[pnpgm] Game Update #74

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Thu Aug 25 20:23:33 CEST 2016

"Taking things [from the Dae'ta Koti?] I've not figured out who actually takes products as they never replied to that original update":

   Not sure what you're trying to tell me here. Waluf had said he'll pass this way when he returns to the village so Arawn asked if he can skin or defang the snake then. Unless someone else speaks up to indicate a possible complication I assume this shouldn't be a problem, correct?

Training others:

   Assuming the players were still trying to wrap things up I believe Arawn was training...

   Kell - training him in Jeweler skill. The last day this occured should have been Janaq 6th. Kell, did you want/need further training?

   Z'leyra - had expressed interest in learning Healing Mist. Z, I can't recall if you learned the spell yet but if you're still looking for training let us know.

SoP and other questions:

[This sop more stuff?...  You doing stuff on the trip?... Then you say offer something up....]:

   Sorry, I'm a bit confused by the response. I'm guessing it's mainly because I included some IBT stuff at the bottom which I forgot to remove.

   'Additional SOP' - additional to what I've already listed on my SoP list. The winter weather is a perfect time for Arawn to practice Ice House and Ice Bridge, especially should something happen and the increased EL's prove handy later. But I'll remind you regarding Ice Bridge at the next river as requested:)

    The latter part, regarding Ruby and spear training was meant to be deleted as I moved that info to my IBT response.

   [You doing stuff on the trip?] - not sure what you mean by this

   [Then you say offer something up and I need to know definites] - not sure what you're referring to. If it's in regards to Arawn paying a PC to train him, easy, if a player responds in a post that they'll train Arawn the two of us can negotiate a deal and then we'll let you know our agreed upon payment. If no one replies, which seems the case at the moment, then just assume Arawn is training on his own.

Water Powers:

   I'm guessing you're referring to lowering the water levels. That would be the Flood spell which can lower or raise water levels, which fits with your Moses comment:)

Healing:

   Thanks for the clarification. So as you just need PC's to indicate how they prefer to be healed...

   Arawn will heal himself when able. He'll start by treating with Healer (Elf) skill. Then, if he's got 6 or fewer hp to heal, he'll cast God's Eyes at max EL followed by Healing at max EL (using the Sidh Tongue to boost). If he has more than 6 hp to heal he'll instead cast Healing Mist (using the Sidh Tongue) when the situation allows for him to safely do so.

   If he's asked to heal others he'll start with Healer (Elf) skill when applicable followed by God's Eyes at max EL and Healing Hand at max EL (if they have 8 or less hp to heal). If they need more healing than this or if 2 or more players need healing from him he'll instead use Healing Mist at max EL (using the Sidh Tongue)

Ceremony:

   [Edited after pm's with Scott...]

   With Cetric's permission Arawn had performed a simple blessing, leaving greater ceremony behind to avoid upsetting the villagers sensibilites. And unlike most he was aware of the great power inherent to the site and the great responsibility taken up the shaman, taking extra care to respect such.

   He stuck to traditional Zen'da tools - the plants found on the plains, the breath of wind and purity of fire, among other things - to keep the blessing simple and familiar to the village. His prayer to Payan was spoken beneath his breath, in the eldest of tongues, as he asked for his father's hand to help see the village through the harshness of winter.

   [Blessing at max EL on the village]

   It was only once away from the village that he resorted to a fuller ceremony, focused on the party, in particular Z'leyra. She had chosen a time of stark challenge. Most would say she was perhaps a bit mad but to those who understood the realm of Ice it allowed one to test their strength and where simple truth would be layed bare. And it was truth that the shaman sought.

   Arawn stood in the center of a circle formed from those in attendance. Dressed in druid attire he held a bowl in his hands, filled with water blessed thrice-over by the touch of sunlight, dawn to just before dusk, with pine cones and leaves of holly nestled at the bottom.  The strength of summer and the power of winter rested within the humble vessel over which the druid began to pray. He spoke, first in the primal language of the Sidh before moving on to the susurrant sibilation of the Wood. As he did so he moved clockwise about the gathering, holding the bowl to the sky at each cardinal location. Held in one hand was a switch of pine with which he sprinkled the holy water upon the assembled.

   "Hail, the Ice Warrior! Hail, the Marshal of the Wild! Hail, the seeker of justice, great Payan! Bless this water and those touched by it that they might be blessed by your hand. While the land prepares to slumber, when cold and ice bring others to a halt, you walk the land in untouched strength. Grant to these people your strength and wisdom to see us through this season.

   And as you seek justice for the ancient wrongs I implore you to guide the shamaness, Z'leyra, as she seeks the same for suffering and wrongs laid against her. Grant us the strength to make it through snow and ice, hardened by winter's embrace so that we might help her. And may her goal resonate with you that she might walk in your footsteps, walking a path blazed by you, most high Payan!"

   [Purification and Ceremony at max EL's]

Wand:

   For future encounters, Arawn would keep this where he could reach it at a moments notice, so not in the bag. It's a tool that aids in combat and he'd treat it as a weapon, something that should be near at hand. If you decide a sheath is needed for this then Arawn will Transmute some nearby wood or stone into one until he can find the time to permanently craft or buy one - just let me know.

Unali, the griffins, and the Dwarf:

   With the griffins dealt with Arawn turned his attention to the newly arrived. Normally he would have made a bee-line to the dwarf, the druid always quick to bring strangers to ease but this time another drew the focus of his attention.

   "Thank you and hello," he called out to the dwarf in the Elder Tongue, hoping the stranger would understand. (If the dwarf doesn't seem to understand he'll repeat in Faerry Sidh followed by Marentian and Zen'da). He gave a warm smile, his demeanor quite approachable, and his hands empty. He waved at the dwarf and gave a nod as he moved past him to speak with Unali.

   "I'm suprised that you found us so quickly but glad that you did," he told the warrioress. His eyes betrayed a sense of concern for the woman, his sharp senses detecting something stirring beneath the surface.

   "Is everything okay?"

   When the time came to tend to the corpses of the griffin the alfar, recalling the last encounter with such creatures, decided to take initiative and gather some of the fallen feathers.

   "If anyone's up for it and not claiming it for themselves, could someone gather up some of the mane and feathers. I'll help as I can but I'm no master at this."