[pnpgm] Kiet's tawdry thoughts

David Sanders dasandersx at comcast.net
Sat Feb 18 03:21:31 CET 2017

Haha...you thought you were going to get something juicy, didn't you?

My last email was one that I had started but forgot to send.

Kiet is happy to be simply on a visiting trip instead of something more like a mission.  While we still have to finish up with Z'leyra's sister and get this supposed murder thing cleared up, the time in between has passed normally pleasant enough.

This statue unveiling is an example.  It's simple.  Uncomplicated.  Kiet sees that he can relax a bit and not have to worry too much.  Still, he makes sure his Tulwar is loose in the scabbard.  One can't be too careful in this line of work.  Kiet keeps his eyes open, especially watching the crowd.  Still gotta watch out for Z.

The unveiled statue is certainly worth looking at.  Well proportioned, but mostly due to the precious metals incorporated in the work.  An interesting mix of color, but somewhat gaudy in Kiet's mind.  Still, it's way more than Kiet could do himself!  It might prove useful to talk to Z's brother and learn about the technique.  Who knows when something like that could come in handy

Uh-oh!  The ground starts shaking and Kiet isn't really sure why.  On his home island such things happen on occasion, but not quite this strong.  Not sure what to do, other than be outside, he's kept busy just trying to stay on his feet.  He considers throwing a spell, but dismisses it.  While it might not be noticed now, beside the distraction the quake is causing, the cast might be noticed and Kiet doesn't want to be blamed for the quake!

The quake gets more powerful, and the ground starts opening up!!! Kiet is just about ready to dig into his magic tokens when there is a bright, too bright flash and a boom that just about knocks him back.  Unfortunately, he may never know how far...because everything goes black.

Sent from my iPad