[pnpgm] Dorhak

Dorhak Red Wall dorhak at comcast.net
Mon Oct 8 01:52:44 CEST 2018

Dorhak is somewhat concerned over the events after the giant's rather warm demise.  Everybody trying to run off and get themselves killed.  And then there was the other incident.  The one that had to be dealt with.

dorhak goes to Fremea after she gets back and tells her "Lass.  You’re a creature of the air, not the sea. You almost ended up as fish food.  Next time, maybe you should be a bit less impetuous.  Whatever treasure there might have been is a pittance compared to the treasure you are."

after the work work parties get started, Captain Dorhak sees about helping with any woodwork there is to be done.  His efforts won’t look pretty, but maybe they will be enough to get this wounded tub to the next port.

later, when the first mate has finished her rest from being 'pronged' by the trident, Dorhak asks that she join him in his cabin.  "Shut the door" he tells her, then sits down.  "Z'leyra.  I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were just confused after you near death.  But you cannot countermand the orders of your Captain on this ship.  I ordered the ship away from that monstrosity and you shouted out an order to stop.  It’s not your place.  It’s literal mutiny.  Before we left port, you promised to follow my orders on this trip.  I was careful to make sure I got that promise from you since you are the senior member of this crazy group."

Dorhak sighs and shakes ales his head.  Then he looks at her with a very determined face and quietly says "Don’t do it again.  Or it will be considered mutiny and the penalty won’t be withheld."

before she she can get a word out he says "Dismissed!"

after she she leaves he sits there wondering how he would ever impose such a punishment, knowing in the end that it wasn’t bloody likely.