[pnpgm] Game Update #140

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Sat Jul 15 23:53:56 CEST 2017

OOC:

Using the Cryx to reactivate the wards - Done!

Healing damage inflicted on casters - Arawn will share his Healing Kit with Z'leyra so the two of them can tend to the wounds inflicted.

As the party makes the 50-60 story climb:

OOC: As the group moves on to dispelling wards Arawn should take the time to explain what he knows of this place, its creation. His explanation likely won't be as detailed but as time is short and there's a lot to type up I'm just copying/pasting here to allow everyone to get the gist.

[First Dream]

[This dream occurred over the month at random times from going
from Cetric's village to a week to Kameran border. Happens maybe a
half dozen or so times.]

   A blinding light. It seems like it takes forever and then your
point of view draws back. You realize you are staring into the
intense flames of a large bonfire. As your POV draws back you
see darkness all around. There are forms but it is too dark to tell
anything from it. You are unsure if this is from the past when
you were outside on a campfire or something else.

[Second Dream]

[Same as first dream except more detail. Happened twice up to the
Tree of souls combat.]

   The forms seem to coalesce into shapes. Soon you think they
are humanoid forms. There are maybe a dozen forms around the
campfire but their faces seem to be real blurred. So you can't
tell who they may be. You also realize the place seems to be
a high cave not outside. Either a very large building or a
large cave.

[Third Dream]

[Same as first two but more detail. This dream came the night of
the Tree combat.]

   The forms become more distinct. You can tell they seem to be
humans or Faerry. This time though the faces are still blurred
but it seems they are talking. Your POV seems to change form
person to person. But you hear nothing. But you do get the
impression of a heated discussion. Then the POV draws back to
the campfire and you wake up.

[Fourth Dream]

[Same as above but more detail comes. This time you see the faces.]

   You recognize the people and are a bit stunned by this convocation.
Something that rarely if ever happened. Not unless it was a serious
situation.
   You recognize with a lump in your mental throat your Mother the
Goddess of War aka Queen of Magic and Sorcery!. She sits there like
a regal noblewoman. She seems to be sitting quiet. Titania - Queen
of Faerry Sidh a site to behold as a gorgeous Faerry woman. Lugh -
Creator & God of Sidh - in a Elf child form. Aster Queen of
Sidh, aka Silent queen dressed in mourning robes. Daenn - High king
of the Sidh wearing hunters green clothing but wearing no weapons.
Oberson - King of Faerry Sidh. Finvarra - King of Elf Sidh a Elf in
silver chainmail.
   Sabbthiel - Champion of the law - a beautiful Ahura VAhagn -
Champion of Order - blond warrior wearing silver/gold chainmail.
Your heart sinks you know Ba-en-kekon - Champion of Entropy
but he is to the side in the form of a dark cloud. How could
all these forces sit in one place without killing each other?
Ahura Mazda - Lord of Balance who you've only seen in passing.
Manu - personification of fate looking like a Zehani.
   You've only heard of this one never seen him in person - Bahram -
Master of Shapes sitting as a tall regal hawk. This god seems to
be known as he often has a very gold crest to animals he takes.
Shamshiel - patron of war - who shows here as a old warrior in gray
armor. Then your inner mind smiles as you recognize your father -
Payan - King of true sidh the albino Elf in black leather armor.
You seem to notice last a new form and it takes what seems like
forever but may only be mental seconds to recognize. Gwydion -
Lord of Transmutation as a boy who seems to grin and giggle.
   You watch as Titania seems to raise hands and wave them about
in some fashion as he speaks. You see Sabbthiel stand and
move about while talking. Then you watch as your father stand
and move back and forth speaking.
   But as you wake you try to recall the lips. You are no expert
in lip reading but it seems to come and go. "...hostile...intent...
armageddon....too man....freedom...." But you try and try and it
doesn't seem to give more information.
   As you wake to try to make notes little is learned. You are unsure
if you are seeing the past, present or future. Are you seeing
something real or from your own mind? Yu know humans have dreams
often to solve problems or for fantasy pleasure. But the Alfar brain
is so different. Is this genetic memory or fake from some strong
imagination?

[Final Dream]

[Same as above but things come in a flash. The images and sounds
are so intense it takes a long time to process. This dream is given
night before entering Kam village.]

Titania: "..they are a hostile group and must be dealt with!"
Manu: "We do not know what tehir full intent is."

Lugh: "Are you serious? They with the serpent have waged a
war against man. Killing millions."

Manu: "They are too many to even deal with as a whole. Unless
we personally intercede man will be gone before it cna even get
used to standing on two legs!"

Vahagn: "Do not underestimate man." Glancing at Manu briefly.
"The fates see their thread strong and long."

Aster: "Not if certain..beings do not interfere."

Gwydion laughs and slaps his knee.

Payan: "With help of others I have come up with a solution.
A great Ritual will be cast to trap them all." Payan walks around
the area. Your mother seems to look down as if sad for something.
"Only with help from you here can this be done."

Payan turns to the dark cloud as if it said something but the dream
dees not rely it or maybe it was mental?

Pyan continues, "freedom? You do realize these things will end
us..you..everyone here. No threat has been so great to the gods
since the death of Danaan. Do you want to risk it?"
The group looks to the cloud who seems to shimmer a bit.
Payan nods, "fine then here is what we will do...."

[A flash of memory?]

   You see Payan in a hallway and waits for someone. A
plump dwarf female in a loincloth rounds the corner. "Bes.
Good day."
   "For you perhaps. You and the others with your secret
meeting. There are rumors stirring already!"
   "I know. It has to be done. I need a favor."
   "Favors are not godly."
   "No. They are more human. But the ritual is
kin to a debt of honor."
   She crosses her arms. "Listening."
   "I need you to create some dreams for me. Then deliver
them."
   Bes raises a eyebrow....

Pyan:

[Pyan: "I could shoot the wards with arrows.... If that would be of any help." - send as a separate message that Pyan can more easily notice and reply to.
   "If it ever does then by all means," Arawn said, giving the hunter a bit of a grin. "We'll let you if the opportunity pops up."]

Runes:

[ "Arawn and Z'leyra are tapped out of energy. How can we climb without being killed by those diamond crystals? To be there and not there unseen and seen? What kind of riddle is that?" Z'layha says.
Fremea then notices this is the same words she heard from her own test below. If only they had figured that out before this might've been prevented?
 Arawn nods, "another safeguard. She is only seeing what only native kamerans can see."
 Z'leyra squints but sees nothing.
 As if reading her thoughts, "You left and maybe that magic has worn off?" ]

   I'm a bit confused by this. So is what Z'layha's is seeing a trick to be ignored? Or is this something for us to actually be concerned with?

   If this does seem to be something to be concerned with...

   "Fremea is present, both here and in her test, outside linear time, seen and unseen. Her other self can hear us talk in her test. Perhaps both versions of Fremea need to work together to end things, if we, or this Fremea, can get the 'other' Fremea's attention," Arawn offered up as a suggestion.