[pnpgm] Raddok - response to Update #21

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 11 01:15:21 CEST 2018

[approx 4-7 pm-ish]

Raddok accompanies Kiet in purchasing supplies for the ship & the group's  journey. The only supplies of his own that he brings with him are ten pounds of grain he had recently bought for his horse, which he plans to leave at the estate's stable (the original plan had been to leave it at the boarding stable as a treat for his beast, but the estate now works as well).

Kiet takes him to the stable where Raddok paid 1GC & 3SC for 6 weeks' boarding, placing his horse's gear on the horse for ease of carrying. He then asked directions to his local moneylender, where he withdrew 2GC for journey expenses, arranging for the fee to be paid from part of the remaining balance.

As Kiet purchases some supplies at a chandlers (cross-country supplier?), Raddok purchases some climbing gear he finds in a corner of the shop - a grappling hook, 50 feet of fine rope (for climbing), a Climbers Hammer, ten iron spikes - and, on general principles, 3 sacks, each capable of holding ten to twenty pounds of supplies, etc. He had a funny feeling the gear might be needed, although he'd actually been meaning to buy the gear for some time, and now used the opportunity to do so.

Raddok tells Kiet that he's willing to chip in one of his gold coins, or both, if needed for his share of the group's traveling expenses, but that would be all he could afford at the current time.

When they reached the estate, Raddok politely bows at Kiet's introduction to the steward and guards and makes arrangements to board his horse & store his horse's gear along with the other horses to be retrieved later by Arawn, leaving one GC and two SC to cover the animal's expenses. In addition, he leaves the ten pounds of grain for his horse, which would make his pack load that much lighter, and the grain would get used before it got too old.

[OOC: OK, Scott, I know I told you I was leaving 2GC at the estate to care for the horse, but decided that the horse should only be there for a month maximum, so that's why the revised figure above. This will leave Raddok's cash (carried with him) as 2GC,11SC, 8CC, 9BB. (this figuring he breaks up a GC into SC for easier spending at less risk of exposing what little gold he has with him to strangers' eyes).
I also realized that the grain Raddok was carrying (for his horse) would get too old if carried with his other supplies so he decides to leave it at the estate stables - this reduces his supply weight by 10#, and the new climbing gear adds 8.75# (a net loss of 1.25# - lol)]

Bess L. Hadley