[pnpgm] Game Update #16

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Fri Apr 13 04:36:19 CEST 2018

[Raddok knows of some of the sailor names and rattles a few of them off...]

   Arawn committed the information to memory (Memorization skill), though he expected that Raddok would be at hand should the druid fail to recall every detail. He then thanked both him and Mae for their assistance with the wounded before alerting Corsaya that all was now well on board the ship.

[Replies to Bess's post...]

   The alfar smiled and gave the man a nod. "Most of my companions speak Salaqi so communication shouldn't be a problem. But your more than welcome to accompany me.
   As I take it that Marentian isn't something you're familiar with, what other languages do you speak? Though I wouldn't worry over much about the barrier. If you travel with us we have ways of speeding up your linguistic education, starting with Marentian."

   As he walked across deck he paid attention to anything Raddok had to say before stopping to alert the guards to keep an eye on Corsaya. He then called out to the rest of the party on deck.

   "Raddok and I will be going down to see what's left to discover and if anyone else is in need of help. If anyone wishes to join us they're welcome. But we should reconvene shortly to discuss our discoveries before anything else gets muffed up," Arawn suggested before making his way down the steps.

   He allowed Raddok to guide him, first to his cabin to allow the man to gather his belongings before moving on to the other decks. As they moved along he continued to ask Raddok about both himself and what he knew about those who had sailed with him. Besides allowing him a better sense of the man it might also provide him with some valuable insights into the mystery set before the party.

[Unali notices Arawn checking the empty berths and briefly explains the captain is dead...]

   Arawn asked Unali for any further information, what had been discovered so far. [OOC: Assuming she tells him - Unali/Wout, let me know if Unali would keep anything secret].

   "I will question the dead, at the least the captain as well as guard you had left alive in the hold," he said, following her as she checked on the latter. "But not until we've collected all the other information we can. I'd prefer to make wise use of the limited time I'll have to call up their souls."

   Moving into the hold de took advantage of his medical training to study the bound man, to ensure he truly was dead and to try to identify exactly how he died.

   "And Z'leyra may be able to pore over the Akashic Record in the captain's chamber in the moments before papers were burnt and his untimely demise. It may reveal some useful clues, either words uttered or information on the papers burnt."

    Once he was done looking over the man he looked back to Unali. "I'll accompany Raddok here and scan the ship for any other hidden compartments. I'll rejoin everyone on deck afterwards and we can begin to piece things together."

   He then looked down at the blood and gore, grimacing.

   "And a thorough purification will be needed after this place has been scrubbed clean. Too much death and misery... it can draw bad energies if not taken care of."

[Smuggler Skills and God's Eyes at max EL to search the ship for any hidden rooms, compartments and such.]

[OOC: Later, once he's done below deck, he'll rejoin the others to share any discoveries and ask about any they might have discovered. He'll repeat his suggestions shared with Unali to the group - Speak with the Dead, Akashic Record. I'll wait to see what anyone might have to say before attempting to speak with dead.

   He'll also spend this time checking in with Mournath, Ix and her wolf companion. Basically asking who they are (not Mournath of course:), what their story is, languages, goals from here and so on. Arawn will mention recognizing Ix from his time in Ba'ru.

   He will also change out of his robes to begin the work of cleaning the ship. If all is done before Damon's crew arrives Arawn will cast Purification at max EL to remove any taint left behind by the unsavory things done on board.

   He will also speak to Damon regarding checking in on the dead sailors remaining family so they can be compensated for their loss and allow them a fair chance at a good life.

   And Arawn will assist the crew using his Seaman skill when the time comes to move the ship. He'll call Corsaya to come aboard before doing so or else see her to a place of safety before doing so.]