[pnpgm] Game Update #70 - File #563 - Final leg to Vahear....there be beasts over the horizon!

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Apr 7 04:52:29 CEST 2019

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human/Shaman
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #70 sequence (file #563)

            From Pyan: [Re; Languages]
                 Pyan doesn't look over the
treasure be quiet happy with his current
supplies. so unless someone mentions a thing they
think Pyan would be interested in Pyan will
happily take his share of the gold, more a thing
of respect(both the party toward him by offering
it and him towards the party by accepting it)
than actually valuing it for wealth.

                 BTW Pyan's SOP with the language
necklace is to retry failures the next day if no
one else is going to use it. I thought I
mentioned that but you don't show it on the necklace uses
            GM: Ack.  I like your view on
loot.  There is some argument that this loot was
from slain innocents and party profits off
them.  It'd take a LONG time to track down folks
if they still live.  So in the end its good to
end the threat (pirates) and take the gold.
Probably did mention it past on necklace but I
forgot or didn't take a note. Or rather the bad
dwarfs failed to do so my staff.  Bad dwarves!

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 (Apris 27th, approx 3 pm)

                 Raddok is impressed by Pyan's
comment, and thinks about it while he is cleaning his armor & weapons.

                 (Apris 27th, approx 4:30 pm)

                 Reviewing the posted list of the
pirate treasures & folks' posted requests, Raddok
sees Unali & Z'leyra also want the tapestries, &
Unali would like the silver eating utensils. He
also notices Dorhak's interest in the magical
bracelet of protection. Raddok sees his name on
the list requesting the Map of a located treasure.

                 He stands there for a few
minutes, thinking. He then crosses off his name
under the treasure Map & writes his initials by
his marked-out name (He'd far rather accompany
someone else, or a party going on that treasure
hunt, than own the map himself.) &  then crosses
off his name under the cinnamon keg. He then goes
to talk with the others interested in some of the
items he had signed his name under to see about making some friendly deals.

                 He approaches Unali & Z'leyra
first & states he will withdraw his request for
any of the tapestries & the fine wall hanging
(which he's not sure where he'd store anyway), if
he could have the silver eating utensils, which
he sees a future & practical use for (& they're
easy to store in his backpack, weighing
practically nothing). He explains this reasoning
& awaits their response. (He will be willing to
take one tapestry & 1/2 of the eating utensils,
if that's what the others decide amongst
themselves, but will not push - they actually
have homes to hang the tapestries.)

                 Raddok then approaches Mournath
& ask if he'd be willing to split the decision
over the two items (armband & the brilliant
turquoise) between the two of them. He is willing
for Mournath to have first choice. (He silently
feels the armband looks like it would fit nicely,
but Raddok knows he could always have the
turquoise (a beautiful stone) set into an armband
later.) He awaits Mournath's response.

                 Raddok finally approaches
Captain Dorhak about the magical bracelet. He
tells the Captain that he is willing to withdraw
his request for the bracelet, since it seems no
one else has asked for the Amulet of Detection.
The amulet is also a magical item, & even better,
something he can use without magic, but he asks
the Captain who might be able to tell him how to
use the amulet (assuming he gets it) - it could
be very handy if it can detect danger or traps as
well as jewels or coins/treasure - maybe even a
person - he obviously needs to know more about
it. He will need someone of magical skill to help
him ascertain how to use it most effectively.
With one magical item seemingly coming to him, he
is quite satisfied, & tells the Captain to enjoy the magical bracelet.

                 He then talks briefly about the
unclaimed items - he does not believe he could
use a talisman & doesn't know much about potions
& powders, although the powder of Influence might
be useful, the others would have negative side
effects. The gorget could be useful, but how
often do you meet a divine Mushrussu? (come to
think of it, it might be useful, or perhaps sold
to a priest at a later date - but someone else
might get a better price). He tells Dorhak that
perhaps the items should just be later sold
as  party treasure & the proceeds distributed.

                 He then prepares for his
double-watch duty, putting all of his cleaned
armor back on & wearing all his weapons, with his
shield on his back. He will use the mace & shield
as first choice of weapons if pirates try to hit them tonight.
            GM: Ack. All magic items would be
explained.  So far I assume the Sidh do it since
no one has stepped up.  I posted about this on
last update on Mysterious item as well but no
takers.  But aside from Mysterious mail all
properties are known as is.  Use and such as
well. Darn forgot about double shift notes I
gotta find that again.  Though it makes sense to
stop double a day out of port?  So a lot of this
is what-if so need to wait for others.  But I'll
assume these removals are solid – Keg, Map,
Tapestry and Mail.  Per email Unali gives you the
utensils.  Will update loot list.

            Post from Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
                 "I know that Kiet, Z’leyra and
Arawn could all help you with

            GM: Ack.  This is how our group
decided. If Leader didn't do it – which causes
some issue then its a draw straw, rock/scissors or random roll.

         [Apris 27th, 1636TH – DeChat City]
         [Time: 3:08 pm]

            Raddok approaches Dorhak on the bracelet.

            "I know that Kiet, Z'leyra and Arawn
could all help you with the amulet. They are all
pretty strong magicians.  But I think it's only
good for detecting brass or bronze, or some such."  Dorhak replies to Raddok.

            "I chose the bracelet because, as a
non-magic user, I have few defenses against hostile magic."

            "If we have conflicts between each
other over items, I'll have it settled by lot
(random roll, best roll gets that item).  Let the
gods decide.  But no Divination!  No cheating!"

                 ---------------------------

         [Apris 28th, 1636TH]
         [Time: 7:00 am]

            The Black Depths is now sailing fast
toward Vahear.  Mournath has to plot a more
southern route to use the currents aside from
Arawn's Friendly Current spell.  Today yields
good winds allowing the ship to travel 28
miles.  Thanks goodness no pirates pursue the
party.  If they did they'd figure a coastal route
not a direct western one to open sea.  In fact
this is the first time the ship loses sight of
land since leaving Sivas.  Now it is up to the
Navigator, Helmsman and charts and skills to get there.

            The day is partly cloudy all day with
temperatures ranging from a brief 31 to a toasty 92 degrees.

         [Time: 7:46 am]

            A rain storm hits the ship lasting 19
minutes drenching those on deck.

         [Time: 8:32 am]

            Another rain storm hits but it over
before it starts in only 2 minutes.

                         --------------

         [Apris 29th, 1636TH]
         [Time: 7:08 am]

            The winds are less today with only
average speed giving ship to travel only 15
miles.  The day is overcast and gray.

         [Time: 7:15 am]

            A wind storm hits the ship lasting 13
minutes with gale force winds. Crew hasten to batten down hatches and lockers.

         [Time: 10:56 am]

            Another gusty wind hit s the ship
forcing Mournath to fit the wheel for
control.  One spar bag falls and almost hits Ix
but she avoids it.  The storm lasts 16 minutes.

         [Time: 6:26 pm]

            As the skies darken a water spout is
seen off the ship a few hundred yards to the
port. It lasts 3-4 minutes but then ends.  Brutto
comments spouts at dusk are a bad omen.  But soon
the ship has to anchor in open water.

                 --------

         [Apris 30th, 1636TH]
         [Time: 6:58 am]

            Average winds help the ship get the
ship another 19 miles closer to Vahear.  It is
another dreary overcast day giving temperatures to range from 58 to
86.

         [Time: 8:03 am]

            Everyone is awake and some are eating
breakfast.  Suddenly Corona dives down screeching
a warning.  Those who understand Eagle like
Fremea, Arawn Z'leyra and Pyan understand it
well.  He has spotted a large creature directly
in front. Dorhak orders the ship to port.  But it
is too late a large beast surfaces from the
depths and is only 8 feet from the ship.  With
his body a green-gray mist is seen.

            The creature moves fast toward the
port side and its neck is 10 feet above the
water.  This is when those who have seen such
recognize it as a Wyrm!  It breathes a cloud of
poison right at Arawn who is near and the cloud
hits him.  He begins to cough and gag but seems to be unaffected.

         [Time: 8:03:00 am]
         [Phase 1]

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update...Saturday?

         GM: This is a quick update.  My Tue/Wed
will now be less busy so should have time to do
more.  But for this one I'll either start
Wednesday or finish Saturday. I'll do 2 phases
per update. This is first shift so those 3 I can
allow wearing armor/weapons.  But keep in mind it
is 86 this balmy morning now so armor might be
sweaty.  It is also 2 days from Dechat so
paranoia is gone for pirates so it doesn't make
much sense for most to have weapons on 24/7.  But
if you want to argue weapons are nearby that's
fine I'll take it. Otherwise time will need to be
to get such items.  I can see weapons on deck on
lockers though.  Loot list updated.  This is only
combat till Vahear so once this is done adventure
enters part 4.  if you guys can wait till Monday
(I'm off) I'll do a map and positions of each
person.  So I'll randomize that to see where each
is.  But I'm a bit tired tonight.  So feel free
to wait till Monday.  Only 3 necklace slots left
till Vahear.  I've heard from John/Arawn.  Been
busy.  He does comment that the map scroll should
go to party treasure – his vote.

         GM: Unali – Arawn in thanks for helping
him offers to enhance a Moonwort for
  you.

             Dorhak – Since on duty can use full
armor/weapons but keep in mind hot day and going
overboard from a Wyrm might not be good.
             Fremea  - Will figure out mana on
Monday since your worst off.  Keep in mind Vahear
is soon so may need to save some mana.
             Raddok – Same as Dorhak on gear.
             Unali – you without daggers never! :)

         GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or less
               Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th

                 Character           Date         Learning          Notes
                   Pyan          Apr  27th     Fomorian From Unali Failure
                   Pyan          Apr  28th     Fomorian From Unali Failure
                   Pyan          Apr  29th     Fomorian From Unali Success
                     ---     Apr  30-Ma 2nd?

         GM: Watch Assignments:

                 First  ( 7-10am) - Dorhak, Raddok, Ix
                 Second (10- 1am) - Arawn, Mae, Pyan
                 Third  ( 1- 4am) - Fremea, Z'leyra, Mournath
                 Fourth ( 4- 7am) - Unali, Kiet, Barbasa