[pnpgm] Behind the scenes chit chat

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 24 23:05:18 CEST 2018

Raddok is surprised by Arawn's question, & blushes slightly. "I haven't discussed religion much on a personal level, although I've both listened to & participated in small discussions of various gods and the alignments in general." He paused briefly, looking out over the sea. "My heritage from Donara is a mixed one - many of us have contrary opinions and beliefs from our neighbors a hundred miles away, and we have learned to live together anyway under one general ruling government. If we disagree, we often keep it to ourselves."
"I was raised to the beliefs of the Law alignment, Ashur and Enki, and I believe in their stands for truth and justice and knowledge. But, in my own personal experience, getting to know and befriend the dwarves, and their Bes and Dvallin. Then when I became friends with a couple of shamans and even an elf, I discovered that one shaman and the elf had both had dreams they felt were messages from their elder gods - Morrigan, Mathgen and others. They, we, that is, followed the instructions from those dreams and we accomplished great things I wouldn't have believed. I have even seen a Zehani, who is a messenger of Tehuti, and we all heard the message he brought to our group leaders. I don't even remember the titles of most of these gods,  or their interests - but someday I'm gonna do some reading about them. I write down what I can in my personal journal. But - all these strange gods I have heard of in the last few years, and that I really don't know - they seem very real and at least a little concerned with how we live our lives here. I can't dismiss any of it - at all.

"So, I have learned a bit out here in the world - mostly about how much I do NOT know." He turned, grinning, to Arawn. "So I prefer to ask for help from wherever it might come & give thanks for staying safe from harm, to whoever out there who might be listening - whether they are of the elder gods, who have been around a lot longer than many of the other gods, and built a pretty decent world, or my own home country's deities that support law over chaos. It can only be a good thing to recognize any 'helpers' we have. I guess I just tend to support any gods I've been told about that support the things I love about Life and the people who are my friends, and am willing to fight those that worship the gods that try to destroy the good things in the world. I don't pray out loud much, except in extreme circumstances, however," and he grinned again, still a little blushed.

Bess L. Hadley