural cave with stalactites.  But the cave is dry with possible
water erosion being centuries in the past?  Pyan squints and can
barely make out clefts and holes where bats probably live at night.
But now none exist – probably scared by these people. Thea rocks seem to
be limestone and basic basalts.  But nothing fancy so probably means
this is not a worthy mine if it is.


   Now with party inside Unali peers around and sees about 4
others on the ground mats lying down.  There is a single candle half
burnt down flickering.  The sleepers are about 12-15 feet
away.


   Pyan's ears perk up.  He has heard that sound before a
snack.  A crack. Branches or limbs breaking.  Behind him he
turns to the cave entrance.  As Arawn also perks up hearing noises
with his keen ears.


   Dorhak stares and wonders why they are now looking at the
entrance to cave? Then he hears a low grade whistle like a bird.


   Then flickers of flame appear from outside!  Dorhak
curses could they have walked into a trap?  Not leaving a sentry
outside?  Those flickers look like torches.


   Dorhak and Pyan peer outside in between the bushes that
block the entrance. Sure enough there are a half dozen torches from left
to right side.  All inside the thick forest but one which is in the
open.  Holding that one torch is a man.


   A voice is spoken loud and directed to the cave it
seems.  But the language no one seems to understand.  The voice
bellows again.


   Unali watches as a sleeper stirs to the voice.  If this
was a trap why are they sleeping?


   Then the voice changes language, “come out and surrender and
we'll allow some of you to live! You trespass in our lands we are in our
rights!”


   Raddok looks at Dorhak as Dorhak realizes the language is
Dwarf elder!


   Indeed Dorhak peers at the man holding the torch and
realizes he is only 4 or so feet tall.  But if he is a dwarf he is a
weird one as he has no beard!  No sane dwarf would be alive without
a beard!


   Pyan looks at Dorhak for options.


   The echoes from outside bounce off walls of cave.  The
one stirring raises up this elbows just as Unali gets near.  He
doesn't see her but panics.  He shouts out a few words – just as
Unali knocks him out with her dagger.


   Unali doesn't understand the words.  But Kiet does as a
shiver runs down his spine.  He glances at the paralyzed guard and
goes pale.  His eyes, eyebrows, features, chin and hair.  Kiet
pales as he realizes the words 'wake up! They've found us!' are in his
native Lemasan!

        GM:
Actions? Comments?


    Next update...Saturday?

        GM: Sorry
for delays.  Staff issues not showing up on time and other stuff
going on.  I have 2 weeks more of tue/thur busy days so hopefully
once that is over will have more free time.  I can TRY to do update
Wednesday if staff helps else probably not till Saturday.

        GM: Damage




Player
        Damage

        Barbosa

        16+4+1+5 [Unclear
fully, Revived]

        Unali


        6

        Raddok

        1 [1 Healing]

        Arawn


        5


Z'leyra
        4





-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20191211/81967c60/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list