[pnpgm] Fwd: Fwd: horses and gear

Murtha, Mark Mark.Murtha at tylertech.com
Thu Apr 28 22:16:22 CEST 2016

Here in Colorado, there is Pikes Peak outside (roughly) my house. It rises 8000 feet higher at its point than the base, the base is ~6000 ft above sea level, the peak at ~14,000.  These are mountains, the Appalachian Trail is hills, not mountains.  Not saying it is easy without a trail, but far easier than the mountains here.  There is no crossing without a true pass or canyon.

Below 6000 ft, the snow is very light.  Between 6000 and 8000, more.  Above that, well it can be nothing to a huge drop of snow.  There is a lot less oxygen at this elevation.

I see them as hills, and they may get light snow but shouldn’t be bad.  Unless there is a blizzard, that does happen.  Either way, still hills and not true mountains.

Mark Murtha
Implementation Consultant