[pnpgm] Game Update #107 - File #798 - The welcoem party

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sat Dec 7 03:10:02 CET 2019











    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast

         Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #107 sequence (file #798)
         ----------------------------------------------------------------

         Admin Notes: None.
         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [Recap]

            From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
                 After Fremea tells Dorhak about 
the cave, she will make her way back to the cave. 
Before going in, she will make sure her invis is 
good and then case levitate on herself (EL1). She 
will then move over to the guard, quietly and 
quickly knocking him out and making sure he can 
not make any noise. She would normally just slit 
the throat, but that annoying Arawn get his voice 
in her head about this might be an innocent. She 
will have to purge that voice later.
            GM: Ack.

            From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
                 "Aye!" says Dorhak.  "A good idea.
            GM: Ack.

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
                 Z'leyra responds to Dorhak "Yes, 
I will talk to the horses... 

            GM: Ack.

            From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
                 "If the guard manages to call 
out an alarm I'm prepared to cast a 


                 OOC: Unless told otherwise Arawn 
would like to cast the Sleep Mist forward, to 
catch the sleeping men before they rouse 
themselves (assuming he sees they're in range). 
He'll cast at max EL, boosted with Sidh Tongue.
            GM: Ack.

            From Dorhak: [Re: actions]
                 "We don’t want to kill the 
human.  We don’t know they took the 

            GM: Ack. So that's entire party inside.  Cool :)

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 [OOC: just got new/rebuilt 
computer (Win10) & still waiting for the MSOffice 
package to come from my brother, so not accessing 
documents from old machine at this time, and 
writing onto the email instead of the copy/paste 
from written records of Game #8.]

                  Raddok falls into line beside Dorhak, as the dwarf 

            GM: Ack. Good luck on new pc!

            From Pyan: [Re: Actions]
                 Pyan examines the ceiling of the 
cave as they advance through it. No one ever looks at the ceiling.
                 Archery: Will it EVER be the same again? Wow.
            GM: Ack.

         --------------------------------------------------------------------
         [New Stuff]

         [Ma 3rd, 1636TH]

         [Time: ?:?? am – Unknown]

            Fremea gives her report to Dorhak.

            "We don’t want to kill the human.  We 
don’t know they took the book.  Besides, we can 
always kill later.  Make damn sure you keep the 
guard quiet, Fremea.  Sleep spell might work too, if you have such a thing."

"i want to do this quietly and quickly."  Dorhak 
looks over to Arawn and Z'leyra and says "can 
either of you do something to keep the horses 
calm and quiet?  I don’t want them running off when we could put them to use."

            "I want everyone to remember: they 
may not be hostiles.  We don’t know yet.  Let’s 
not take any chances of making enemies we don’t 
need to make, but let’s not take chances of getting hurt either."

            “We go in afterward, keeping Fremea 
in front as long as invisible, followed by 
Unali.  I’m gonna want Z’leyra and Mournath in 
front, Pyandalgor next to track, me and Raddok 
next, Arawn and Kiet following up."

            "Fremea will have to step back when 
she becomes visible since her wing flapping will make noise."

            "If the guard manages to call out an 
alarm I'm prepared to cast a Sleep Mist into the 
chamber ahead," Arawn informed the party.

            "Aye!" says Dorhak.  "A good idea.  Do it!"

            Z'leyra responds to Dorhak, "Yes, I 
will talk to the horses...they will nicker in 
response, but it shouldn't be very loud. I expect 
that they will follow any non-violent suggestions I give them."

            Raddok falls into line beside Dorhak, 
as the dwarf had ordered. He will use both his 
mining, underground survival I&II skills to study 
the cave, to determine if passages and other 
spaces have been created for what appears to 
start out as a wide, natural cave, and to look 
for possible weaknesses along the cave 
ceilings/walls, possible half-hidden narrow side 
entries, and signs of water seepage or pooling, 
as well as the normal beasties to be found in 
caves (bats, spiders & such). Seeing the presence 
of the horses, he will quietly offer his Teamster 
skills to  assist Arawn or whoever to calm/steady 
the beasts while in the area. He will sheathe his 
mace & move shield to his back, if needed to help 
with horses. He finds he is automatically looking 
for oatbags, etc to help quiet the horses.

            Fremea moves to mouth of the 
cave.  While talking to Dorhak on her report she 
dug in her bags for a flask.  Then tips her 
dagger blade tip into it.  Then places flask back 
into her bags.  She casts a levitate and using 
very minor wing use to gently float toward the guard.

            Unali surveys the cave and estimates 
that it will be difficult for the group to enter 
the cave and not be seen by the guard. If the 
guard would be taken out, then things change. 
Unali sees or rather hears Fremea fly off and 
creeps forward to the rims of the cave and peers in.

            The horses seem to be skittish and 
disturbed by something. Unali considers throwing 
a small stone in their midst might create just 
the distraction to the guard she needs to enter unnoticed and get behind him.

            As Fremea reaches halfway toward the 
guard the horses suddenly skitter and shift from 
left to the right toward the guard.  They are all 
looking down and to the left but not toward 
Fremea?  At this distance they couldn't have sensed her?

            The guard looks the horses and 
grunts.  Stupid horses.  He rolls to his side to 
start to stand up when Fremea reaches him.  With 
deft hands she stabs the dagger into his neck at 
the main artery.  But its done so fast like a 
insect bite. The man grunts and grabs his neck to 
inspect the bug and slumps forward.  He rolls 
onto his back just as he tries to speak but no 
words escape.  Fremea grins that worked faster 
than expected if only she can mass produce that poison.

            From the other side Unali slips past 
and isn't seen by Fremea.  She peers between the 
horses and sees the man down, mouth open so 
Fremea must've got to him first.  She crosses to 
the right to peer around the corner.

            The others quickly enter.  Raddok 
quickly discovers the cave is natural and there 
are signs of bear past hibernation like flakes of 
fur and claw marks on walls.

            Z'leyra moves to stop the horses from 
trampling the guard and asks them to calm 
down.  But their excited words seem to indicate they were scared by some snake?

            Pyan enters and examines the ceiling 
to understand it is a natural cave with 
stalactites.  But the cave is dry with possible 
water erosion being centuries in the past?  Pyan 
squints and can barely make out clefts and holes 
where bats probably live at night.  But now none 
exist – probably scared by these people. Thea 
rocks seem to be limestone and basic 
basalts.  But nothing fancy so probably means 
this is not a worthy mine if it is.

            Now with party inside Unali peers 
around and sees about 4 others on the ground mats 
lying down.  There is a single candle half burnt 
down flickering.  The sleepers are about 12-15 feet away.

            Pyan's ears perk up.  He has heard 
that sound before a snack.  A crack. Branches or 
limbs breaking.  Behind him he turns to the cave 
entrance.  As Arawn also perks up hearing noises with his keen ears.

            Dorhak stares and wonders why they 
are now looking at the entrance to cave? Then he 
hears a low grade whistle like a bird.

            Then flickers of flame appear from 
outside!  Dorhak curses could they have walked 
into a trap?  Not leaving a sentry outside?  Those flickers look like torches.

            Dorhak and Pyan peer outside in 
between the bushes that block the entrance. Sure 
enough there are a half dozen torches from left 
to right side.  All inside the thick forest but 
one which is in the open.  Holding that one torch is a man.

            A voice is spoken loud and directed 
to the cave it seems.  But the language no one 
seems to understand.  The voice bellows again.

            Unali watches as a sleeper stirs to 
the voice.  If this was a trap why are they sleeping?

            Then the voice changes language, 
“come out and surrender and we'll allow some of 
you to live! You trespass in our lands we are in our rights!”

            Raddok looks at Dorhak as Dorhak 
realizes the language is Dwarf elder!

            Indeed Dorhak peers at the man 
holding the torch and realizes he is only 4 or so 
feet tall.  But if he is a dwarf he is a weird 
one as he has no beard!  No sane dwarf would be alive without a beard!

            Pyan looks at Dorhak for options.

            The echoes from outside bounce off 
walls of cave.  The one stirring raises up this 
elbows just as Unali gets near.  He doesn't see 
her but panics.  He shouts out a few words – just 
as Unali knocks him out with her dagger.

            Unali doesn't understand the 
words.  But Kiet does as a shiver runs down his 
spine.  He glances at the paralyzed guard and 
goes pale.  His eyes, eyebrows, features, chin 
and hair.  Kiet pales as he realizes the words 
'wake up! They've found us!' are in his native Lemasan!

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next update...Saturday?

         GM: Sorry for delays.  Staff issues not 
showing up on time and other stuff going on.  I 
have 2 weeks more of tue/thur busy days so 
hopefully once that is over will have more free 
time.  I can TRY to do update Wednesday if staff 
helps else probably not till Saturday.

         GM: Damage

                     Player              Damage
                 Barbosa         16+4+1+5 [Unclear fully, Revived]
                 Unali                   6
                 Raddok          1 [1 Healing]
                 Arawn                   5
               Z'leyra           4



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20191206/bf9b59a8/attachment.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list